Football Programmes Centre

What a pile of Shite!!
AlbumAlbum   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   My Wants ListMy Wants List   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
What a pile of Shite!!
Goto page 1, 2  Next

Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    The Football Programme Forum Index -> Anything Goes Chit Chat
View previous topic :: View next topic  
manchesterunitedman1

PostPosted: Thu Jan 14, 2021 9:53 am 
Post subject: What a pile of Shite!!

Yep that is the only word for it, i have thrown away over the years items 10 better than this garbage.

You would think the seller is a rookie on Ebay, but he shows over 40,000 positives!-i cannot believe anyone would buy this stuff!

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Manchester-United-Sheffield-Wednesday-1960-61-Football-Programme-review-21/133544132319?hash=item1f17d9bedf:g:jb8AAOSw3rFfg3mb

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Manchester-United-Blackburn-Rovers-1960-61-Football-Programme-review-1/233742651033?hash=item366c25ce99:g:LUYAAOSwyEhfgxAw

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Manchester-United-West-Ham-United-1959-60-football-programme-Review-22/233780793089?hash=item366e6bcf01:g:vJAAAOSwnNVfr4DC

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Manchester-United-Burnley-1959-60-football-programme-Review-13/313300271257?hash=item48f226c099:g:p0IAAOSwH-Bfr9Uh

Incredible but i love one of his terms "much loved" Laughing

All of the above are not even fit to wipe yer rear end!

Wave

To see 19,900++ original items relating to Newton Heath & Manchester Utd 1878-2023 then visit www.flickr.com/photos/manchesterunitedman1/sets to see entire uploads.

1000's more images to be uploaded, to view the latest uploads go to www.flickr.com/photos/manchesterunitedman1/

Click any images 21 MILLION views to date to the Flickr site since 2007 growing every day. New Uploads weekly. Thank You to one & all for visiting!
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website My Wants List
Tynie Topics

PostPosted: Thu Jan 14, 2021 10:00 am 
Post subject:

Slight crease, some wear............
pastpirate
Forum Moderator

PostPosted: Thu Jan 14, 2021 12:53 pm 
Post subject:

Sad thing is some idiot will buy them.

www.bristolroversmemorabilia.weebly.com The definitive list of Bristol Rovers programmes
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website MSN Messenger My Wants List
New Forest

PostPosted: Thu Jan 14, 2021 1:09 pm 
Post subject:

pastpirate wrote:
Sad thing is some idiot will buy them.

That's why he's now selling them.
sharrowblade
Forum Moderator

PostPosted: Thu Jan 14, 2021 1:11 pm 
Post subject: Re: What a pile of Shite!!

manchesterunitedman1 wrote:
Yep that is the only word for it, i have thrown away over the years items 10 better than this garbage.

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Manchester-United-Sheffield-Wednesday-1960-61-Football-Programme-review-21/133544132319?hash=item1f17d9bedf:g:jb8AAOSw3rFfg3mb

A pile of shite.....Sheffield Wednesday?......Yep, that would be about right
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website My Wants List
sharrowblade
Forum Moderator

PostPosted: Thu Jan 14, 2021 1:18 pm 
Post subject:

Pablo2019

PostPosted: Thu Jan 14, 2021 2:21 pm 
Post subject:

Typical. Maybe stop being such a fucking snob and appreciate that to some people, a mere fiver is worth paying for a genuine 60 year old match worn Man Utd programme and is a piece of history worth owning?
colchestersid

PostPosted: Thu Jan 14, 2021 3:07 pm 
Post subject:

Pablo2019 wrote:
Typical. Maybe stop being such a fucking snob and appreciate that to some people, a mere fiver is worth paying for a genuine 60 year old match worn Man Utd programme and is a piece of history worth owning?

Why pay a fiver when you could get the same programme in good condition for half the price?

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/1960-FA-CUP-MANCHESTER-UNITED-V-SHEFFIELD-WEDNESDAY-3/202808239263?hash=item2f3850249f%3Ag%3Ar9cAAOSwmdtdtELy&LH_BIN=1
Tynie Topics

PostPosted: Thu Jan 14, 2021 3:18 pm 
Post subject:

"Match worn" - I've only ever seen that used to describe shirts
HendonHotshots

PostPosted: Thu Jan 14, 2021 4:48 pm 
Post subject:

The hobby has always been a case of one mans meat is another mans poison - some Collectors will have redlines over what they consider acceptable condition and other collectors won’t.

To me A programme with team changes or folded probably has more provenance than a mint condition printed-from-digital programme for a behind closed doors fixture..

Manchesterunitedman’s post raises an interesting conundrum about what programmes - if any - do we actually “bin” over the years?

On the basis that there is a thin line between collectors and hoarders We surely aren’t all perfectionists and I think It would be nice (reassuring!!) to maybe have collectors post their “worst” condition programme whether because it is several years old, fills a gap in a collection, waiting for a better or just simply because it has sentimental value.

Mine is not rare at all. a 1984 schoolboy international - the first time I was taken along to Wembley - and a programme that my dog decided to chew to pieces the following week.

Is the programme bought on the day “shite” or “garbage”? Certainly. only fit for the bin? Absolutely. Although I would like it think it worthy of the blue recycling bin than household waste. Would I wipe my bottom on it?? In a covid situation with a run on loo roll, almost definitely.

But 36 years on I still have it for the memories. Memories that an 1888 FAC final programme for example wouldn’t give.
lancs collector

PostPosted: Thu Jan 14, 2021 6:16 pm 
Post subject: what a pile of

I've binned plenty of the 1966 World Cup tournament programmes over the years! There must be thousands out there! Very Happy
das

PostPosted: Thu Jan 14, 2021 8:05 pm 
Post subject:

I bought a far better copy of the Burnley one not that long ago for £2.50 so the price isn't very realistic.

I would probably consider programmes like that if it was a rare or expensive one but those aren't.
derby1884
Forum Moderator

PostPosted: Thu Jan 14, 2021 11:22 pm 
Post subject:

HendonHotshots wrote:

To me A programme with team changes or folded probably has more provenance than a mint condition printed-from-digital programme for a behind closed doors fixture..

I couldn't agree more!

I look at team changes on a pre-war programme and think "that person was actually there" and then I think to myself I bet his grandchildren don't realise a little bit of his personal history has made it down the years and (somehow) found its way to this top-floor flat in an Aberdeen suburb.

Blows my mind somewhat....
manchesterunitedman1

PostPosted: Thu Jan 14, 2021 11:32 pm 
Post subject:

[quote="derby1884"]
HendonHotshots wrote:

Blows my mind somewhat....

I couldn't agree more!

Totally spot on you two, team changes half times scores are all acceptable but my comment which it seems for some passes over their head completely is nothing to do with a programme that has been "lived in" the items i have shown were more like they were demolished than lived in.

The seller is not a football man, his prices for 1960s United "fodder"homes[35,000 printed each match] at a tenner show him to have bought some stuff and has done no research into the fact so much is availiable for 99p-its just a commodity to the seller no more or less. I would not want to show myself up selling or offering that shite under my name and i would imagine there would not be too many others who would either, it is nothing to do with the values but everything to do with the absolute shite condition-or as a 7 times former member of this forum used to say "It's arse wiped" Laughing Laughing Wave

To see 19,900++ original items relating to Newton Heath & Manchester Utd 1878-2023 then visit www.flickr.com/photos/manchesterunitedman1/sets to see entire uploads.

1000's more images to be uploaded, to view the latest uploads go to www.flickr.com/photos/manchesterunitedman1/

Click any images 21 MILLION views to date to the Flickr site since 2007 growing every day. New Uploads weekly. Thank You to one & all for visiting!
AndyBRFC

PostPosted: Fri Jan 15, 2021 11:18 am 
Post subject:

HendonHotshots wrote:
It would be nice (reassuring!!) to maybe have collectors post their “worst” condition programme whether because it is several years old, fills a gap in a collection, waiting for a better or just simply because it has sentimental value.

I've got a pre-WW2 Blackburn home programme that has certainly seen better days but at the price they generally go for, it was better than nothing - judge for yourself here https://flic.kr/p/2kmQS5U Read It
New Forest

PostPosted: Fri Jan 15, 2021 12:36 pm 
Post subject:

I was going to say that if you wanted that programme, in that condition and at that price then that is your decision. I for one have no problems with a 'pre-loved' programme. I draw the line at missing covers.

My big problem are sellers (not dealers) who advertise programmes for three times, or more, than their real value. Either they are ignorant of this or are hoping to rip someone off.

There was a programme offered recently with an on-line auction house. I know and they must have known it was over estimated at £100, realistically offers for around £30. They were clearly being driven by the seller. I think they should have advised their client that the price offered was unrealistic. Unsurprisingly it did not sell.
manchesterunitedman1

PostPosted: Fri Jan 15, 2021 4:06 pm 
Post subject:

AndyBRFC wrote:
HendonHotshots wrote:
It would be nice (reassuring!!) to maybe have collectors post their “worst” condition programme whether because it is several years old, fills a gap in a collection, waiting for a better or just simply because it has sentimental value.

I've got a pre-WW2 Blackburn home programme that has certainly seen better days but at the price they generally go for, it was better than nothing - judge for yourself here https://flic.kr/p/2kmQS5U Read It

fabulous item! well acceptable for the age and could be repaired as well to put back the paper missing, but i would leave it as it. Very Rare item too! Wave

manchesterunitedman1

PostPosted: Fri Jan 15, 2021 6:16 pm 
Post subject:

Tynie Topics wrote:
"Match worn" - I've only ever seen that used to describe shirts

Laughing

colchestersid

PostPosted: Fri Jan 15, 2021 6:53 pm 
Post subject:

This sold at Sporting Gold today for £75 - not sure how much it would have fetched if complete?

https://www.the-saleroom.com/en-gb/auction-catalogues/sportingold-limited/catalogue-id-srspor10065/lot-3e160669-9e08-4f97-b9e9-aca700a45b36

Last edited by colchestersid on Fri Jan 15, 2021 7:19 pm; edited 1 time in total
manchesterunitedman1

PostPosted: Fri Jan 15, 2021 7:10 pm 
Post subject:

colchestersid wrote:
https://www.the-saleroom.com/en-gb/auction-catalogues/sportingold-limited/catalogue-id-srspor10065/lot-3e160669-9e08-4f97-b9e9-aca700a45b36

This sold at Sporting Gold today for £75 - not sure how much it would have fetched if complete?

thats going to be 90 quid and still better lavatory paper and value than the 1960's Mu shite.

If that was an MU programme in that condition then i would think someone would be bidding a considerable amount more than £75, if it had been a United item COMPLETE then £2000++ if the Arsenal item had been complete £700-1000??? unless West Ham collectors were prepared to go toe to toe, I am not an expert but Arsenal PW homes in the mid to late 1930's £50-60 MU same period £350-450 only Arsenal White sheets seem to get big money if v MU and a few other clubs who are especially well collected it appears but i stand to be corrected.

I accept Arsenal White Sheets complete would say if v MU hit anything between £1200-1800 early 1920's as that is where they have been hitting when they have turned up which is quite seldom.

There are other collectors out there who would know better than i who keep records and chart prices especially re MU. Wave

| More
Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    The Football Programme Forum Index -> Anything Goes Chit Chat All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: