Football Programmes Centre

Lovely BBC article on doing the 92 in the 1980s
AlbumAlbum   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   My Wants ListMy Wants List   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
Lovely BBC article on doing the 92 in the 1980s

Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Football Programme Forum Index -> Anything Goes Chit Chat
View previous topic :: View next topic  
colchestersid

PostPosted: Thu May 04, 2023 12:45 pm 
Post subject: Lovely BBC article on doing the 92 in the 1980s

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/extra/DqkhZA6FP7/around-the-92-in-the-1980s

Really nice article and some great pictures - wish I'd had the same foresight at the time
Pete’s Picture Palace
Forum Moderator

PostPosted: Thu May 04, 2023 12:52 pm 
Post subject:

Yes, Sid, I read that on the bus this morning, a lovely article indeed. Though he didn't actually see games at all 92 (or 94) grounds. Total respect for his dad. Well worth a nostalgic read.
Read It
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website My Wants List
ndg1860

PostPosted: Thu May 04, 2023 2:18 pm 
Post subject:

Pete’s Picture Palace wrote:
Yes, Sid, I read that on the bus this morning, a lovely article indeed. Though he didn't actually see games at all 92 (or 94) grounds. Total respect for his dad. Well worth a nostalgic read.
Read It

Enjoyable read, However,I think (hope) it was more his memory that meant a number of clubs were missed out. Also, the restrictions of the amount of text he would be allowed, perhaps. But yes, certain clubs were missing in the list... QPR for example.

Given the state of football these days with TV ruining it and everything being so special, getting to go on the grounds at all is just a dream. I actually did something slightly similar, back in '93 when I visited a number of minor league baseball grounds around the US and there I could venture on to the grounds. Some like with football are no longer around especially those built at the turn of the last century. Not sure you can still do that these days.
Flaming Pie

PostPosted: Thu May 04, 2023 2:46 pm 
Post subject: Lovely BBC article on doing the 92 in the 1980s

Nice article. Was good to read about Bryan Hamilton taking them into the club shop at lpswich Town and telling them to pick out any souvenirs they wanted. He then proceeded to pay for them out of his own pocket. A true gent!
derby1884
Forum Moderator

PostPosted: Thu May 11, 2023 11:41 pm 
Post subject:

I did all 92 between 1980 and 1983.
Very glad I did too - never occurred to me that so many would be for the chop in the not too distant future.
Took photos too.
| More
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Football Programme Forum Index -> Anything Goes Chit Chat All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: