Football Programmes Centre

Managed Payments - Ebay
AlbumAlbum   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   My Wants ListMy Wants List   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
Managed Payments - Ebay

Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Football Programme Forum Index -> Shirt Collecting/Other Football Memorabilia
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Baltimore

PostPosted: Tue Jan 26, 2021 10:07 pm 
Post subject: Managed Payments - Ebay

Dear All,

As I understand it, eBay appear to be phasing out PayPal for sales , and requiring vendors to link direct to their bank accounts.

The eBay community Boards have a deluge of disgruntled clients threatening to leave in droves.

Have you received something like this. Have I got it right?

Ian
roughyedz

PostPosted: Wed Jan 27, 2021 2:42 am 
Post subject:

You have to sort your payment method out YET AGAIN , i only found out by accident when my Paypal balance never went down , and after looking at my on line banking, that they had taken the last 12 payments or so on E Bay out of my bank account , when you decide to pay and make a payment for something you have won, double check and make sure that the selected payment method is "Out of Palpal balance" and NOT just out of Paypal and even if you got a few hundred in your Paypal account it does come out via Paypal but they take it out of your BANK and NOT your Paypal balance, just yet another way of getting more money out of everyone
lancs collector

PostPosted: Wed Jan 27, 2021 10:46 am 
Post subject: managed payments

They've been taking payments like that for years. It's nothing new. You have to tick which account you want the payment debiting from at checkout.
martino

PostPosted: Wed Jan 27, 2021 12:24 pm 
Post subject:

I think this has been covered in an earlier thread.

I have been on managed payments for a few weeks and it works OK. All of this was advised to users before they went onto the new system. I have not read the E Bay forums as I cannot see what all the fuss is about.

The single E Bay "fee" seems to work out a tad less than paying both E Bay and Pay Pal. E Bay send a credit for sales to my Bank account once a week but you can have it sent more often if you wish.

If I do not have enough in the E Bay pot for any purchases then they direct debit my Bank account.

You can track it all through your E Bay account and select:

Account / Payment / Payment Options.

Simples.
Baltimore

PostPosted: Wed Jan 27, 2021 3:02 pm 
Post subject:

Thank you all for your feedback.Very helpful.

Cheers,
| More
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Football Programme Forum Index -> Shirt Collecting/Other Football Memorabilia All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: