Football Programmes Centre

Help for someone returning to the hobby
AlbumAlbum   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   My Wants ListMy Wants List   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
Help for someone returning to the hobby

Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Football Programme Forum Index -> Welcome
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Jonesy

PostPosted: Wed Dec 30, 2020 9:29 pm 
Post subject: Help for someone returning to the hobby

Hi everyone, I am getting back into the hobby after 30 years away. I collect Liverpool homes and aways, cup finals and England homes but stopped in about 1990 as wine, women and song got in the way. When I left, Sports Programmes, Dick Rattray and Peter Holtom's catalogues were among the go-to places.
My question is how do people add to their collections these day? I see online dealers (some old familiar names still around) but the world of auctions and ebay are new to me. The whole things seems more like the wild west now than a self-regulating community. Any help on what to do and, most importantly, what to avoid would be appreciated.
SeasideMark

PostPosted: Wed Dec 30, 2020 9:55 pm 
Post subject: coming back

You've started in the right place Jonesy!Tthere are some amazingly friendly and knowledgeable people on here who can offer help and advice should it be needed. No matter what you collect or want, someone on here nearly always points you in the right direction. It's also a great buying and selling platform and if you are looking for something in particular it's always worth a post on this forum. Welcome and enjoy the ride! Cheers, Mark Thumbs Up
Jonesy

PostPosted: Wed Dec 30, 2020 10:09 pm 
Post subject:

Thanks Mark, looking forward to it. Have already been impressed by the knowledge and camaraderie on show in the forum.
beaudog

PostPosted: Thu Dec 31, 2020 2:39 pm 
Post subject: HELP FOR SOMEONE RETURNING TO THE HOBBY

I have been selling programmes for a number of years and now I am reducing the amount of stock I carry. I have a few hundred Liverpool programmes 70s to 90s mainly with some 60s and some into this century. If you are after a bulk collection 10-200 then I can post these to you. Message me if interested. STOKE ON TRENT area
| More
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Football Programme Forum Index -> Welcome All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: