Football Programmes Centre

Games in London early March?
AlbumAlbum   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   My Wants ListMy Wants List   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
Games in London early March?

Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Football Programme Forum Index -> Anything Goes Chit Chat
View previous topic :: View next topic  
redhel

PostPosted: Sun Jan 15, 2023 7:53 pm 
Post subject: Games in London early March?

Evening.

I'm in London from Finland with my son 9-13th March. We will attend the QPR v Watford game on the Saturday but we are looking for any other games to get to. Does anyone know of any games below the PL and as far down the pyramid as you care to go, being played on Thursday 9.3, Friday 10.3 or Sunday 12.3? My lad just wants to watch football and it doesn't really matter which level. I understand the EFL can still make changes to 11.3 games yet so maybe something will change there? Any help on football in or around London we can watch would be appreciated.

Peter
colchestersid

PostPosted: Sun Jan 15, 2023 9:19 pm 
Post subject:

Hi Peter

West Ham V Aston Villa will be switched to Sunday 12th March as we're in the UEFA Conference League the week before (so we might even be at home on Thursday 9th March as well)

For any non league games around that time you could look at this website the week before you travel. This week for example would have given you a Friday game at VCD Athletic v Corinthian in the Isthmian League

https://www.nonleaguematters.co.uk/global/fixtures/
redhel

PostPosted: Tue Jan 17, 2023 7:41 pm 
Post subject:

Thanks very much for that information.

The non league website seems to be exactly what I'm looking for so I will check that out the week before we are over.

West Ham at home in the Conference League would have been great on the Thursday but investigating further, it seems they play the 2nd leg at home which is the 16th.

Brilliant, thanks again
Peter
Pete’s Picture Palace
Forum Moderator

PostPosted: Tue Jan 17, 2023 8:26 pm 
Post subject:

I checked the London teams in the EFL, plus Bromley, Dorking Wanderers, Wealdstone, Dulwich Hamlet, Carshalton Athletic - and either they are all only playing on Sat 11th, or they are away - or both!

Hyva luck mate.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website My Wants List
pastpirate
Forum Moderator

PostPosted: Wed Jan 18, 2023 12:31 am 
Post subject:

Here is an email i received from a member who can't seem to log in at the moment.

p.s. Jamie, can you post to the person who is asking about games in London to connect to The London Football Guide or tlfg.uk which has a very comprehensive list of all games in London, including maps to show where these matches are. It is run by the guy who has organised the Non League Day.

www.bristolroversmemorabilia.weebly.com The definitive list of Bristol Rovers programmes
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website MSN Messenger My Wants List
colchestersid

PostPosted: Wed Jan 18, 2023 8:34 am 
Post subject:

redhel

PostPosted: Thu Jan 19, 2023 8:47 pm 
Post subject:

Thanks very much gentlemen for your replies!

Really appreciate your efforts. That tlfg.uk site looks fantastic and should at least give me a definite answer one way or another if there are any games going on when we are over.

Love the bit of Finnish there Pete Smile
giorgio

PostPosted: Fri Jan 27, 2023 4:41 pm 
Post subject:

Charlton are at home on the 11th. They are doing free tickets for residents if you email them. They might give you a couple of freebies seeing as you're coming from Finland, if you're lucky.
giorgio

PostPosted: Fri Jan 27, 2023 5:17 pm 
Post subject:

Welling United are also home on the 11th. They play in the National League South, not too far from Charlton.
redhel

PostPosted: Sun Jan 29, 2023 9:31 pm 
Post subject:

Thanks Giorgio for that.

QPR on the 11th was our 1st choice but we will consider all the games before making our final choice. My lad fancies the Welling game tbh but let's see Smile

Peter
| More
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Football Programme Forum Index -> Anything Goes Chit Chat All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: