Football Programmes Centre

LIVERPOOL FC PROGRAMMES : The Definitive Collector’s Guide
AlbumAlbum   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   My Wants ListMy Wants List   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
LIVERPOOL FC PROGRAMMES : The Definitive Collector’s Guide
Goto page Previous  1, 2

Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Football Programme Forum Index -> Football Programmes For Sale at Fixed Prices
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Jim LFC

PostPosted: Tue Dec 28, 2021 2:40 pm 
Post subject:

Finally got my copy on Christmas day and with the size and weight of the book Santa needed a very big sack. Just as well he only comes once a year! Get My Coat

Seriously though, a magnificent effort from Andy who has dedicated a large chunk of his life to this charitable project. He's also increased most collector's wants lists with hitherto unknown items. Thumbs Up

So definitely an un-put-downable book, if you can lift it up in the first place! Very Happy
BGRed

PostPosted: Wed Dec 29, 2021 12:42 pm 
Post subject:

Thank you to everyone for your kind words. With the book just released I have been inundated with orders and receiving incredible feedback, so it is taking me a while to reply to everyone.

For those forum members that have not seen the book I've included a few images below to give a look and feel as to how the book is laid out. Do NOTE that these are computer generated and not actual photos of the book as the physical book is a lot thicker. It has 984 pages, 6,500+ images and weighs nearly 5kg. The spine is 63mm to give you an idea.

If anyone is interested in purchasing the book it is priced at £95 plus £10 shipping. It is available to order direct from myself or from your local bookshop using the ISBN: 9781739996000. Two bookshops in Liverpool - Pritchards Bookshop in Crosby and Waterstones in Liverpool One have stock, but please note if you are travelling to either of these phone to reserve in advance as they have sold out a few times already.

I hope to have some of the online sellers on board in due course, but I'm finding this is not as easy as it may seem.

Please note I am not making a single penny out of this venture - all the profits are being donated to the Liverpool FC charity, the LFC Foundation.

Ransome

PostPosted: Sat Feb 05, 2022 10:38 am 
Post subject:

Hi newbie here, just to let people know that this book is available (5th Feb) on Amazon on Andy's page at £95 plus £10 pp. Just ordered mine. I'm sure it will be superb.
BGRed

PostPosted: Sun Feb 06, 2022 5:32 pm 
Post subject:

Many thanks for ordering. Courier is picking up your parcel, along with many others, tomorrow morning.

The website for the book is now live should any of the forum members wish to see more detail on the book:

https://lfcprogman.com/

All profits from the book are being donated to Liverpool FC's charity, the LFC Foundation.
PeterE

PostPosted: Mon Feb 07, 2022 12:49 pm 
Post subject:

I can attest to the utter brilliance of Andy Marsden's book.

I'm not a Liverpool collector, but can say without a doubt this book will never be bettered. This book is my inspiration to publish a series of guides to Aberdeen FC programmes through the decades. The first of these (1980s homes) will be going to print in the next few weeks.

I know that there are collectors of other clubs who are now working on similar projects - it will be great to see them all!
IAB

PostPosted: Wed Feb 09, 2022 12:33 pm 
Post subject:

I ordered this book today and whilst not a Liverpool collector I am really looking forward to reading this. Also ordered the Aberdeen guide as I like to support anything that helps promote and develop programme collecting and potentially help with a project I’m working on for Hibs programmes (which disgracefully are no longer being produced).
BGRed

PostPosted: Wed Feb 09, 2022 3:48 pm 
Post subject:

Many thanks for your order - I'm just packing it now. Courier booked for the morning to pick up.
Tynie Topics

PostPosted: Wed Feb 09, 2022 5:55 pm 
Post subject:

IAB wrote:
I ordered this book today and whilst not a Liverpool collector I am really looking forward to reading this. Also ordered the Aberdeen guide as I like to support anything that helps promote and develop programme collecting and potentially help with a project I’m working on for Hibs programmes (which disgracefully are no longer being produced).

Updated Hibs guide in the making?
pastpirate
Forum Moderator

PostPosted: Fri Feb 11, 2022 6:58 pm 
Post subject:

This book is absolutely brilliant. It's the first thing coloured red that has got into my house in many years.

www.bristolroversmemorabilia.weebly.com The definitive list of Bristol Rovers programmes
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website MSN Messenger My Wants List
MINSTERMAN

PostPosted: Fri Feb 11, 2022 8:24 pm 
Post subject:

It’s been some time since I posted, but I needed to back up all the comments on here about Andy’s book. Whatever your club affiliations, this is an epic piece of work and an absolute joy to behold. Quite magnificent, in fact, an epic history of seven decades of programmes.
I hope it inspires others to document their club’s programmes, but not to be put off by the grandness of this offering. Just as collections come in all shapes and sizes, books of any ambition will be a welcome addition to the hobby.
It is some book, mind!
IAB

PostPosted: Sat Feb 12, 2022 1:19 pm 
Post subject:

Tynie Topics wrote:
IAB wrote:

Updated Hibs guide in the making?

Yep, I’m working on this now but may take a bit of time to complete although initially my plan is to produce a basic guide going back to 1946. I do like the way the Aberdeen guide is being done in decades and I’m currently doing similar for the 70s starting with Turnbull’s Tornadoes and ending the decade in relegation!
Jim LFC

PostPosted: Sun May 08, 2022 10:18 am 
Post subject:

Heady days for the author.... Thumbs Up Very Happy

| More
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Football Programme Forum Index -> Football Programmes For Sale at Fixed Prices All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: