Football Programmes Centre

At what point do you realise you are wasting your rime
AlbumAlbum   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   My Wants ListMy Wants List   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
At what point do you realise you are wasting your rime

Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Football Programme Forum Index -> Your Football Programme Collection
View previous topic :: View next topic  
New Forest

PostPosted: Fri Nov 27, 2020 1:48 pm 
Post subject: At what point do you realise you are wasting your rime

In the good old days eBay made no charge for any listing under £1 and then a sliding scale at £5 etc. It stopped the same old programmes being listed day in, day out. Most over priced and clearly commonplace. Now eBay automatically relists anything that does not sell, they encourage you you reduce the price but some sellers just ignore this idea. So how long do you try and flog a dead horse?

There are two programmes Harwich & Parkston (spelt wrongly) v Leyton in the 1935 Essex Senior Cup final and replay - the lazy bugger has used the same photograph twice. The asking prices ate £100 and £120. These have been on for months. Thirty pounds each on a good day. Some people never learn. Only if eBay were to reintroduce charging for entries then perhaps it will not be littered with unsaleable programmes.
grantham

PostPosted: Fri Nov 27, 2020 3:01 pm 
Post subject:

A feature I would like on ebay would be to 'ignore listing' which would remove said item from search results and any subsequent relistings of said item. Perhaps with the option to review if the price is reduced

For people who 'collect' this would be a great feature and allow a 'got list' to be formed as well as ignoring over-priced listings

Sadly I can't see it ever being added though
colchestersid

PostPosted: Fri Nov 27, 2020 6:08 pm 
Post subject:

Alternatively shunt these off to the Buy it Now category

For West Ham (my team) you see the same overpriced programmes going round and round for months if not years - none of them will ever sell at the prices being asked so it's a pain having to trawl through all of these

At the moment 45 of the 50 highest priced West Ham are overpriced relists which have been up for auction repeatedly
Footyfan

PostPosted: Sat Nov 28, 2020 4:52 pm 
Post subject:

There is a Seller on EBay, known to this site, who have 209k items listed, the majority at £2,99 with Free post. the vast majority of these items are never, ever going to sell.
One way of avoiding trawling through the dross is to exclude a Seller from your search, this can be done by using the 'Advanced' option in Search and selecting the 'Sellers' and select the 'Exclude' option.
https://www.ebay.co.uk/sch/ebayadvsearch
Benno Spire

PostPosted: Sun Nov 29, 2020 11:50 am 
Post subject:

The one thing that annoys me is sellers who are clearly selling photocopies of teamsheets for £2.99. These are provided free at games. Someone is just photocopying a teamsheet and then if it sells, copy another. No issues if they want to do this but, if they put them at 50p they would sell.
Agree about lots of overpriced items and to click an ignore button would be great.
colchestersid

PostPosted: Sun Nov 29, 2020 12:04 pm 
Post subject:

Benno Spire wrote:
The one thing that annoys me is sellers who are clearly selling photocopies of teamsheets for £2.99. These are provided free at games. Someone is just photocopying a teamsheet and then if it sells, copy another. No issues if they want to do this but, if they put them at 50p they would sell.
Agree about lots of overpriced items and to click an ignore button would be great.

Most of those aren't even copies, just printed from pdf's the club provide for free

One seller lists West Ham U23 games at auction, sometimes gets up to £80 for these, absolutely crazy.
grantham

PostPosted: Sun Nov 29, 2020 2:21 pm 
Post subject:

Anyone else triggered by the typo in the subject, or is it just me Smile
cardiff55

PostPosted: Tue Dec 01, 2020 10:51 am 
Post subject:

Footyfan wrote:
There is a Seller on EBay, known to this site, who have 209k items listed, the majority at £2,99 with Free post. the vast majority of these items are never, ever going to sell.
One way of avoiding trawling through the dross is to exclude a Seller from your search, this can be done by using the 'Advanced' option in Search and selecting the 'Sellers' and select the 'Exclude' option.
https://www.ebay.co.uk/sch/ebayadvsearch

Just checked the Cardiff listings and there are c15000 programmes, down by 2200 when this seller is removed.

Another bugbear is the Best Offer. I saw a programme at £5.99 or Best Offer so offered £5, declined. So I offered £5.50, declined again. If I was selling that I'd rather have the £5.50 in my account than hang on for the extra 49p.
| More
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Football Programme Forum Index -> Your Football Programme Collection All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: