Football Programmes Centre

Brits abroad.....in Portland,USA
AlbumAlbum   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   My Wants ListMy Wants List   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
Brits abroad.....in Portland,USA

Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Football Programme Forum Index -> Anything Goes Chit Chat
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Baltimore

PostPosted: Fri Oct 16, 2020 6:49 pm 
Post subject: Brits abroad.....in Portland,USA

During these crazy times, I thought I would amuse you with an item picked up on One of my annual trips to the USA.

How many old timers do you recall, trying to extend their careers, or a bit of overtime in the close season?

Aston Villa are well represented.

Mid 1970s.

Over to you...

Ronsaunders

PostPosted: Sat Oct 17, 2020 10:30 am 
Post subject:

Tony Betts and Willie Anderson still live on the west coast. I'm an admin on a Facebook group when Betts is a member and he keeps in touch with Willie Anderson.
Jim LFC

PostPosted: Sat Oct 17, 2020 12:09 pm 
Post subject:

It's funny how you can remember the minutest details from your childhood but can barely recall who scored what and when from this year.

One of the players featured above was in a small part, pivotal in my team's history. Along with Lugg and the goalscorer Endean, Stewart Scullion were all inolved in the goal that led to a shock 1-0 defeat at Watford in 1970. Shortly after that Shankly dismantled the team and ultimately another new chapter in our successful history would unfold.

For a while I loathed the Watford trio and the goal that was regularly shown on the BBC at that time, but maybe now I should be showing my gratitude.... Smile
| More
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Football Programme Forum Index -> Anything Goes Chit Chat All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: