Football Programmes Centre

Auchinleckian
AlbumAlbum   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   My Wants ListMy Wants List   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
Auchinleckian
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Football Programme Forum Index -> Anything Goes Chit Chat
View previous topic :: View next topic  
manchesterunitedman1

PostPosted: Thu Oct 15, 2020 11:22 am 
Post subject:

pafcprogs wrote:
I am trying not to be over sentimental but we have lost two really good people....could they be remembered on the site by putting their names on the categories....Everything Scottish in Honour of John, Forthcoming fairs in honour of Gordon?

Just a thought....

Peter

Very Good Idea to rename 2 of the Categories in memory of our two lost members and friends.

Well Done Peter

Got my Vote Thumbs Up

Wave

To see 19,900++ original items relating to Newton Heath & Manchester Utd 1878-2023 then visit www.flickr.com/photos/manchesterunitedman1/sets to see entire uploads.

1000's more images to be uploaded, to view the latest uploads go to www.flickr.com/photos/manchesterunitedman1/

Click any images 21 MILLION views to date to the Flickr site since 2007 growing every day. New Uploads weekly. Thank You to one & all for visiting!
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website My Wants List
martino

PostPosted: Thu Oct 15, 2020 11:46 am 
Post subject:

pafcprogs wrote:
I am trying not to be over sentimental but we have lost two really good people....could they be remembered on the site by putting their names on the categories....Everything Scottish in Honour of John, Forthcoming fairs in honour of Gordon?

Just a thought....

Peter

Excellent suggestion and one that I would support.
Pete’s Picture Palace
Forum Moderator

PostPosted: Thu Oct 15, 2020 11:48 am 
Post subject:

pafcprogs wrote:

Just a thought....

Peter

Well done Peter, I was trying to think of something appropriate for John so that's a great idea. With you all the way.

Pete
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website My Wants List
kenners46

PostPosted: Thu Oct 15, 2020 12:01 pm 
Post subject:

Have been communicating and buying from John since 2013. Always had good quality items at good prices and always threw in some extras. Gave me good advise when i started doing the programme fairs in 2016.

RIP my friend
NWM Football

PostPosted: Thu Oct 15, 2020 2:07 pm 
Post subject:

The above suggestions are very fitting, would be appropriate to see these changes made in acknowledgement of these two gents.
Visit http://nwmfootball.com/ for programmes, books, DVDs, shirts & sportswear and other football collectables. Click here http://nwmfootball.com/nwm-diary/ to see which Programme Fairs and Antiques & Collectors' Fairs we will be attending.
silkman1

PostPosted: Thu Oct 15, 2020 2:35 pm 
Post subject:

So very, very sad. Not the news anyone wanted to hear. I have lost a friend and a proper footie fella.

Rest in eternal peace John. My sincere condolences to his family.

Arthur
Karb

PostPosted: Thu Oct 15, 2020 3:11 pm 
Post subject:

Sad news.

I never met, nor spoke to, John, but enjoyed reading his posts. Always entertaining and informative.

https://www.auchinlecktalbot.com/john-holroyd/
Fishy

PostPosted: Thu Oct 15, 2020 3:34 pm 
Post subject:

pafcprogs wrote:

Just a thought....

Peter

Totally agree Peter - a lovely gesture.
48/9 Newport.
49/0 Walsall; Exeter.
50/1 Port Vale.
51/2 Port Vale 1/5.
52/3 Swindon.
efcbluenose

PostPosted: Thu Oct 15, 2020 3:50 pm 
Post subject:

Top Man, Respected, Loved and always seeked out for a very well informed opinion on subjects that he was concerned with. I didn't have many dealings with him at fairs but always made a point of speaking to him and going over to him at fairs, as i do with certain other dealers. He just had that sort of aura of someone who was there to help and advise and really make it easy for you as a collector. Big Miss and a sad hole now in our collecting world and dealers. Gordon was wonderful John was superb. God don't go getting anymore ideas please. RIP John. Glad i knew you in just a small way. I'll also start now adopting his Wonderfully named Scottish team. Crying or Very sad
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail MSN Messenger My Wants List
Pete’s Picture Palace
Forum Moderator

PostPosted: Thu Oct 15, 2020 4:04 pm 
Post subject:

Maybe we, as a group, could sponsor Auchinleck Talbot in some way?

Last edited by Pete’s Picture Palace on Thu Oct 15, 2020 4:25 pm; edited 1 time in total
albion99

PostPosted: Thu Oct 15, 2020 4:23 pm 
Post subject: Auchinleckian

Lovely tribute to John on the football club site, a man held in extremely high esteem.

R.I.P.
JJPROGRAMMES

PostPosted: Thu Oct 15, 2020 4:35 pm 
Post subject:

Sad, sad news....
Remember John`s charitable work here on the forum raising money for Cancer Research....
It was especially close to me at the time....
Thanks John Thumbs Up
efcbluenose

PostPosted: Thu Oct 15, 2020 6:11 pm 
Post subject:

I'm open to us all as a forum doing something for his football club or doing something in his memory which would be a fitting tribute to him from the people who also shared a love of his hobby. I also think we should do something in Gordon's name at his club that he followed.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail MSN Messenger My Wants List
whosbrianwilson

PostPosted: Thu Oct 15, 2020 6:55 pm 
Post subject:

Pete’s Picture Palace wrote:
Maybe we, as a group, could sponsor Auchinleck Talbot in some way?

Unfortunately they have decided to withdraw from the West of Scotland league for this season.
Shame for John's legacy.
efcbluenose

PostPosted: Thu Oct 15, 2020 8:01 pm 
Post subject:

That shouldn't stop us atleast contacting them and telling them our thoughts on our old beloved friend the strengh of feelings for him in here from us. We could still do something and discuss with them after all having a chat in here what we should do then get intouch with them. I'm sure they'd want to hear from us on the subject and I'm also sure they'd be interested in putting some sort of a lasting tribute to John in practise also.
Pete’s Picture Palace
Forum Moderator

PostPosted: Thu Oct 15, 2020 8:03 pm 
Post subject:

I agree efcbluenose, we could make sure they know we are here and we won't forget. Drop me a PM if you'd like to discuss.
programme_seller

PostPosted: Thu Oct 15, 2020 9:10 pm 
Post subject:

Really upsetting news. My dealings with John were that he was a very fair person to deal with.

Another knowledgeable and respected collector/dealer that will be missed in the 'programme world'.

Rest In Peace
Selsafc

PostPosted: Fri Oct 16, 2020 6:59 am 
Post subject: Auchinleckian

Terrible news this. Sad

I had a couple of dealings with him recently and he was great to deal with.

Another taken far too soo.

Thoughts are with the family at this difficult time.
Tigerhawk

PostPosted: Fri Oct 16, 2020 12:35 pm 
Post subject:

RIP John,

Only had one dealing with him, dropped some programmes off to him on our way home from our Scottish holiday, insisted that me the wife and family come in for a cup tea.

Top bloke
se20blue

PostPosted: Fri Oct 16, 2020 1:08 pm 
Post subject:

From the football club website

You have football supporters and you have extraordinary football supporters and nobody could argue that John Holroyd was an extraordinary football supporter. His booming voice with the distinct English accent will now be forever lost to us, but in his passing he left a legacy at Beechwood Park due to his untiring fundraising through his wee programme shop that sat on the terrace of his beloved football ground.

He went on to raise well over £20,000 by selling merchandise and match programmes gifted to him by his fellow Talbot supporters, money that went to the new enclosure, the catering block and finally the floodlights. Sadly John never saw the floodlights shining upon “God’s Little Acre” but thanks to him he made it possible that we will.

John was our adopted Welshman; he was our friend as well as our fellow supporter. He will be forever missed, and will always be remembered. Goodbye “Big John” another of the Talbot family sadly taken from us.

From the club, the BRC and the Talbot support our hearts reach out to John’s family in these trying times. Our thoughts are with you all.
| More
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Football Programme Forum Index -> Anything Goes Chit Chat All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next
Page 7 of 8

Jump to: