Football Programmes Centre

ESCALATING COSTS AT AUCTION-ENTER EASY LIVE
AlbumAlbum   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   My Wants ListMy Wants List   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
ESCALATING COSTS AT AUCTION-ENTER EASY LIVE

Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Football Programme Forum Index -> Upcoming Sporting Auctions
View previous topic :: View next topic  
manchesterunitedman1

PostPosted: Fri Oct 02, 2020 5:50 pm 
Post subject: ESCALATING COSTS AT AUCTION-ENTER EASY LIVE

If it was not tuff enough having to pay high Auctioneers prices and then getting hammered for another 6 odd% on top via the Saleroom-it is a breath of some fresh air to see "Easy Live" come along with a better deal.

Lockdown and then locked out of any auctions meaning if you do not take a phone line then your having to pay up with the saleroom stiffing you for extra.

Easy Live is a new option- you can pay 3.5% on each lot or gamble and pay just £3 and if you win one lot it costs you £3 if you win 20 or more lots it costs you £3 plus 10p to register for that auction which the saleroom does anyway-yes 10p is nothing to complain about but buying a big item that may cost several hundred or thousands adds 6% on top of the hammer price fees.

In Fairness only Mullocks deserve to have credit given to them as they now only charge 3% and not the 6 via the Saleroom so well done John Mullock for using that shiny bonce, although i think after listening to him on the Podium for all these years, he would much prefer to be flogging sheep and cows! Laughing

Now then, moving on saw 1400 odd lots offered at Stacey's this week and apart from comments about lot one estimating around £200k+++ not a word has been said about the auction hardly?.

Masses of Manchester City and Sheffield United Pre-War homes all going for buttons until they are v Man United but there was an odd bargain or so if you looked carefully! Wink

So some of you lot must have had a go?, then again so many simply keep it all to themselves and deny their own name if asked-dont worry as when you joss it, it will be flogged off and someone else will show what they have got

Wave Laughing

Stay Safe most of you Laughing Wave

To see 19,900++ original items relating to Newton Heath & Manchester Utd 1878-2023 then visit www.flickr.com/photos/manchesterunitedman1/sets to see entire uploads.

1000's more images to be uploaded, to view the latest uploads go to www.flickr.com/photos/manchesterunitedman1/

Click any images 21 MILLION views to date to the Flickr site since 2007 growing every day. New Uploads weekly. Thank You to one & all for visiting!
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website My Wants List
Dorking

PostPosted: Fri Oct 02, 2020 7:19 pm 
Post subject:

I won the one item (1913 Crystal Palace yearbook) that I bid on at Stacey's.

There was a very decent selection of early Crystal Palace items, I 've never seen so many early yearbooks all sold at the same time, plus WW1 era Palace home programmes and other rare Palace stuff.

Several Palace collectors did quietly communicate with each other if only to make sure we were after different stuff, and even club historians were interested (if not bidding themselves).

For obvious reasons, people tend not to mention what is coming at auction in advance if they are interested themselves, just because of the desire to keep the competition (and therefore prices) down lol!

My personal opinion is that it was crazy to have so much super rare Palace treasure all in one auction - if I had £5k to spend, I could happily have bid for 20 items! Unfortunately I don't (!!), and so I went for something I had a good chance at winning! I thought the prices some stuff went for were very good - £280 (before the fees) for a 1916/17 Palace home programme in good condition was a steal in my opinion. If the items had been spread across several months worth of auctions I think things might have sold for a bit more, but collectors had to prioritise and spread themselves a bit more thinly!
colchestersid

PostPosted: Fri Oct 02, 2020 8:07 pm 
Post subject:

Being a West Ham collector the Stacey's auction is a big event, Dave always has a fantastic selection on offer for us - this time around there were programmes up which I had never seen offered before in 30 years and that is quite something. The 5 lots I was selling collectively fetched about 30% more than my higher expectation and I was able to pick up 3 of the 8 post was reserves I still needed (but sadly missed out on another 2 to (I assume) a certain Chelsea collector). Also got a wartime programme I never even knew existed

Overall very happy and just sorry it was behind closed doors - it is normally well attended, very sociable & free tea and sandwiches all day is a nice touch
Pete’s Picture Palace
Forum Moderator

PostPosted: Fri Oct 02, 2020 8:44 pm 
Post subject:

There was so much Palace stuff it was ridiculous. You can only spread yourself so far.

But what that meant was that people had more chance of picking something up and the major collectors wouldn't want everything.

Hence I won 2 pre-war programmes (last game 24/5 season, our last at that level till 1964, plus a 36/7 friendly) for a combined total of just under £200 which I reckon 10+ years ago would have been nearer £300.

And I won 1 (one) photo lot out of the 14 lots I bid on.

This was all by commission bidding, not the best method I accept, but the only way that's open to me in my present domestic circumstances.

And Dave Alexander was his usual very helpful and accommodating self.

No complaints at all from me, though I do tend to agreed with Dorking on the sheer volume of CPFC material.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website My Wants List
matt blue

PostPosted: Fri Oct 02, 2020 10:23 pm 
Post subject:

I managed to get 3 late 30s palace v cardiff for a very good price.

Few other bits also.

Take a look at my work in progress !!
martino

PostPosted: Sat Oct 03, 2020 10:08 am 
Post subject:

I got three Huddersfield and missed out on another three by a long way!
grantham

PostPosted: Sat Oct 03, 2020 1:09 pm 
Post subject:

Won the only item I bdi on, 45/46 Mansfield Town v Grantham FA Cup
Paid for it on Friday so should hopefully be here early next week Smile
Basford United

PostPosted: Sat Oct 03, 2020 6:01 pm 
Post subject:

Won the 1949 FA Amateur Cup Semi Final Replay at the Boleyn: Romford v Crook Colliery Welfare
Now after the 1st game at Sunderland!!
grantham

PostPosted: Mon Oct 05, 2020 12:32 pm 
Post subject:

My auction purchase has arrived Smile

Match details @ www.thefootballarchives.com

Legend64

PostPosted: Tue Oct 06, 2020 9:03 am 
Post subject:

You learn something new every day ...... never new FA Cup matches were two-legged ?

Just a query on auctions, never bid on one but seen something that I am interested in coming up soon. Whats the best way to attack it,

Enter a max -bid or just bid on the day.

there are 5 other people watching the same item and God knows how many are lurking in the background like me. Smile

Estimate 25-30 pound.
martino

PostPosted: Tue Oct 06, 2020 10:47 am 
Post subject:

Auction estimates are generally low to attract interest.

What are you prepared to pay for the item? Fix that price and stick to it.

Do not get carried away in any bidding frenzy or you may end up with buyer remorse. If someone wants to pay more then that is up to them.

Do not forget commission payable on the hammer price. You will pay 25% to 30% on top of the hammer price. Also P&P charges will be around £10.
grantham

PostPosted: Tue Oct 06, 2020 4:01 pm 
Post subject:

Legend64 wrote:
You learn something new every day ...... never new FA Cup matches were two-legged ?

I beleive it may have been for one season only, as the Football League hadn't formally restarted and clubs played in war-time leagues which were cut down versions of the normal thing

Strange seeing sides lose and progress into the next round
andyjess

PostPosted: Tue Oct 06, 2020 4:50 pm 
Post subject:

Correct me if I'm wrong, but didn't Darlington play in Round 3 having been knocked out in Round 2, about 15-20 years ago. Can't remember why, something to do with Man Utd pulling out, maybe.
Pete’s Picture Palace
Forum Moderator

PostPosted: Tue Oct 06, 2020 4:59 pm 
Post subject:

andyjess wrote:
Correct me if I'm wrong, but didn't Darlington play in Round 3 having been knocked out in Round 2, about 15-20 years ago. Can't remember why, something to do with Man Utd pulling out, maybe.

Exactly that and the FA Cup has been downgraded ever since. Manchester United were allowed to go away and take part in a World Club competition, leaving the FA Cup a team short in the 3rd round, and Darlo were drawn out of a hat as the lucky-loser from round 2 - this was 1999/2000.

Another brilliant decision by the FA Clap
manchesterunitedman1

PostPosted: Wed Oct 07, 2020 12:30 pm 
Post subject:

Pete’s Picture Palace wrote:
andyjess wrote:

Exactly that and the FA Cup has been downgraded ever since. Manchester United were allowed to go away and take part in a World Club competition, leaving the FA Cup a team short in the 3rd round, and Darlo were drawn out of a hat as the lucky-loser from round 2 - this was 1999/2000.

Another brilliant decision by the FA Clap

Yes it was Pete, they put pressure on MU to go and play in that nonsense Tournament, but saying that in those days Clubs never considered putting out weakened sides, whereas today it is all the rage. United COULD have sent out a second string good enough to take on any of the 2nd/3rd/4th Division sides and put up a good fight against half of the Premier League clubs, in the end they got pilloried for going to Brasil or where ever it was yet the FA were draconian in they demanded United HAD to go, weak United board simply gave in-nowt knew there! Wave

To see 19,900++ original items relating to Newton Heath & Manchester Utd 1878-2023 then visit www.flickr.com/photos/manchesterunitedman1/sets to see entire uploads.

1000's more images to be uploaded, to view the latest uploads go to www.flickr.com/photos/manchesterunitedman1/

Click any images 21 MILLION views to date to the Flickr site since 2007 growing every day. New Uploads weekly. Thank You to one & all for visiting!
fcht1962

PostPosted: Wed Oct 07, 2020 3:32 pm 
Post subject:

United's first team can't compete with most of premiership and half of championship now...... Very Happy
| More
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Football Programme Forum Index -> Upcoming Sporting Auctions All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: