Football Programmes Centre

?Reprint
AlbumAlbum   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   My Wants ListMy Wants List   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
?Reprint

Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Football Programme Forum Index -> Queries About Football Programmes
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Enniskillendoc

PostPosted: Tue Nov 07, 2023 2:28 pm 
Post subject: ?Reprint

I found a copy of a rare programme in a bubble I bought. 1966 Fairs Cup Final. Barcelona v Zaragosa. It seems in. Very good condition. I haven't seen any discussion about this being reprinted. Obviously it's a very rare expensive programme. I've put a few pictures on line. I'd appreciate the collective advice of the group.

1980Cossie

PostPosted: Fri Nov 10, 2023 9:58 pm 
Post subject:

It was reprinted by a seller in Hong Kong a few years ago on eBay. I don’t know the size of the reprint but it was fairly obvious it was not original.

I have an original at Graham Budds auctions currently which could be going in to the next auction in December, the original should measure 21.1cm x 21.1cm and have one central staple, the outer covers are slightly glossier than the internal pages from memory also,

Hope this helps,
Enniskillendoc

PostPosted: Fri Nov 10, 2023 11:49 pm 
Post subject:

Thanks. I have come to the conclusion that mine is a reprint. It is exactly the same size(21.1x21.1cm) .The internal pages are definitely too glossy. I have a copy a of a Barcelona programme from earlier that season. I can see the difference you mention between the glossy outside cover and duller inside pages. It also has two staples where the original only has one like you state.
| More
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Football Programme Forum Index -> Queries About Football Programmes All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: