Football Programmes Centre

Johnny Dick Playing for Tottenham Hotspur
AlbumAlbum   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   My Wants ListMy Wants List   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
Johnny Dick Playing for Tottenham Hotspur

Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Football Programme Forum Index -> Anything Goes Chit Chat
View previous topic :: View next topic  
halsteadiron

PostPosted: Fri Jun 26, 2020 9:20 am 
Post subject: Johnny Dick Playing for Tottenham Hotspur

I have seen a couple of articles which state that Johnny Dick (West Ham, Brentford & Scotland) played 13 games for Tottenham Hotspur (probably the 'A' or 'B' team) during the 1951-52 & 1952-53 seasons in their Mid-Week League team
Does anyone have details of any of these matches please?
James

PostPosted: Sat Jun 27, 2020 8:11 pm 
Post subject:

I've just had a look at the Tottenham Handbooks for 51/52 - 53/54, as it lists the players who played in the games the previous season (Number of appearances for each team), it does show that a J. Dick made three appearances for Spurs during the 51/52 season.

51/52 - J Dick
metropolitan League B team - 1 appearance
Midweek League - 2 appearances

Doesn't show what games these were though, although I can see that a Dick scored two goals for Spurs against Arsenal in a Midweek League game on 23/April at Arsenal - There were no other Spurs players listed as having Dick in their surname at the time (they did have a L Dicker)

He was not mentioned on the list of players who appeared in any of the Spurs teams in 52/53 or 50/51
halsteadiron

PostPosted: Sat Jun 27, 2020 8:46 pm 
Post subject:

That's excellent, thank you very much
I am now wondering whether the two articles that I have read are correct with 13 matches, although one may have copied the other! (one dates from the 1950s and one from 1998). I am sure that the Spurs handbook would not get their statistics wrong
halsteadiron

PostPosted: Sat Jul 04, 2020 10:30 am 
Post subject:

I have found details of three matches that he played in
10 Apr 1952 Spurs v Portsmouth - London Mid-Week League (won 2-0)
23 Apr 1952 Arsenal v Spurs - London Mid-Week League (won 2-0, it confirms that Johnny Dick scored both goals)
28 Apr 1952 Spurs v Headington Utd - Metropolitan & District League (won 1-0)

Would programmes exist for these games? If so, would anyone be kind enough to let me have a scan or copies of them please
| More
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Football Programme Forum Index -> Anything Goes Chit Chat All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: