Football Programmes Centre

Eamonn Fitzmaurice.
AlbumAlbum   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   My Wants ListMy Wants List   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
Eamonn Fitzmaurice.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Football Programme Forum Index -> Anything Goes Chit Chat
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Thedoog10

PostPosted: Sun Jun 07, 2020 4:06 pm 
Post subject: Eamonn Fitzmaurice.

Just a heads up re Eamonn Fitzmaurice restoration site, received back from him a programme this week that I had restored and to say I am pleased with it is an understatement did not have any high hopes of him being able to do anything with it..... But it has come back as good has when it left the printer a truly amazing job done.
So what I am saying and you are a fusst so and so like me and every prog you have must be in mint condition do not hesitate to send to him.. You will not be disappointed.
germs

PostPosted: Sun Jun 07, 2020 6:39 pm 
Post subject:

I sent a number of tickets to Eamonn they were spoilt by sticky tape and writing and like the Doog did not hold out much hope of them being bettered. What a transformation they returned almost as good as new a first class job was done. Clap Clap
grantham

PostPosted: Sun Jun 07, 2020 8:18 pm 
Post subject:

Not a criticism, more curiosity, but it would be useful if someone posted some before and after pics of said items. Always wondered what sort of work gets done
manchesterunitedman1

PostPosted: Tue Jun 09, 2020 5:36 pm 
Post subject:

grantham wrote:
Not a criticism, more curiosity, but it would be useful if someone posted some before and after pics of said items. Always wondered what sort of work gets done

I HAVE TO SAY HE DOES NOT WORK HARD ENOUGH PUTTING HIS BEFORE AND AFTER WORK ON HIS WEBSITE AS MOST OF THE FOOTBALL ITEMS WERE DONE UP TO 30 YEARS AGO I BET.

Anyway, this is something he rescued for me in the early 1990's when he lived in Bradford before he moved to Lincoln.

I bought what was left of this Newspaper for the headline paying a £1, I paid Eamonn £70 to have it restored which was an awful amount but it needed a lot of time and effort spent on it and the results are there to see.

It still hangs on a wall with me-an iconic headline for any United fan.

I have used Eamonn over the years for small inexpensive items and also for the odd expensive item too and he has never disappointed.

Wave

To see 19,900++ original items relating to Newton Heath & Manchester Utd 1878-2023 then visit www.flickr.com/photos/manchesterunitedman1/sets to see entire uploads.

1000's more images to be uploaded, to view the latest uploads go to www.flickr.com/photos/manchesterunitedman1/

Click any images 21 MILLION views to date to the Flickr site since 2007 growing every day. New Uploads weekly. Thank You to one & all for visiting!
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website My Wants List
Tynie Topics

PostPosted: Thu Sep 02, 2021 10:24 am 
Post subject:

I understand Eammon is not keeping well and isn't taking on any work at the moment. I also believe the gentleman who used to do restoration for Sportingold is no longer doing it either and his advert has been removed from their catalogues.

Are there any other restoration options out there?
manchesterunitedman1

PostPosted: Sat Sep 04, 2021 11:28 am 
Post subject: Eamonn Fitzmaurice

I guess not Tynie, there was someone else but i do not have the details but if they had any acumen then they would be advertising in PM or on Forums like this so perhaps its just down to Eammon?.

Hopefully it is nothing too serious and that he can recover and continue with his work.

To see 19,900++ original items relating to Newton Heath & Manchester Utd 1878-2023 then visit www.flickr.com/photos/manchesterunitedman1/sets to see entire uploads.

1000's more images to be uploaded, to view the latest uploads go to www.flickr.com/photos/manchesterunitedman1/

Click any images 21 MILLION views to date to the Flickr site since 2007 growing every day. New Uploads weekly. Thank You to one & all for visiting!
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website My Wants List
Super Hoopy

PostPosted: Sat Sep 04, 2021 3:04 pm 
Post subject:

I'm wondering if searching on Google for antique book or antique paper restorers may yield anybody who would be able to tackle the restoration of a football programme.
After all its not a huge jump skillset wise from a book to a programme...
Thedoog10

PostPosted: Sat Sep 04, 2021 5:16 pm 
Post subject:

Has had one of my progs for several weeks now ,it is usually a very quick turn around ...I do hope he is ok .
Cantona93

PostPosted: Sun Sep 05, 2021 9:19 am 
Post subject: Restoration

I can recommend Richard Reeve Restoration in Wakefield.

He mainly works on antique books but has helped me out with a couple of programmes over the years.
| More
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Football Programme Forum Index -> Anything Goes Chit Chat All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: