Football Programmes Centre

Programmes for Behind Closed Doors Matches
AlbumAlbum   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   My Wants ListMy Wants List   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
Programmes for Behind Closed Doors Matches
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Football Programme Forum Index -> Queries About Football Programmes
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Rocky

PostPosted: Wed Jul 15, 2020 6:12 pm 
Post subject:

I wonder how clubs media departments feel when they take the time & effort to produce a free downloadable programme & then see their work being sold for circa £8 possibly without any of that money coming back to the club? Consequently I can’t see clubs producing free downloadable programmes in the future just to fill other people’s pockets. Surely they’ll start charging or not bother at all?

On the other hand I can see and understand the commercial opportunity for those people producing these printed programmes from a free download. Do they need permission from the club to print?

https://www.flickr.com/photos/187311548@N07/albums

https://www.flickr.com/photos/117760314@N07/albums
M60FP

PostPosted: Wed Jul 15, 2020 6:28 pm 
Post subject:

Rocky wrote:
I wonder how clubs media departments feel when they take the time & effort to produce a free downloadable programme & then see their work being sold for circa £8 possibly without any of that money coming back to the club? Consequently I can’t see clubs producing free downloadable programmes in the future just to fill other people’s pockets. Surely they’ll start charging or not bother at all?

On the other hand I can see and understand the commercial opportunity for those people producing these printed programmes from a free download. Do they need permission from the club to print?

Just so you know I’m making zero £££ out of these programmes, maybe is the clubs could be arsed printing them then people like me wouldn’t do it, I’m simply doing it to help keep people collections going,
Dorking

PostPosted: Wed Jul 15, 2020 7:01 pm 
Post subject:

Not sure about the 'sold for circa £8' claim, I've never seen them sold for that much.

Palace to their credit produced printed programmes throughout this period, but always do a digital version too, and Palace don't give free access to the digital version - you either buy a digital programme subscription, a gold membership (which includes a digital programme subscription), or buy a digital copy individually

I'm not interested in digital programmes, I want printed. I love to turn the pages, hold it, and read it at the game. And then carefully keep it, for future reference.

Todays digital programmes will be like the Betamax/VHS video tapes in years to come as technology moves on. I can read 100 year old programmes, and hopefully some of todays printed programmes wil survive another 100 years. Wil a USB memory stick with todays digital programme on it be compatible with anything in 20 years time?

Where is the satisfaction in having 37 out of 38 programmes for a season and putting in a note saying 'official printed edition not issued'?

I think media departments would be delighted to see that people appreciate what they produce, to the extent that they want to keep a permanent copy of it.

Barnet media dept know full well that hard copies are produced, and are okay with it.

I think a few collectors are stuck in a dilemma, a bit like they are with modern reprints of historic programmes, and don't want to collect these printed issues, but then don't want others to be able to have them either.
Rocky

PostPosted: Wed Jul 15, 2020 7:39 pm 
Post subject:

Dorking wrote:
Not sure about the 'sold for circa £8' claim, I've never seen them sold for that much.

19 sold at £7.99 for the fixture v QPR as per the link and 10 v Swansea at the same price. I think my 'claim' is verified.

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Middlesbrough-v-QPR-Professionally-Printed-Match-Programme-5th-July-2020/203039823567?hash=item2f461dd6cf:g:kWMAAOSwMylfARNq

https://www.flickr.com/photos/187311548@N07/albums

https://www.flickr.com/photos/117760314@N07/albums
Dorking

PostPosted: Wed Jul 15, 2020 7:53 pm 
Post subject:

Fair enough and apologies - didn't know another company (other than M60)were selling 'professionally printed' (ie from digital only) programmes, and at that price. I'd only seen them at £4.99 or less.

If I supported Stevenage, Barnet or Salford City I'd certainly be a subscriber to the printed editions.

Would I occasionally pay £7.99 for one of these? Almost certainly to be honest. It's a bit like when an away ticket occasionally costs a bit over the odds, but are you really going to miss out on principle for the sake of a few extra £
STEEL_CITY_SMOGGY

PostPosted: Thu Jul 16, 2020 11:24 am 
Post subject:

No programme for Reading it seems

Interested in any boro teamsheets or tickets home/away any comp from 1995-present.
nutfield priory

PostPosted: Thu Jul 16, 2020 5:44 pm 
Post subject:

Dorking wrote:
Received my Leicester v Palace professionally printed programme from M60 today.

Super impressed again, top quality print job, made to 'programme size' quality paper etc, and arrived carefully packed in the right size board backed envelope.

Cannot fault it, M60 deserve every success with this relatively new avenue of business.

Received my Leicester City v Crystal Palace programme this morning and totally endorse Dorking's comments on the programme and packaging. Also thanks to Dorking for putting me in the right direction in getting this item
MINSTERMAN

PostPosted: Thu Jul 16, 2020 10:34 pm 
Post subject: York City play off programmes

Just to say that York City are doing a programme for the NLN PO semi against the winners of Altrincham v Chester, being played this weekend, and also for the final if we win through as we will have home advantage again

The semi is on the 25th, and the final the following weekend.

These could be City's final competitive matches at Bootham Crescent although I sincerely hope not. So, may be of interest to first /last collectors

Order via this link
https://ycfcstore.co.uk/collections/playoffs

You can also have the team sheet emailed to you for 50p extra for the semi.

A good effort by everyone at the club, when some of the FAPL big boys have decided not to print.
farmersboy

PostPosted: Sat Jul 18, 2020 6:57 am 
Post subject:

Was there an e-programme for the Oxford v Pompey play-off game? and if so where can I get a printed copy?
NorthBanksy

PostPosted: Sat Jul 18, 2020 1:32 pm 
Post subject:

Wolves have now added link for their Europa tie with Olympiacos for pre-order:

https://www.wolves.co.uk/news/club/20200717-olympiacos-programme-available-to-pre-order/
Dorking

PostPosted: Sun Jul 19, 2020 7:47 pm 
Post subject:

Following Dorking's win today the play off SEMI final WEYMOUTH v DORKING WANDERERS

can be pre- ordered online here

http://www.wfcsa.co.uk/shop/in.....er=product
Dorking

PostPosted: Sun Jul 19, 2020 7:47 pm 
Post subject:

. Confused
sellsell39

PostPosted: Mon Jul 20, 2020 5:59 pm 
Post subject:

Can i ask what attendance figures are these programmes showing for the resumption Premier League & Championship matches.

0,000 I presume ?
colchestersid

PostPosted: Mon Jul 20, 2020 6:30 pm 
Post subject:

West Ham's just shows a dash "-"
NorthBanksy

PostPosted: Mon Jul 20, 2020 6:55 pm 
Post subject:

Arsenal's attendance should still show 40,000+ No sign of what they're doing about refunding the BCD games. I know they are talking about credit against 2020/21 season ticket but who knows when that will be sorted.
As attendance is actually tickets sold, these are technically still bought and paid for.
Dorking

PostPosted: Mon Jul 20, 2020 7:53 pm 
Post subject:

Palace haven't actually paid out any refunds either (although they have taken refund application requests). Doesn't surprise me to be honest.
HendonHotshots

PostPosted: Tue Jul 21, 2020 5:07 pm 
Post subject:

Ordered a couple of Norwich BCD programmes so now on their mailing list and they emailed me to say they are processing ticket refunds

Also on the topic of refunds I received one from Watford FC today who have said their BCD programme v man city has been recalled...not sure why but the previous programmes did have a regular "Nigel's notes" feature for Nigel Pearson which given recent events....?
martino

PostPosted: Wed Jul 22, 2020 8:14 am 
Post subject:

Fishy wrote:
I've just been told by the Supporters Liaison Officer that Millwall are producing programmes for all their remaining home fixtures.

I am interested in any of our away matches if they are producing. So, if anyone has any news regarding print runs and availability for Millwall AWAY at Barnsley; Charlton; Hull and QPR, please let me know.

Hi Fishy, I have sent you a PM. Thanks Martin
NWM Football

PostPosted: Wed Jul 22, 2020 11:17 am 
Post subject:

It seems that their successful attempts at making themselves look ridiculous in footballing matters have been matched off the pitch....

Having produced issues for their other four home games, Watford pulled the Manchester City programme during production (no doubt down to the Pearson fiasco) and therefore did NOT publish for yesterday's game.
Visit http://nwmfootball.com/ for programmes, books, DVDs, shirts & sportswear and other football collectables. Click here http://nwmfootball.com/nwm-diary/ to see which Programme Fairs and Antiques & Collectors' Fairs we will be attending.
STEEL_CITY_SMOGGY

PostPosted: Wed Jul 29, 2020 7:53 pm 
Post subject:

Are Stoke City doing programmes does anyone know, need the boro BCD programme

Interested in any boro teamsheets or tickets home/away any comp from 1995-present.
| More
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Football Programme Forum Index -> Queries About Football Programmes All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14  Next
Page 10 of 14

Jump to: