Football Programmes Centre

Another newbie.
AlbumAlbum   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   My Wants ListMy Wants List   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
Another newbie.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Football Programme Forum Index -> Welcome
View previous topic :: View next topic  
m1st

Location: Spiritual home: Ewood Park; temporal home: Heywood.

PostPosted: Sat Jun 06, 2020 12:55 pm 
Post subject: Another newbie.

Apologies if this reads too much like a speech made by someone at Football Programme Collectors Anonymous! I've just been introduced to this site by one of my pals who, like me, is a Blackburn Rovers fan.

I've been collecting since the 1960s and my collection mainly consists of my beloved BRFC; although, because my parents were what we might call 'economic migrants' these days - like many others my Dad found work difficult to come by in the 1930s - I was born in Blackpool, so have quite a few of their programmes from the 1960s.

Until recently, my collection of programmes has lived in cardboard boxes but one of the tasks that lockdown's helping me do is transfer them to ring binders - blue ones, obviously! Once I've done that - don't hold your breaths! Very Happy - I'll be in a better position to start looking to fill the gaps.

Over the years, I've become a collector of sporting programmes generally so have a number from other sports.
Pete’s Picture Palace
Forum Moderator

PostPosted: Sat Jun 06, 2020 1:18 pm 
Post subject:

Welcome to the site and keep us posted on your collection as it is re-housed, who knows what else you might find tucked inside somewhere.

Are you looking to add to it? Or diversify perhaps?

Good luck
Pete
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website My Wants List
m1st

Location: Spiritual home: Ewood Park; temporal home: Heywood.

PostPosted: Sat Jun 06, 2020 1:30 pm 
Post subject:

Thanks.

Don't hold your breath, though; I can see more urgent jobs going on the back burner while I explore this site and, slowly slowly, re-house my collection.
mdjw_41

PostPosted: Sat Jun 06, 2020 1:57 pm 
Post subject:

Welcome to the forum m1st
Thedoog10

PostPosted: Sat Jun 06, 2020 4:02 pm 
Post subject:

I am always looking for Blackburn Rovers match reports, press cuttings and scrapbooks covering the 59-61 season if you do have any to move on.
| More
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Football Programme Forum Index -> Welcome All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: