Football Programmes Centre

1964-65 Stockport v Bristol Rovers FA Cup 3-R
AlbumAlbum   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   My Wants ListMy Wants List   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
1964-65 Stockport v Bristol Rovers FA Cup 3-R

Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Football Programme Forum Index -> Anything Goes Chit Chat
View previous topic :: View next topic  
GARY5256

PostPosted: Sun Jun 23, 2019 1:09 pm 
Post subject: 1964-65 Stockport v Bristol Rovers FA Cup 3-R

Yesterday I bought a 64-65 full-season collection of Stockport programmes on Ebay for £30.

I already had all the programmes except the FA Cup replay. This was a Monday night replay after the Saturday draw. It is a single typed team sheet. The seller thought this was all that was issued for the game and issued to the press only.

Does anyone know if there was an actual programme issued ?
badhand

PostPosted: Sun Jun 23, 2019 3:46 pm 
Post subject: Re: 1964-65 Stockport v Bristol Rovers FA Cup 3-R

GARY5256 wrote:
Yesterday I bought a 64-65 full-season collection of Stockport programmes on Ebay for £30.

I already had all the programmes except the FA Cup replay. This was a Monday night replay after the Saturday draw. It is a single typed team sheet. The seller thought this was all that was issued for the game and issued to the press only.

Does anyone know if there was an actual programme issued ?

I believe that the single sheet is the only programme. It is pictured half way down the away column on pastpirate's website.

http://bristolroversmemorabilia.weebly.com/1964-1965-5455.html

The replay was just two days after the first game, hence (I assume) not enough time to produce a full programme?

In the meantime, the draw for the 4th round had been made, and the winner would play Liverpool. Consequently the gate for the replay was much larger than originally expected, nearly 20,000. As you know, the single sheet is quite difficult to find partly due to poor paper quality and (again, I assume) low print run (compared to the attendance).

I've not heard about the press only part before.
GARY5256

PostPosted: Sun Jun 23, 2019 4:59 pm 
Post subject:

Thank you very much, that is really helpful.

I took a punt on £30 for the full season including that programme. I've never seen it before.

I wondered why the crowd was so large. I think the draw was on a Monday lunchtime then.
stockpie

PostPosted: Wed Apr 01, 2020 5:47 pm 
Post subject:

Was at the game as a kid yes crowd was 20k last gasp winner by Sandiford

Still argued by many older fans as the greatest game ever played at EP...it was simply pulsating. Rovers were runaway leaders of Div 3 and County propped up entire football league, no progs just teamsheets as aMonday night, original Sat match at Eastville 0-0

Stockport drew at Liverpool next round 51k at Anfield and another replay in front of 24k at EP
| More
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Football Programme Forum Index -> Anything Goes Chit Chat All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: