Football Programmes Centre

Chelsea V Sheffield 23/4/1955 Programme
AlbumAlbum   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   My Wants ListMy Wants List   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
Chelsea V Sheffield 23/4/1955 Programme

Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Football Programme Forum Index -> Your Football Programme Collection
View previous topic :: View next topic  
johnboyjohnste

PostPosted: Sat Mar 28, 2020 1:23 pm 
Post subject: Chelsea V Sheffield 23/4/1955 Programme

Hi All this my first post My name is John and am a retired Church Caretaker from Pinner in Middlesex with a small collection of programmes that I inherited some time ago
I am selling some on ebay now and I have a question please that I am sure one of the members could help with
I have a Chelsea v Sheffield Wednesday 23/4 1955 Division 1 last home game of Chelsea's winning season Quite simply how many pages in the programme please as I have seen some with 22 pages and one from Ireland with 16 pages my one only has 16 do you know if it is genuine or a copy if it is a genuine then it is in excellent condition staples are even clean !!
Any help would be appreciated
John
(johnboyjohnste)
cfcmartin1965

PostPosted: Sat Mar 28, 2020 5:56 pm 
Post subject:

Hi John,
The original should have 16 pages. There is a reproduction which was part of a memorabilia pack issued in 2005. This only had 12 pages.
All 1st team home programmes had 16 pages from that season and also very unusual to have rust free staples as well.
Regards
Martin
gatfb

PostPosted: Sat Mar 28, 2020 7:09 pm 
Post subject:

Martin, I can confirm is spot on. The 2005 reproduction apart from less pages is also of a deeper shiny blue. I've put a link to one that is obviously a reproduction. Next to the team page should be a page saying men of Sheffield Wednesday with photos of Wednesday players and not as shown in the reproduction League tables. the staples are a dead give away as well.

They were selling well a few years back but only go for a few quid now.

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/1954-55-DIV-1-CHELSEA-v-SHEFFIELD-WEDNESDAY/143179747654?hash=item21562d9146:g:vpEAAOSwM6VchpR5
johnboyjohnste

PostPosted: Sun Mar 29, 2020 7:40 pm 
Post subject: Chelsea V Sheffield 23/4/1955 Programme

Hi Guys
Thanks for your quick and very helpful response
Unfortunately I was wrong with my page count it only has 12 pages and no photo of the Wednesday Team opposite so it is without doubt the reproduction copy
Thanks again for yor help
Regards
John
| More
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Football Programme Forum Index -> Your Football Programme Collection All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: