Football Programmes Centre

The Forum’s Old & New in 2020. Quite a long read.
AlbumAlbum   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   My Wants ListMy Wants List   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
The Forum’s Old & New in 2020. Quite a long read.
Goto page Previous  1, 2

Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Football Programme Forum Index -> Anything Goes Chit Chat
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Dorking

PostPosted: Sat Feb 15, 2020 1:20 pm 
Post subject:

I think you just need to be a bit thicker skinned, have a sense of humour and not take things so personally

I have a wide collecting interest (although for a football programme forum, programmes are quite low down the list!)

I particularly like the match badges sold outside grounds, which are unofficial (fake if you like) and largely worthless. I also really like 70's/80's merchandise, the tackier and more garish and 'dated' the better

I also really enjoy collecting a narrow range of 'Soccerstarz' and 'Corinthian' figures

If people want to say its a load of old tat and that its a pocket money collection, I don't mind, I can joke back that they like collecting programmes for postponed games that never happened, or that they are being taken for mugs buying two different versions of a programme just because a club did two different cover versions to exploit their obsession!

As collectors we are all different - there are rich ones, frugal ones, some that only collect very rare and old things that will hold their value, and those who buy modern stuff which we know isn't worth the cost of the strong storage box we keep it in!

Some go out their way to help others, some are acerbic, and some are a mixture of the two.

There's always the other forum if people want a Ray free zone, but I think he offers a lot, and a lot of his tetchy comments make me laugh anyway

Last edited by Dorking on Sat Feb 15, 2020 8:24 pm; edited 1 time in total
RoddyN

PostPosted: Sat Feb 15, 2020 2:09 pm 
Post subject:

Here here Dorking. The man has far more to offer than most so let us enjoy what he has to say and be so over sensitive. Most of you really do not know what a good guy he is. # Bring him back
goonerboy

PostPosted: Sat Feb 15, 2020 11:58 pm 
Post subject:

Dorking wrote:
I think you just need to be a bit thicker skinned, have a sense of humour and not take things so personally

I think the days of victims of bullying/abusive behaviour being told to take it on the chin/man up etc are long gone. Maybe the message should be that Mr Adler should focus on being the "great guy" that he allegedly is and leave behind the boorish behaviour. Healthy debate and difference of opinion are part and parcel of life and especially sport so lets engage in that without resorting to nastiness.
Posh1959

PostPosted: Sun Feb 16, 2020 11:39 am 
Post subject:

From what I have seen Ray’s behaviour has been in response to negative attitude towards him. I believe he is the one who was originally bullied and not respected by a certain few. He hated it when new people came on to the forum and asked for valuations on quality items. The same people every time quickly sent pms to the newbie trying to get a bargain and scam them. That is NOT what this forum or collecting is about. That is the reason Ray was disliked.

Best solution I can think of is, all of the Ray dislikers move to the new forum. Bring back Ray to this forum and everyone is content.
Dorking

PostPosted: Sun Feb 16, 2020 2:17 pm 
Post subject:

Agree. Snowflakes who don't like it when Ray bites back can clear off as far as I'm concerned.
pastpirate
Forum Moderator

PostPosted: Sun Feb 16, 2020 10:03 pm 
Post subject:

Can we please leave this alone now everyone. I have explained why Ray has been banned. 7 TIMES. If you think he is an ok bloke then maybe you are the lucky ones. The thought that he has been bullied is a joke. Over many years and many usernames he has ridiculed/bullied people both on the forum and via PM. Loads of members contacted me to report his antics and lots of new members were so upset they never came back. If you like him then feel free to talk to him any way you want but accept this. There is NO WAY he will EVER be coming back here. (For long at least). Let's face it. To get banned once you have to say something silly. Twice. Maybe you are the stupid one. BANNED 7 TIMES. Then there must be something VERY wrong with you.

Thank You. Jamie.

www.bristolroversmemorabilia.weebly.com The definitive list of Bristol Rovers programmes
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website MSN Messenger My Wants List
whosbrianwilson

PostPosted: Sun Feb 16, 2020 11:55 pm 
Post subject:

Hear hear!!
giorgio

PostPosted: Mon Feb 17, 2020 7:00 am 
Post subject:

Can someone please post a link to the other forum. Thanks.
pastpirate
Forum Moderator

PostPosted: Mon Feb 17, 2020 10:23 am 
Post subject:

http://footballmemorabilia.boards.net/

www.bristolroversmemorabilia.weebly.com The definitive list of Bristol Rovers programmes
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website MSN Messenger My Wants List
Bokbag

PostPosted: Tue Feb 18, 2020 12:02 am 
Post subject:

Interesting that people are being “snowflakes” and should “take it on the chin” whereas clearly he was unable to stand what was said to him and became offended... But it’s ok for him to do it? Surprised think if your a good guy you should have learned after being banned once in my opinion. For what it’s worth anyway. Didn’t realise our niche hobby caused so much angst Very Happy
giorgio

PostPosted: Tue Feb 18, 2020 6:11 am 
Post subject:

pastpirate wrote:
http://footballmemorabilia.boards.net/

Thank you.
martino

PostPosted: Wed Feb 19, 2020 12:46 pm 
Post subject:

Bokbag wrote:
Interesting that people are being “snowflakes” and should “take it on the chin” whereas clearly he was unable to stand what was said to him and became offended... But it’s ok for him to do it? Surprised think if your a good guy you should have learned after being banned once in my opinion. For what it’s worth anyway. Didn’t realise our niche hobby caused so much angst Very Happy

Bring back Woodstock; peace and love.

Wink
| More
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Football Programme Forum Index -> Anything Goes Chit Chat All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: