Football Programmes Centre

New forum
AlbumAlbum   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   My Wants ListMy Wants List   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
New forum
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Football Programme Forum Index -> Other Sports
View previous topic :: View next topic  
beaudog

PostPosted: Wed Dec 25, 2019 11:32 pm 
Post subject: New forum

How do we log into new forum please?
pastpirate
Forum Moderator

PostPosted: Wed Dec 25, 2019 11:47 pm 
Post subject:

You can find it here. http://footballmemorabilia.boards.net/

Cheers, Jamie.

www.bristolroversmemorabilia.weebly.com The definitive list of Bristol Rovers programmes
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website MSN Messenger My Wants List
Tynie Topics

PostPosted: Wed Jan 01, 2020 11:47 pm 
Post subject:

Just a bump to remind everyone that the new forum is well underway and nearly 300 members.
roughyedz

PostPosted: Sat Jan 04, 2020 12:34 am 
Post subject:

registered but apart from Female Mud Wrestling what am i looking for ???
Tynie Topics

PostPosted: Tue Jan 07, 2020 12:24 am 
Post subject:

roughyedz wrote:
registered but apart from Female Mud Wrestling what am i looking for ???

Well, once you have found the mud wrestling, is there really any need to look for anything else?
Tynie Topics

PostPosted: Sat Jan 11, 2020 2:25 pm 
Post subject:

Upto 312 members now and plenty of chat Thumbs Up
Vova12

PostPosted: Sun Jan 12, 2020 8:31 am 
Post subject:

Guys, sorry, I rarely go here. but what is bad about this forum? Yes, sometimes there are problems with access, but in general, everything suits me here.
Dorking

PostPosted: Sun Jan 12, 2020 9:48 pm 
Post subject:

To be honest maybe I'm slow to adapt to new things but I prefer this forum

Occasionally it's slow or even impossible to upload a picture, but there are so few new PL match badges that I haven't already posted on here, that it's not making much difference to me really.

And I'm enjoying seeing the rare Man United stuff too. Never considered really old newspaper excepts as a collectible, but it's very interesting to see such items alongside rare tickets, itineries, photos etc.

Such a big world of collecting outside of just programmes
RoddyN

PostPosted: Sun Jan 12, 2020 10:14 pm 
Post subject:

I went over to a forum member's house today and he showed me the new forum. From my very infrequent perspective this one is preferable. The new one does not seem to have any interesting topics where as there is usually an angle here. You are right Vova12 my friend.
se20blue

PostPosted: Mon Jan 13, 2020 1:38 pm 
Post subject:

No one likes change,but in this case you cannot use the adage" if it's not broken don't change it"
RoddyN

PostPosted: Mon Jan 13, 2020 7:38 pm 
Post subject:

I am not afraid of change but if the change is a poor one there is no point.
Rocky

PostPosted: Mon Jan 13, 2020 8:52 pm 
Post subject:

I have recently posted on both forums on the same topic, Tottenham v Middlesbrough Postponed 81/82.

As I write, my post has received 145 views on this forum whilst only attracting 39 views on the new forum even though it has been on there 24 hours longer. I’m not sure, but maybe a ‘guest’ viewing the post adds to the total views on this forum, whilst on the new forum only members can view posts?

Nevertheless it would appear that this forum is still popular, with many people still casually viewing as a guest and new members still registering. Of course, on the downside this forum does suffer from the service been temporarily unavailable at times and posts are down.

The question arises, what is happening with this forum? Is there room for two forums? Surely this one can’t just disappear with all the historical references within it.

BTW Ray, you are doing a cracking job showcasing your collection on here whilst other members are doing an equally good job on the new forum.

https://www.flickr.com/photos/187311548@N07/albums

https://www.flickr.com/photos/117760314@N07/albums
RoddyN

PostPosted: Mon Jan 13, 2020 10:11 pm 
Post subject:

Another one for your collection Rocky. Middlesbrough v Chelsea 1907/08
You should be happy (as others were) as Middlesbrough won 3-1
RoddyN

PostPosted: Mon Jan 13, 2020 10:17 pm 
Post subject:

The cover Rocky
beaudog

PostPosted: Mon Jan 13, 2020 10:38 pm 

I certainly prefer this forum. Still lots of interest.
RIKERBCFC

PostPosted: Mon Jan 13, 2020 10:43 pm 
Post subject:

I Agree with David I still look at the old forum as it now appears more stable , I also look at the new forum just to keep up. Also if I post anything I do it mostly on both forums to make sure everybody sees it. But I still find the old forum easier to use.
Dorking

PostPosted: Mon Jan 13, 2020 11:06 pm 
Post subject:

On this forum I really appreciate the Recent Posts column, along the right hand side - it is very extensive!

I tend to visit this forum a couple of times a day - first thing in the morning over breakfast, and in the evening on the sofa. I read most of the active threads that have posts on them, even if I don't post all that much.

I know we should all join in with contributions about our own collections, but occasionally there is an absolute joy of a thread which really takes off where everyone has an opinion or something to say on a subject! The 'recent posts' column on the right hand side really takes off on those occasions!

Anyway, looks like this forum isn't going anywhere which can only be a good thing.
Rocky

PostPosted: Mon Jan 13, 2020 11:09 pm 
Post subject:

bluejames wrote:
Just for you Rocky i offer the following Middlesbrough v Manchester United programmes pre World war 1

I look on in awe. Many thanks for posting Ray. Thumbs Up

RoddyN wrote:

Another one for your collection Rocky. Middlesbrough v Chelsea 1907/08

Cheers Roddy. I wasn't aware of this ones existence Thumbs Up

https://www.flickr.com/photos/187311548@N07/albums

https://www.flickr.com/photos/117760314@N07/albums
TheSorter!

PostPosted: Tue Jan 14, 2020 12:00 am 

I much prefer this site to the new one. Surely this one can be updated without changing the look of it too much? Sad
Tynie Topics

PostPosted: Tue Jan 14, 2020 12:00 pm 
Post subject:

OK just to set the record straight on a few things.

- Part Pirate (Jamie) has emailed and messaged Craig (forum owner) on several occasions over the last few months with no response. He is unable to contact him.
- Craig no longer is interested in football programmes as far as we can ascertain, and therefore has little or no interest in the forum or website.
- Past Pirate cannot moderate the forum effectively as some functions no longer work, and he obviously cannot carry out the functions of an administrator (that’s Craig)
- We can’t archive the forum for posterity, that would be something Craig would need to do.
- The forum is effectively a runaway train, at some point it will hit the buffers.

With that in mind, when the forum next has a problem that may be it gone for good. I don’t think Past Pirate has any wish to spend more time on trying to resolve problems, which chances are he can’t fix anyway, or continue to chase Craig. There continues to be problems for some with trying to log-in, me included.

With that in mind, I set-up a new basic forum a couple of years ago which has been dormant until November (when this place was having serious problems). Past Pirate and myself decided it would be best to activate it and encourage people to move over in order to provide a secure place for people to continue what they do here. The new forum isn’t a “rival”.

The new forum is free to set-up and use, therefore unless we pay to upgrade it in order to access more functions then it is what it is. Basic, but still very usable and it mirrors as close as we can to this place (for info, there is a section on the new forum for advertising upcoming Fairs and always had been). This forum is bespoke and was designed by Craig and presumably costs money to run. Any new forum will not replicate this place without money and someone who knows what they’re doing as far as forums/website design is concerned.

So that’s where we are, if Jamie wants to add anything I’m sure he will although he rarely visits these days. I expect this forum will continue as is until it falls over and then it will be gone, nobody knows if that will be next week or next year.

If anyone has experience with using Pro Boards, and has the knowledge to help design the new forum better and add functions within the context of it being a free version, please feel free to contact us.

Hopefully people now better understand the situation. We could have done nothing, and been left with nothing at some point in the future.

See you over on the new place.
| More
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Football Programme Forum Index -> Other Sports All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next
Page 1 of 3

Jump to: