Football Programmes Centre

Dundalk, season by season
AlbumAlbum   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   My Wants ListMy Wants List   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
Dundalk, season by season

Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Football Programme Forum Index -> Your Football Programme Collection
View previous topic :: View next topic  
seand

PostPosted: Mon Nov 18, 2019 11:29 am 
Post subject: Dundalk, season by season

Inspired by pastpirate and Leslie sharing here's a collection of programme covers from Dundalk home games covering most of the last 60-70 seasons

https://www.flickr.com/photos/54078441@N03/albums/72157630018726883
Jim LFC

PostPosted: Mon Nov 18, 2019 3:22 pm 
Post subject:

Hi

I notice a gap between 67/68 and 69/70. Did Dundalk not print for these seasons apart from the odd big game below?!

seand

PostPosted: Mon Nov 18, 2019 4:44 pm 
Post subject:

Hi Jim,
Some gaps in this album may be due to my sporadic and haphazard scanning habits! 😉
Dundalk did issue for most league and cup game at time (I believe) but for whatever reason the late 60s/early 70s are hard to find. The latter half of the 50s are easier to come by. I have about a thousand home programmes from the 50s to date, but barely two dozen covering the early 60s until 76-7. There’s always warm interest on eBay whenever something from the era comes up.
It’s not really clear to me why programmes from this era are so hard to find. Dundalk were successful for much of the 60s, but the early 70s were a struggle and attendances would have been low.
Some other clubs including the big/successful ones had periods of several seasons where they didn’t publish programmes at all (there’s a good thread in the Irish section), but Dundalk don’t seem to have had such a period since the 30s.

I need our resident Irish expert to weigh in here, gspain to thread please!
LindsayH

PostPosted: Mon Nov 18, 2019 5:53 pm 
Post subject: Dundalk, season by season

HI
Here's the home programme v Rangers in 1968, looks like the same format as the Liverpool one posted by Jim.
(unashamed request coming up! Does anyone have a spare ticket from this match or the from the 1st leg at Ibrox that I can buy? Failing which scans would be great) Sorry!
cheers
Lindsay
| More
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Football Programme Forum Index -> Your Football Programme Collection All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: