Football Programmes Centre

Peter Downsborough RIP
AlbumAlbum   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   My Wants ListMy Wants List   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
Peter Downsborough RIP

Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Football Programme Forum Index -> Gone, but not forgotten
View previous topic :: View next topic  
RIKERBCFC

PostPosted: Mon Sep 30, 2019 6:41 pm 
Post subject: Peter Downsborough RIP

It has reported in the Bradford press that former goalkeeper Peter Downsborough has passed away. He played for Bradford City , Halifax Town and Swindon town.
Most Famously he was the Swindon Town Goalkeeper in the 1969 League Cup Final win over Arsenal.
stfc831968

PostPosted: Mon Sep 30, 2019 8:00 pm 
Post subject:

I heard this sad news about an hour ago.

Bob Wilson said the second half of the League Cup final was Arsenal v Downsborough; he played an absolute blinder that day.

A legend at Halifax; Swindon and Bradford, and appeared very unasumming. It was nice to see him at the 50th celebrations at Swindon in March.

Bradford are playing Swindon this Saturday so i'm sure there will be something done to remember/celebrate him.

RIP Peter
Pete’s Picture Palace
Forum Moderator

PostPosted: Tue Oct 01, 2019 12:24 pm 
Post subject:

Remember him well from the famous Swindon league cup run. Another top English keeper from that golden era.

Here he is with Jim Barron and a load of Oxford fans after United beat Swindon in the league cup in 1969, must have been the season after their muddy final heroics. It was Oxford's first-ever victory over Swindon.

RIP Peter
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website My Wants List
| More
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Football Programme Forum Index -> Gone, but not forgotten All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: