Football Programmes Centre

Bury FC - Any news ?
AlbumAlbum   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   My Wants ListMy Wants List   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
Bury FC - Any news ?

Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Football Programme Forum Index -> Anything Goes Chit Chat
View previous topic :: View next topic  
sellsell39

PostPosted: Fri Aug 23, 2019 5:56 pm 
Post subject: Bury FC - Any news ?

Any further news on the plight of Bury FC.

Today is the deadline day and it could cease to exist after 23:59 tonight.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/49446745
https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/49434347
se20blue

PostPosted: Fri Aug 23, 2019 10:22 pm 
Post subject:

Texas Rangers

PostPosted: Sat Aug 24, 2019 7:27 am 
Post subject:

pompeypete
Forum Moderator

PostPosted: Sat Aug 24, 2019 12:22 pm 
Post subject:

Fit & Proper test............Mmmm

Flickr pages in the process of closing......

Happy to forward any info on Pompey...
pompeypete
Forum Moderator

PostPosted: Tue Aug 27, 2019 8:36 am 
Post subject:

"D" day for both Bolton & Bury today.......

Who,s to blame ?

The clubs themselves, football league or even the premier league

or SKY etc

So our thoughts & best wishes go out to the clubs & hope an answer can be found......

(been there, done that) !!!

Judge Judge

pafcprogs

PostPosted: Tue Aug 27, 2019 12:58 pm 
Post subject:

Twice wasn't it Smile

So here is my worry....as we have seen with Bolton the ne'er do wells who run these clubs into the ground are only in it for one thing...financial gain...so everything agreed ay Bolton and the Ken Anderson refuses to sign off...no doubt hoping that the sentiment and desire to save the club will result in him squeezing a little more cash out of the corpse of the club...

From everything i have read and heard about Steve Dale at Bury I fully anticipate a similar end game....the only saving grace being that if the club goes down he effectively gets nothing.

Their purchasers are intriguing. An online betting company, one director once joint coach at Barnet....but a deal well outside their expertise unless they are fronting for someone.

So my understanding is they would have to have shown proof of funds for the CVA ( about a couple of mill), the football debts in full..not sure although the PFA will no doubt wait on repayments so that helps cash flow for a while, plus they have the ground in hock to the tune of 3.7 million and the EFL want to see they can run the club for a minimum of two seasons....so anywhere between 4 and 8 million.

Now assuming they aren't doing it for larks and intend to make money that's a hell of a gamble, especially as few clubs make money consistently at that level, and virtually none who end up in the Championship do.

So if I am honest I don't get it.....but I hope they save the club and are honourable men.

All joking aside about Pompeys repeat offender status the administration process is horrible for fans and staff alike. I hope that recent events at least create an awareness of the value of clubs to their local community and as a result, we (football), take a look at how those funds that pour in at the top can be funnelled down the pyramid more equitably.

Equally I am not holding my breath.
Five and In

PostPosted: Tue Aug 27, 2019 2:00 pm 
Post subject: Bury FC - Any news ?

pafcprogs wrote:
I hope that recent events at least create an awareness of the value of clubs to their local community and as a result, we (football), take a look at how those funds that pour in at the top can be funnelled down the pyramid more equitably.

Fingers crossed today for the fans of both Bury and Bolton.

This may be a very naive comment, but hear me out.
Looking at the situation overall, and taking the emotion of fans out of the situation, I don't believe that any other club should be worried about another club being in financial trouble if they themselves are doing things properly and are solvent.
Why should they bail out clubs where the owners are little better than a "cowboy builder" trying to cream as much profit into his own pocket and not giving a damn about anybody else?

Equally, if the FA, EFL etc were to step in with funds to save ailing clubs, surely that would only encourage the cowboys to carry on in the same vein knowing they had a safety net.

Assuming the fit and proper tests remain a farce, I see only one possible solution.

Where football as a whole could help all clubs, is by tapping the only source of revenue that disappears out of the game completely - The millions of pounds that get pocketed by agents in transfer deals, often orchestrated by them to boost their bank accounts.

If some kind of levy was attached to every transfer and the money generated was then spread among the entire league, surely it would help the clubs that have to budget within tight restraints.
A boost of a couple of million could have avoided what Bury & Bolton are experiencing now, but wouldn't make a dent on the bottom line of the bank balance of Jorge Mendes and co.
pompeypete
Forum Moderator

PostPosted: Tue Aug 27, 2019 4:14 pm 
Post subject:

Good points five in one.......

But what gets up my nose is the £100m + each of the premiership teams get before a ball is kicked.

OK the lower leagues get a small amount but is it enough ??

After all the top clubs need teams like bolton, bury & even pompey for transfers.

£3-£4 million, might be a gamble for a player but if he makes into the first team could be a nice little earner.

Don,t get me started on loan players esp chelsea in the past.

They do it because they can.......

Only 1 hour to go ........!!!! tick tock.

Judge Judge Judge

Tynie Topics

PostPosted: Tue Aug 27, 2019 4:35 pm 
Post subject:

Deal collapses for Bury, looks like curtains for them.
slightfold

PostPosted: Tue Aug 27, 2019 6:51 pm 
Post subject:

Bury buried, Bolton bolting, it brings me to tears. All that money in the game sloshing around at the top, parachute payments for relegated clubs and zilch for the bottom. Seems like a metaphor for the UK in general.
New Forest

PostPosted: Tue Aug 27, 2019 8:34 pm 
Post subject:

I feel for the supporters of both Bury and Bolton. I am unaware of the exact circumstances of the plight of either club. Bury seem to be doomed. Bolton on the other hand only have themselves to blame. They were in the Premiership not so long ago. So what happened to their millions? In order to save themselves perhaps the should sell the LS Lowry painting, assuming they still have it.
I live in Aldershot, who suffered the same fate some years ago. I don't recall all the heart searching. They regrouped and started in the Isthmian League Division Three and managed by dint of hard work to get back into the Football League. So there is life still possible.
You see it more in the non-league where a chairman bankrolls his team and brings in high earners. When the money runs out there are bound to be tears. Other clubs who are more prudent plough the cash back into the club and facilities. Spurs are a prime example of 'How to do it'.
Pete’s Picture Palace
Forum Moderator

PostPosted: Tue Aug 27, 2019 9:47 pm 
Post subject:

Here's a bloke who played 258 league games for Bolton, and 60 league games for Bury. He once spent £2m of the PFA's money on a painting.

He earnt £2.29m in 2017. He is awash with money.

I hope he sleeps well tonight.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website My Wants List
Pete’s Picture Palace
Forum Moderator

PostPosted: Tue Aug 27, 2019 11:18 pm 
Post subject:

Bury gone.

Bolton reprieved.

RIP the Shakers but hope you get back like Newport, Aldershot etc.

Sad Mad
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website My Wants List
| More
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Football Programme Forum Index -> Anything Goes Chit Chat All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: