Football Programmes Centre

Tickets on mobile phones
AlbumAlbum   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   My Wants ListMy Wants List   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
Tickets on mobile phones

Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Football Programme Forum Index -> Ticket Collectors Section
View previous topic :: View next topic  
colchestersid

PostPosted: Thu Aug 15, 2019 6:51 pm 
Post subject: Tickets on mobile phones

This has been creeping in for a while now - after the Nations League Finals in Portugal in the summer, Wembley are going to trial mobile tickets for the next England home game "in advance of the UEFA Euro 2020 fixtures taking place at Wembley Stadium next summer"

Clear inference is that Euro 2020 is going to be largely ticketless with entry based on using the UEFA app

Although I don't go to England games any more this is a real pain as I still collect tickets - at one point used tickets from Portugal were fetching over £100 on ebay, prices have calmed down now but I can see the day coming when paper tickets are virtually a thing of the past
seand

PostPosted: Fri Aug 16, 2019 9:38 am 
Post subject:

Likewise I love the proper paper/cardboard tickets but it looks like their days are numbered. I have tickets for one Euro2020 game in Dublin, my confirmation email says they'll be 'distributed in May 2020', not sure if that means it'll be be an email.... hopefully physical tickets though!

I guess it makes sense in the modern age, frankly printing tickets is an unnecessary expense when it can all be automated, but I do like my tickets.
foxes1

PostPosted: Fri Aug 16, 2019 1:49 pm 
Post subject:

What happens if you haven't got a mobile phone.
programme_seller

PostPosted: Fri Aug 16, 2019 5:24 pm 
Post subject:

foxes1 wrote:
What happens if you haven't got a mobile phone.

During the Nations League Finals in Portugal I managed to get paper tickets after saying that I didn't have a smartphone.

Saved me a small fortune buying used tickets on eBay afterwards too.
garyspain

PostPosted: Sat Aug 17, 2019 12:48 pm 
Post subject:

Really annoying while I appreciate there is no longer the need for paper tickets I also want one.

Pretty certain no proper tickets were printed for Gibraltar v Republic of Ireland this year. Even VIPs got "print at home".

I recently attended our women's game in Pasadena. All pre-game were mobile tickets so entry was via smartphone. I actually couldn't find a sales outlet beforehand but not sure I wuld have paid $40 (cheapest ticket) just to have a ticket. Online purchases were still possible. No joy on the ground afterwards.

UEFA are still talking about courier delivery for next year but suspect they will use mobile tickets as well.

I attend all Rep of Ireland senior games and as many Northern Ireland homes that I can. Entry is via smart card - season ticket or campaign card. I can always get a Rep of Ireland ticket either off the ground or via a friend who uses a sign. I walked the lower deck of the south stand after NI v Belarus last March without success and ended up buying a ticket from Belarus on ebay. I suspect for Germany next month I'll be buying one off a German with a sign afterwards. I suspect only 1,500-2,000 tickets will be printed for the game next month. 19K capacity, 14K campaign cards and mainly online sales. Away fans, VIPs and Linfield members may be the only ones with real tickets.
Dorking

PostPosted: Mon Aug 19, 2019 6:51 am 
Post subject:

I went to Switzerland v England in the nation's league and was allowed to collect paper ticket as I genuinely do not have a smartphone. Took several emails for them to concede the collection into

For Mentenegro home as I bought in the members sale they have said the same, and they won't reply to my messages asking about collection of a paper ticket. In reality it is only a trial on a small percentage of the total Wembley crowd so I am sure if I get to the box office early with order details and ID they will print them for me.

Stupidly they are saying they will post paper tickets after the game so fans have the souvenir, that's too late if you don't have a smartphone!

It is a pain in the are to be honest, I suspect sooner or later I'll have to get a smartphone Crying or Very sad
| More
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Football Programme Forum Index -> Ticket Collectors Section All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: