Football Programmes Centre

THINGS THAT GET YOU ANNOYED ABOUT EBAY OFFERS.
AlbumAlbum   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   My Wants ListMy Wants List   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
THINGS THAT GET YOU ANNOYED ABOUT EBAY OFFERS.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Football Programme Forum Index -> Anything Goes Chit Chat
View previous topic :: View next topic  
chelseapeter

PostPosted: Fri Jun 28, 2019 4:09 pm 
Post subject: THINGS THAT GET YOU ANNOYED ABOUT EBAY OFFERS.

HI.PUT IN A BID FOR 1971-72 JEUNESSE HUATCHARAGE.AWAY PROGRAME .RECORD SCORE 13-0.ULTRA RARE PROGRAME..ON EBAY .NINE DAY LISTING..LEADING WITH TOP BID WITH FIVE DAYS TO GO ALL OF A SUDDEN THE ITEM WAS WITHDRAWN WITH A SOLD PRICE OF £3,000 POUNDS OBVIOUSLY SOMEONE HAD MESSAGE AND DONE PRIVATE DEAL.ON THE PRORGRAME MESSAGE SELLER JUST SAID SORRY.ABOUT IT.THINK I KNOW WHO'S FINGER MARKS ARE ALL OVER IT.BUT WILL LEAVE OTHER PEOPLE TO DRAW THEIR OWN CONCLUSION.

bluejames

PostPosted: Fri Jun 28, 2019 4:36 pm 
Post subject:

it has been relisted on ebay with a start price of £2050
New Forest

PostPosted: Fri Jun 28, 2019 5:00 pm 
Post subject:

I don't see the point of this argument. It was on for £2300, it had no bids and now has been relisted at a lower starting price!

It said the auction was for seven days not nine as claimed. I ssume we are talking about the same guy, with a score of just 26?

If you feel you are being hard done by then just walk away. If I felt there was some skulduggery involved then the sensible thing is to leave it well alone. These things have a habit of getting 'lost in the post'.

However much I wanted a programme. They would not be getting my money.

If I am wrong then can you please explain.
TheSorter!

PostPosted: Fri Jun 28, 2019 6:16 pm 
Post subject: things that

I was following a programme on Ebay that didn't sell for a buy it now of £100. I offered a negotiable £75. The seller declined my offer then relisted it for £120! £20 more than he DIDN'T get for it earlier that day! Very Happy
overlap

PostPosted: Sat Jun 29, 2019 10:21 am 
Post subject:

I am surprised at the high asking price for the Jeunesse v Chelsea programme, given that one sold for just around £500 at Sportingold in 2013.
pafcprogs

PostPosted: Sat Jun 29, 2019 10:38 am 
Post subject:

There is no logic to eBay so if you look for it you will be disappointed.

I have listed items multiple times with no bids and then, when all hope of selling has gone the item erupts into an (admitedly minor) bidding war and sells for far more than either party could have bought it for had they bid previously.

The one thing it does have in its favour as a buyer is if you buy something at an ordinary auction house...try getting your money back if you are disappointed when it arrives Smile

If something is listed for a price and you don't think it is worth it don't pay it....and yes I know I commented on the super prices Spurs things recently but they were patently absurd.

The late ( of this parish) lamented Mr Swash aways argued set your price and stick to it....and I tend to agree.....whilst the haggling culture in this country now means nothing is ever sold for what you ask for it..I blame boot fairs and Bargain Hunt....I recently offered an Argyle home to a collector on a Facebook site for a (to me at least as a collector) fair price...and then got a rant when I wouldn't sell it for half that....suffice to say that price could well go up if he ever comes back and asks.
manchesterunitedman1

PostPosted: Sun Jun 30, 2019 9:44 pm 
Post subject:

overlap wrote:
I am surprised at the high asking price for the Jeunesse v Chelsea programme, given that one sold for just around £500 at Sportingold in 2013.

Just a quick question, since 2013 can you say which one of these commodities has dropped in price other than the interest rate savers get nowadays:
Gas-Electricity-Water-House Prices-Food-Beer?

Just asking Laughing

To see 19,900++ original items relating to Newton Heath & Manchester Utd 1878-2023 then visit www.flickr.com/photos/manchesterunitedman1/sets to see entire uploads.

1000's more images to be uploaded, to view the latest uploads go to www.flickr.com/photos/manchesterunitedman1/

Click any images 21 MILLION views to date to the Flickr site since 2007 growing every day. New Uploads weekly. Thank You to one & all for visiting!
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website My Wants List
| More
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Football Programme Forum Index -> Anything Goes Chit Chat All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: