Football Programmes Centre

would you pay £1000 for a programme
AlbumAlbum   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   My Wants ListMy Wants List   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
would you pay £1000 for a programme
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4

Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Football Programme Forum Index -> Anything Goes Chit Chat
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Mr poprstick

PostPosted: Fri Jul 05, 2019 4:33 pm 
Post subject: Re: Third Lanark v Airdrie 8/8/1964 League Cup programme.

[quote="manchesterunitedman1"]
Leigh Treymaine wrote:
This Carlisle v Middlesbrough thread brings to mind THIRD LANARK v AIRDRIE

As a footnote, I was offered a copy of that MU v Wolves PP once for a £100 in the 1980's, I told the seller I had one, so he said no you have not!, so we agreed to meet and the deal was if I had one I could have his for a tenner, that was how I got number 2!, I then swopped it for the Red Star Belgrade away which was then valued at £250-i thought I had done well! Laughing

is this valued £250??? Easy
manchesterunitedman1

PostPosted: Sat Jul 06, 2019 8:13 am 
Post subject: Re: Third Lanark v Airdrie 8/8/1964 League Cup programme.

[quote="Mr poprstick"]
manchesterunitedman1 wrote:
Leigh Treymaine wrote:
This Carlisle v Middlesbrough thread brings to mind THIRD LANARK v AIRDRIE

As a footnote, I was offered a copy of that MU v Wolves PP once for a £100 in the 1980's, I told the seller I had one, so he said no you have not!, so we agreed to meet and the deal was if I had one I could have his for a tenner, that was how I got number 2!, I then swopped it for the Red Star Belgrade away which was then valued at £250-i thought I had done well! Laughing

is this valued £250??? Easy

Hi Vladan,

Yes it was valued around £250-36 years ago when I did that deal, the same value THEN as the 1957-8 MU v Wolves postponed Laughing

To see 19,900++ original items relating to Newton Heath & Manchester Utd 1878-2023 then visit www.flickr.com/photos/manchesterunitedman1/sets to see entire uploads.

1000's more images to be uploaded, to view the latest uploads go to www.flickr.com/photos/manchesterunitedman1/

Click any images 21 MILLION views to date to the Flickr site since 2007 growing every day. New Uploads weekly. Thank You to one & all for visiting!
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website My Wants List
Mr poprstick

PostPosted: Sat Jul 06, 2019 9:10 am 
Post subject:

Yes Leslie, 40 years ago, I payed18 pence beer to the pub in Ashton under line and at the supermarket, 2,5 pounds bottle of White horce. Now we are older and nothing can be bought at this price, and especially Red Star: MU. Isnt MUNo1?
programmehunter

PostPosted: Wed Aug 28, 2019 5:00 pm 
Post subject:

I would definitely pay £1,000+ on a programme/teamsheet if I wanted it badly enough.

The reasons why certain issues are considered 'rare' are fairly obvious to most on this forum so if one came up I would bid for it.

I have a good job which allows me to 'invest' in something which will most likely hold its value and give me plenty of pleasure in future years. Rather than invest in certain pension schemes, I put part into my football collection.

It's personal choice.

As an aside, I know plenty of older collectors who were used to picking up very rare issues for peanuts years ago and the thought of spending big money is unknown to them. I wonder if it is an age thing?
| More
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Football Programme Forum Index -> Anything Goes Chit Chat All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4
Page 4 of 4

Jump to: