Football Programmes Centre

Justin Edinburgh RIP
AlbumAlbum   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   My Wants ListMy Wants List   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
Justin Edinburgh RIP

Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Football Programme Forum Index -> Gone, but not forgotten
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Pete’s Picture Palace
Forum Moderator

PostPosted: Sun Jun 09, 2019 2:13 am 
Post subject: Justin Edinburgh RIP

I am deeply saddened to read of the very untimely passing of Justin Edinburgh at the age of just 49.

Having led Leyton Orient out of the National League just a couple of weeks ago, back to where they belong in the Football League, I envisaged a long a successful career in management for him after also leading Newport County out of the same division in 2013.

Everybody had great things to say about him and I'm sure it will leave the Orient players, staff and supporters numb and shell-shocked. What a terrible end to what had been a wonderful season.

He also played 200 games for Spurs in the top flight at full back, counting the likes of Gary Lineker, Paul Gascoigne and Jurgen Klinsmann as teammates. His career at White Hart Lane was book-ended by spells at Southend and Portsmouth. He was an Essex boy from Basildon.

This is all so sad and all I can say now is life is so unfair. My thoughts are with his young family.

RIP Justin
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website My Wants List
slugger

PostPosted: Sun Jun 09, 2019 8:10 am 
Post subject: Justin Edinburgh

So sad and tragic news.

Will always be remembered at Newport County with respect and affection.

Rest in peace Justin.
Five and In

PostPosted: Sun Jun 09, 2019 8:16 am 

Sad and tragic news.

Justin was one of those 100% players EVERY game. What he lacked in quality, he made up for with effort.
Loved our club even after he moved on and was regarded as one of us.

Excellent manager at lower league level too and would have done a good job at a much higher level I'm sure.

I'm sure fans of Newport and Orient held him in the same regard as we did at Tottenham.

My lasting memory of him is when he went toe to toe with Roy Keane in the 1991 FA Cup Final.

Thank you for what you did at The Lane Justin and RIP.
1881Orient

PostPosted: Sun Jun 09, 2019 7:08 pm 
Post subject:

It's been a very emotional two days and his death has been such a shock.

His achievements and impact on the club will never be forgotten.

RIP Gaffer
CHRIS GIBBS

PostPosted: Sun Jun 09, 2019 7:43 pm 

On behalf of all Pompey fans can I endorse all what has been said. Only played 38 games for us scoring once but always gave 100% and brought a bit of top division class to our team. Well liked by all the other players. Nearly came back as manager.
Taken to early. Very sad news. RIP Justin Edinburgh
Davee59

PostPosted: Sun Jun 09, 2019 10:25 pm 
Post subject:

RIP Justin and my heart goes out to your family and friends. It is hard to believe it when a player that you watched play for your team many times passes at such a young age.
| More
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Football Programme Forum Index -> Gone, but not forgotten All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: