Football Programmes Centre

Scotland Homes
AlbumAlbum   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   My Wants ListMy Wants List   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
Scotland Homes

Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Football Programme Forum Index -> Everything and Anything Scottish. In Honour of John Holroyd. RIP.
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Bankie boy

PostPosted: Sat Jun 08, 2019 3:57 pm 
Post subject: Scotland Homes

How much would a full set of Scotland Homes from 1960 to present day fetch including a few from the 50's? Any ideas?
Auchinleckian
Forum Moderator

PostPosted: Sat Jun 08, 2019 5:38 pm 
Post subject:

Your problem would be finding a buyer as the vast majority of collectors would have most of them, so no point in buying in bulk. I have many Scotland homes in our programme hut at Auchinleck and have never, ever, sold a post 1958 Scotland home.

I tend to box them up and put them into the local house clearance auctions and hope to get a few bob for them. Think your best bet would be sportingold or the like, but carriage costs wouldn't be cheap.
hulldon

PostPosted: Sat Jun 08, 2019 6:49 pm 

Bankie Boy,

As Auchinleckian says, most post 1960 Scotland homes will be in Scotland collectors' collections. For me it is very much a sideline, after a job lot, I'd bought at an auction had about 30 plus homes, and I have about 100 of them now, almost without trying! There are plenty still missing - about 60-odd post 1960 - but I would guess I could pick them up fairly cheaply in job lots at auctions and fairs, where I have often seen them at 50p a pop. Sad, I know, but there you go!

I would be interested but would feel I was insulting you if I offered 50p/£1.00 a go, but that it is generally what I generally pay for them. Sorry.

Hope you manage to find a buyer

hulldon
chorlton63

PostPosted: Mon Jun 10, 2019 11:04 pm 
Post subject:

I need a few scotland homes from 60s 70s and 80s plus most onwards . Looking for mint condition from 80s onwards though. If anyone can help pm me
Five and In

PostPosted: Tue Jun 11, 2019 7:52 am 

chorlton63 wrote:
I need a few scotland homes from 60s 70s and 80s plus most onwards . Looking for mint condition from 80s onwards though. If anyone can help pm me

pm sent chorlton.
Auchinleckian
Forum Moderator

PostPosted: Tue Jun 11, 2019 11:45 am 
Post subject:

chorlton63 wrote:

I have a good number of such 90s and noughties programmes at our Programme Shop at Auchinleck Talbot. Do you have a written wants list Chorlton?
manchesterunitedman1

PostPosted: Tue Jun 11, 2019 5:56 pm 
Post subject:

It is not great to hear that Scotland homes from the late 1950's onwards are of little value[same as England's] but the Scotland v England game from 12th April 1958 has a special meaning for me as it was Bobby Charlton's England debut just several weeks after surviving the Munich Air Disaster. There is also along with Charlton's "pen picture" a few words about Matt Busby [who was the Scotland manager having only been appointed on the 17th January 1958]who would of course been present but for the horrors of Munich.

The facts of this particular match have a Manchester United theme due to the loss of Roger Byrne, Duncan Edwards and Tommy Taylor and a brief report in a nutshell reads:

"Bobby Charlton, a Munich survivor, electrified the first of his 106 England appearances with a classical goal when he connected with a Tom Finney cross on the volley to send it flashing into the Scotland net from the edge of the penalty area. His wonder strike came in the sixty-second minute after Bryan Douglas had headed England into a first-half lead and then laid on the first of two goals for Derek Kevan. Fulham's Jim Langley made a commendable debut in place of the sadly missed Roger Byrne, with Wolverhampton's Bill Slater taking on the impossible job of following Duncan Edwards. The nearest Scotland came to scoring was when a Jackie Mudie header hit the bar midway through the second-half, by which time England were sitting on a cushion of three goals. Kevan wrapped it up for England fifteen minutes from the end after Johnny Haynes, Bobby Charlton and Bill Slater had cut open the Scottish defence with a procession of precise passes".

However, all of this is besides the copy that I have which is a VIP version which has the Tartan Covers and Red cord running through it. The bottom Right Hand corner has the details but the Tartan background overshadows it, so much for any design acumen Laughing

I am interested in any other VIP editions from any seasons that may have any United players on either side in the teams.

To see 19,900++ original items relating to Newton Heath & Manchester Utd 1878-2023 then visit www.flickr.com/photos/manchesterunitedman1/sets to see entire uploads.

1000's more images to be uploaded, to view the latest uploads go to www.flickr.com/photos/manchesterunitedman1/

Click any images 21 MILLION views to date to the Flickr site since 2007 growing every day. New Uploads weekly. Thank You to one & all for visiting!
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website My Wants List
Eck

PostPosted: Thu Jun 13, 2019 12:48 am 
Post subject:

I have a ton of Internationals mostly England and Scotland homes at all levels and at a lot of diffeerent stadiums, hard to move them.
| More
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Football Programme Forum Index -> Everything and Anything Scottish. In Honour of John Holroyd. RIP. All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: