Football Programmes Centre

ANNUAL YORKSHIRE FAIR LAST SATURDAY
AlbumAlbum   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   My Wants ListMy Wants List   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
ANNUAL YORKSHIRE FAIR LAST SATURDAY

Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Football Programme Forum Index -> Upcoming Football Programme Fairs. In honour of Gordon Bennett. RIP
View previous topic :: View next topic  
LUFCPROG

PostPosted: Mon May 27, 2019 9:39 pm 
Post subject: ANNUAL YORKSHIRE FAIR LAST SATURDAY

Thank you for everyone who came next years Fair is 23/5/2020.
Increased attendance but hardly any young collectors .
Worrying for the hobby?
Rocky

PostPosted: Mon May 27, 2019 10:26 pm 
Post subject:

Yep, it was fairly full for the first hour before it started to thin out when these pics were taken. As you mentioned, not many young collectors to be seen.

https://www.flickr.com/photos/187311548@N07/albums

https://www.flickr.com/photos/117760314@N07/albums
sharrowblade
Forum Moderator

PostPosted: Mon May 27, 2019 11:56 pm 
Post subject:

To be fair, there's not many hobbies (if that what programme collecting is defined as) that has many youngsters nowadays.

Times have moved on,.... for better or for worse.

Railway Model enthuasists, Train spotting, bird watching, Airplane spotting, corgi model collecting, coin collecting, stamp collecting, the list goes on. Its not the younger generation that any of them appeal to.

None are awash with youngsters....can only think of Match Attax and Panini that still hold an interest for the kids, and even that has waned by teenage years.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website My Wants List
Rocky

PostPosted: Tue May 28, 2019 12:09 am 
Post subject:

sharrowblade wrote:
To be fair, there's not many hobbies (if that what programme collecting is defined as) that has many youngsters nowadays.

Railway Model enthuasists, Train spotting, bird watching, Airplane spotting, corgi model collecting, coin collecting, stamp collecting, the list goes on. Its not the younger generation that any of them appeal to.

None are awash with youngsters....can only think of Match Attax and Panini that still hold an interest for the kids, and even that has waned by teenage years.

I guess it would be safer to say that there weren’t many people in attendance without grey hair or a balding pate.

https://www.flickr.com/photos/187311548@N07/albums

https://www.flickr.com/photos/117760314@N07/albums
bigdavethemaddog

PostPosted: Tue May 28, 2019 9:13 pm 
Post subject:

as with most interests/hobbies its all getting too expensive especially with money as tight as it is thesedays
manchesterunitedman1

PostPosted: Tue May 28, 2019 10:59 pm 
Post subject:

bigdavethemaddog wrote:
as with most interests/hobbies its all getting too expensive especially with money as tight as it is these days

Well I have no idea who is pushing up the Man United stuff but all the usual s Auction Houses wise are enjoying great prices for their clients for 100% certain, so this defies your thoughts and this is only MU, so I guess the top end stuff for all clubs will continue to increase and the once buoyant 1940/1950's stuff has gone to pot unless a postponed item or one of those especially tough ones.

I on occasions just sit back now and let them get on with it, if I feel it is OTT then let it go, usually in most but not all cases another example may turn up, it may be "boring" but perhaps where there is one...…

Wave

To see 19,900++ original items relating to Newton Heath & Manchester Utd 1878-2023 then visit www.flickr.com/photos/manchesterunitedman1/sets to see entire uploads.

1000's more images to be uploaded, to view the latest uploads go to www.flickr.com/photos/manchesterunitedman1/

Click any images 21 MILLION views to date to the Flickr site since 2007 growing every day. New Uploads weekly. Thank You to one & all for visiting!

Last edited by manchesterunitedman1 on Thu May 30, 2019 10:52 pm; edited 1 time in total
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website My Wants List
bigearl79

PostPosted: Wed May 29, 2019 5:38 am 
Post subject:

Rocky wrote:
sharrowblade wrote:

I guess it would be safer to say that there weren’t many people in attendance without grey hair or a balding pate.

I was there, no greying or lacking of hair. 40 years and still all there, although not quite my own colour Smile
Sufc93

PostPosted: Wed May 29, 2019 5:02 pm 
Post subject:

Hello,

I’m 25 (so class me as young) if you want. I was there in the first picture and though I’m not a hardcore collector I still like the feeling of getting old programmes and badges. Many of my friends never collect programmes as the times have moved on but I was brought up on it. It’s a shame really because there is so much history in them. Many young people just think it’s not ‘cool’ too collect them. I will always look at collecting programmes and badges in the future for sure.
| More
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Football Programme Forum Index -> Upcoming Football Programme Fairs. In honour of Gordon Bennett. RIP All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: