Football Programmes Centre

Ebay Good till cancelled - holiday
AlbumAlbum   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   My Wants ListMy Wants List   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
Ebay Good till cancelled - holiday

Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Football Programme Forum Index -> Anything Goes Chit Chat
View previous topic :: View next topic  
sellsell39

PostPosted: Sun May 05, 2019 7:47 am 
Post subject: Ebay Good till cancelled - holiday

As I am sure you are all aware, Ebay now has a new scheme called Good Till cancelled, where unsold items are relisted automatically after 30 days.

My question is what happens when you go away on holiday.

Is there a holiday button or setting that you can use to display this message to all buyers.

Should you cancel all your listings before holiday and then relist them yourself when you get back.

or

Should you leave them as they are and then sort out the sold items when you return - clearly the customer would experience delays in receiving their item.

Any help would be gratefully received.
se20blue

PostPosted: Sun May 05, 2019 10:03 am 
Post subject:

Assuming you are a private seller, there is no holiday button.I would suggest you cancel all listings and relist on return. If you leave you are liable for strikes for both late dispatch and delivery and possible suspension of account.

The above assumes that there are sales during the holiday period !
giorgio

PostPosted: Wed May 08, 2019 12:55 pm 
Post subject:

I have a message in all my listings that I may be away at time of purchase. You can edit all your listings in one go so it is quite easy. Not sure it is so easy if you want to remove or edit the message from multiple listings at a later date.
If posting takes more than a few days, I will usually make a small refund which keeps the buyer happy. I don't think I've ever had an issue with delayed posting. It is good to keep the buyer informed though, in my opinion.
martino

PostPosted: Wed May 08, 2019 7:11 pm 
Post subject: Re: Ebay Good till cancelled - holiday

sellsell39 wrote:
As I am sure you are all aware, Ebay now has a new scheme called Good Till cancelled, where unsold items are relisted automatically after 30 days.

My question is what happens when you go away on holiday.

Is there a holiday button or setting that you can use to display this message to all buyers.

Should you cancel all your listings before holiday and then relist them yourself when you get back.

or

Should you leave them as they are and then sort out the sold items when you return - clearly the customer would experience delays in receiving their item.

Any help would be gratefully received.

If you are away but with internet access and you get any sales, why not just tell any buyer the following:

"there will be a delay in sending the item until my return to the UK on …."

At least the buyer will know the position.
martino

PostPosted: Wed May 08, 2019 7:17 pm 
Post subject:

As far Good Till cancelled is concerned I take the view that, if an item does not sell in 30 days, I cancel the listing or drop the price.

If cancelled I can re-list it sometime in the future if required to see if a buyer is around. After two goes and no sale then I think that tells you something.
| More
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Football Programme Forum Index -> Anything Goes Chit Chat All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: