Football Programmes Centre

Ebay again
AlbumAlbum   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   My Wants ListMy Wants List   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
Ebay again

Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Football Programme Forum Index -> Anything Goes Chit Chat
View previous topic :: View next topic  
manutd1977

PostPosted: Sat May 04, 2019 5:07 pm 
Post subject: Ebay again

I recently sold a photo that by mistake i advertised as 10 x 8, in fact it was 8 x 6.
When i sent the photo i enclosed £3 in coins, i apologised for the mistake and said to the buyer keep the photo with my regards, postage was free.
I've now been asked for a refund because it wasn't the right size, fair enough but the money was already enclosed and mistake explained.
I contacted the buyer and asked if he hadn't had the money, reply was "yes i've had the money but i don't like the photo, i'm not really a fan of black and white photos"...
To add insult to injury my previous perfect feedback now has a negative and the comments "unhelpful and wont refund me"
Think it's time to say goodbye to ebay, especially the worrying amount of high ticket items i sell that are returned and clearly not the item i sent out...
Sad its come to this, are people so desperate to resort to stealing even the smallest amount...

Reason for return Just didn't like it, not interested in b&w photos.
daiward

PostPosted: Mon May 06, 2019 3:52 pm 
Post subject:

You have my support on this complaint. On negative feedback eBay appear to treat it with disdain as I have seen horrendous negative feedback from USA sellers that eBay seem to treat as regular. So we are not going to be allowed a fair hearing.
manutd1977

PostPosted: Mon May 06, 2019 4:50 pm 
Post subject:

The person has pretty good feedback, as stated i've said no need to return the photo, i sent £3 enclosed and refunded the £2.99 immediately via paypal so i had a proof of refund.
I've had a message this morning asking for £10 "so i can return your photo".
£2 postage, £1 envelope and £7.00 for a return journey to the post office... Crying or Very sad
bluejames

PostPosted: Mon May 06, 2019 9:21 pm 
Post subject:

manutd1977 wrote:
The person has pretty good feedback, as stated i've said no need to return the photo, i sent £3 enclosed and refunded the £2.99 immediately via paypal so i had a proof of refund.
£2 postage, £1 envelope and £7.00 for a return journey to the post office... Crying or Very sad

What is he returning it in??
A Sherman tank??
Five and In

PostPosted: Tue May 07, 2019 7:53 am 
Post subject: Ebay again

manutd1977 wrote:

I've said it many times on the Forum before, but pick up the phone and talk to Ebay. I know it's time consuming, but the alternative is what you have now - a mess with no end in sight.
Since they launched their concierge service about a year ago, they take a better approach to problems than in the past and at the very least they will wipe out the unjustified negative feedback that has been left for you as you have acted in a proper manner and jokers like the one you are currently dealing with need to be reported.

One thing I don't understand from your post is why you refunded the amount in cash AND by paypal. Why pay double what he paid you in the first place?

I hope it all works out for you.
| More
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Football Programme Forum Index -> Anything Goes Chit Chat All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: