Football Programmes Centre

"Accept Offers" setting on ebay
AlbumAlbum   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   My Wants ListMy Wants List   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
"Accept Offers" setting on ebay

Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Football Programme Forum Index -> Football Programmes Offered for Sale or Swap
View previous topic :: View next topic  
colchestersid

PostPosted: Mon Apr 29, 2019 12:44 pm 
Post subject: "Accept Offers" setting on ebay

I listed 100+ programmes/tickets yesterday on ebay. When uploading I carefully unchecked the "Accept Offers" button for every listing, when I checked the listings all of them were set to accept offers

Through gritted teeth I cancelled all of the listings, relisted them again and made doubly sure I unchecked the setting again. Sure enough, most of them are still set to accept offers

I've had to politely decline 42 offers (and counting) since yesterday. Although I always say in the item description that I don't accept offers I guess most people don't get that far (I know when you use the mobile version of ebay you have to click to open the item description)

Anyone know how to reliably ensure that the "accept offers" option is disabled?

By the way, I'll share the split at the end of the week on whether I would actually have been better off accepting offers - on one programme I have had offers ranging from £3 to £62 Smile
kenners46

PostPosted: Mon Apr 29, 2019 12:54 pm 
Post subject:

You should be able to go into edit mode and scroll down and then untick accept offers...not sure if you have to do one at a time though
martino

PostPosted: Mon Apr 29, 2019 2:19 pm 
Post subject:

I think other sellers are also experiencing this problem.

In the last couple of weeks I have viewed items which state "make offer" only to be told by the two seller(s) that they are not looking for offers below the auction starting price.
colchestersid

PostPosted: Mon Apr 29, 2019 2:50 pm 
Post subject:

kenners46 wrote:
You should be able to go into edit mode and scroll down and then untick accept offers...not sure if you have to do one at a time though

Thanks, I tried doing that - it says you have to revise the item - tried that and it seems to work but looking at the listing again the "accept offers" is still enabled

I suspect something buggy in ebay means it defaults to their preference
kcs

PostPosted: Mon Apr 29, 2019 3:14 pm 
Post subject:

I have noticed this as well, when you list the item you will see that after a couple of seconds the offers information appears on the listing (before submitting the listing), near the price summary I think. It's at this point if you change the listing to not accept offers it saves successfully.

Showcase your collection in an online programme guide!
Display your research in a comprehensive history archive!
roughyedz

PostPosted: Mon Apr 29, 2019 10:36 pm 
Post subject:

This has been going on for weeks now and when ive called they just say oh no you MUST have ticked it , thery want sales asap , so thats it , also the Good till sold lots are re-listed andf you are charges with a relisting fee of 50p for something only listed at 50p , GREEDY B*****DS
| More
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Football Programme Forum Index -> Football Programmes Offered for Sale or Swap All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: