Football Programmes Centre

Rep Ireland v Gibraltar, two covers
AlbumAlbum   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   My Wants ListMy Wants List   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
Rep Ireland v Gibraltar, two covers

Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Football Programme Forum Index -> Everything and Anything Irish
View previous topic :: View next topic  
seand

PostPosted: Tue Jun 11, 2019 12:04 pm 
Post subject: Rep Ireland v Gibraltar, two covers

I think we've had various discussions about multiple covers before, but the Ireland v Gibraltar Euro2020 qualifier was the latest programme with two different cover designs. I'll try and link a picture. I didn't realise there were two versions available at the time so I've just one, and I think I'll leave it at that. What do others think about collecting each cover design? I think if it was a Dundalk game I'd want one of each.... but I'm too tight to splash a fiver on a second copy of this one!

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/D8uEkImWwAAq74Q.jpg:large
Texas Rangers

PostPosted: Tue Jun 11, 2019 12:48 pm 
Post subject:

I'm not a fan of multiple covers.

Rangers had three different colours of a Jermaine Defoe cover versus St Johnstone last season. I couldn't see myself buying more than one of those. I don't collect modern programmes as it is unless I attend the game ( which is two or three a season given where I live) so it's a moot point for me.

Older programmes in the era I do collect from , I would collect multiple versions of programmes though. So a mixed bag for me.
garyspain

PostPosted: Tue Jun 11, 2019 3:27 pm 
Post subject:

I'd prefer just one cover as well. However I am collecting all of them.

This is the 3rd time it has happened.

Northern Ireland November 2018 saw 3 different covers.
Georgia March 2019 2 covers.
Gibraltar 2 as Sean has stated.

To the best of my knowledge all are produced in pretty much equal measures.

for the NI game I only found out in the 2nd half when a friend called me. I had 2 of the 3 but never noticed. Luckily he had the 3rd for me.
| More
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Football Programme Forum Index -> Everything and Anything Irish All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: