Football Programmes Centre

FOOTBALL EVENING NEWS - 1912 F A CUP FINAL EDITON
AlbumAlbum   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   My Wants ListMy Wants List   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
FOOTBALL EVENING NEWS - 1912 F A CUP FINAL EDITON

Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Football Programme Forum Index -> Get a valuation here
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Herman Hessian

PostPosted: Mon Apr 01, 2019 9:12 pm 
Post subject: FOOTBALL EVENING NEWS - 1912 F A CUP FINAL EDITON

Hi everyone - looking for some guidance as to whether or not it's worth trying to sell the following...

I have a complete (to the best of my knowledge) 8pp tabloid format edition of the Football Evening News dated 20th April 1912 - the day of the Barnsley v West Brom 0-0 F A Cup final match at Crystal Palace.

It's yellowed with age, fragile and a frayed around the edges as you'd expect for something of its age, but is perfectly legible throughout, and has an awful lot of cup final related information, with pictures and 'etchings', plus all the content relating to the rest of the weekend's football and notes pertaining to many other clubs.

Will gladly post some pics if it's the sort of thing that might be of interest...

much obliged !
holtie96

PostPosted: Mon Apr 01, 2019 9:49 pm 
Post subject: Paper

Greetings
Please post some photos as this is quite a find!
Thank you
Flaming Pie

PostPosted: Mon Apr 01, 2019 9:58 pm 
Post subject: Football Evening News-1912 FA CUP FlNAL EDlTlON

Old historic newspapers never seem to be as valuable as you think they should be. Perhaps too many people kept hold of them, and there must have been a large print run. I always think old football , pre- 1960s, scrapbooks should be more valuable as well, but they don’t seem to go for much at auctions. The one you have got sounds particularly interesting . I would guess at £15- 20. Give it a go Herman, you might get a surprise!
holtie96

PostPosted: Tue Apr 02, 2019 6:51 am 
Post subject: Paper

Some true and wise words, but I would expect at least £20-£30 and would happily pay that.
Davyboy

PostPosted: Thu Apr 04, 2019 4:58 pm 
Post subject:

From the same final of 1912 my auction at Staceys has the Ticket, WH Smith Programme, West Brom Menu and both West Brom Semi Final Tickets.
Vendor looking for more than £30 though. LOL. Regards Dave
| More
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Football Programme Forum Index -> Get a valuation here All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: