Football Programmes Centre

Danger man etc.
AlbumAlbum   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   My Wants ListMy Wants List   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
Danger man etc.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Football Programme Forum Index -> Anything Goes Chit Chat
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Thedoog10

PostPosted: Wed Feb 27, 2019 1:46 am 
Post subject: Danger man etc.

Having not been on the site a lot over the last twelve months I was wondering what has became of the Danger Man his posts were so funny how much was this worth how much was that worth really brightened up my day I found him so funny. ❤️.
Dorking

PostPosted: Wed Feb 27, 2019 7:28 am 
Post subject:

I could be wrong but I haven't seen Danger Man on here for years to be honest.

I suspect he was a chap with learning difficulties, who just loved football programmes and liked to dabble in buying and selling them. I doubt if he ever sold any though. But I'm sure that regardless he'd have been happy just acquiring more that way!

He didn't seem to have much if anything of a business strategy apart from asking on here if various bundles or types of programmes were worth much.

Which they almost always never were.

But at least they weren't massive investments

I hope he is well wherever he is and whatever he is doing, I miss him in a way - he was harmless and full of keen innocence!
martino

PostPosted: Wed Feb 27, 2019 9:09 am 
Post subject:

Dangerman did sell stuff on E Bay. I cannot remember his user name. If anyone can remember that may give a clue as to whether he is still active.
Thedoog10

PostPosted: Wed Feb 27, 2019 11:36 am 
Post subject:

Thanks for the reply guys.... I have a 1966 World Cup Final programme with team changes, half time score, center fold rusty staples, punch holes back page missing and looks like somwne has spilt coffee on the front page but apart from that is in near mint condition. . Anybody any idea of its valuation LOL. ❤️.
Auchinleckian
Forum Moderator

PostPosted: Wed Feb 27, 2019 11:54 am 
Post subject:

I think once the penny dropped and it became obvious there were learning issues with him his posts suddenly seemed that much more readable and pertinent.

I did have a couple of transactions with him, buying things from him - which were all in very good condition and collectable - and the very odd sale. You always knew if you sent a list of items to him after he'd been looking for something specific that you were unlikely to get a reply.

A Forum such as this can be a very useful tool for anyone who might have issues with everyday life to connect with others. Like Doog, I'd love to see him back on here. Leeds United fan wasn't he?
Eck

PostPosted: Wed Feb 27, 2019 11:56 am 
Post subject:

He is currently strutting his stuff in programme groups on facebook.
grantham

PostPosted: Wed Feb 27, 2019 11:59 am 
Post subject:

Yeap, as Eck said, doing more of the same in front of a bigger audience on Facebook now.

Same questions about the same programmes still, get yourself on if you miss him Smile

Andrew Sanderson, for those that can't remember him, his auction listings can be found here:

https://www.ebay.co.uk/sch/briankeith2006/m.html?_nkw=&_armrs=1&_ipg=&_from=

Last edited by grantham on Wed Feb 27, 2019 12:02 pm; edited 1 time in total
Eck

PostPosted: Wed Feb 27, 2019 12:00 pm 
Post subject:

I loved how no matter how much stick he took he never once retaliated. Boy, l wish l could do that. Smile
Pete’s Picture Palace
Forum Moderator

PostPosted: Wed Feb 27, 2019 2:37 pm 
Post subject:

Out of the blue once he asked me if I had any Ayr United press photos to sell. I suggested he take a browse of the website, which he did and eventually he asked for one of the £5 photos.

That was fine, it all took 2/3 weeks but we got there in the end and he was happy with the photo.

A few months later he bought a couple of FA Cup-related photos, again a slow process but no problem at all.

He traded under the name Andy's Football Shop on eBay. That was in 2014, by the way.

His posts were entertaining and Facebook must be a more joyous place with him on board.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website My Wants List
manchesterunitedman1

PostPosted: Wed Feb 27, 2019 3:47 pm 
Post subject:

Auchinleckian wrote:
I think once the penny dropped and it became obvious there were learning issues with him his posts suddenly seemed that much more readable and pertinent.

I did have a couple of transactions with him, buying things from him - which were all in very good condition and collectable - and the very odd sale. You always knew if you sent a list of items to him after he'd been looking for something specific that you were unlikely to get a reply.

A Forum such as this can be a very useful tool for anyone who might have issues with everyday life to connect with others. Like Doog, I'd love to see him back on here. Leeds United fan wasn't he?

John

I had to laff when I read the above words that i have highlighted, in relation to the posts and replies you were getting recently Laughing Laughing
except that individual also seems to suffer from some sort of handicap, Dangerman was not nasty like some and in the end I think although maybe he was not so aware we all laughed with him and not at him towards the end.

Maybe he was a sharp knife in that box!

I wish him well with FB as he has the edge over 95% off those that offer football stuff on there, Paul Hill is one of the exceptions to the rule as well as ur good self of course!, probably others but I hardly get too involved.

Wave Wave

To see 19,900++ original items relating to Newton Heath & Manchester Utd 1878-2023 then visit www.flickr.com/photos/manchesterunitedman1/sets to see entire uploads.

1000's more images to be uploaded, to view the latest uploads go to www.flickr.com/photos/manchesterunitedman1/

Click any images 21 MILLION views to date to the Flickr site since 2007 growing every day. New Uploads weekly. Thank You to one & all for visiting!

Last edited by manchesterunitedman1 on Wed Feb 27, 2019 6:34 pm; edited 1 time in total
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website My Wants List
Tynie Topics

PostPosted: Wed Feb 27, 2019 4:25 pm 
Post subject:

Red Collector was his original incarnation and from memory he was banned for being an utter pest. There may have been other ID's before Dangerman was his final comeback ID.

You always knew there had been a recent auction as he used to buy job lots of rubbish (autographed newspaper clippings seemed to be his favourite) and then spend the next few weeks on here asking what it was all worth or "whose signature is this".

That, and questions about Ayr United reserve issues Get My Coat
grantham

PostPosted: Wed Feb 27, 2019 5:09 pm 
Post subject:

^^^^^ LOL
Texas Rangers

PostPosted: Wed Feb 27, 2019 7:02 pm 
Post subject:

We need characters like that in all walks of life. Just reading this thread about him has cheered me up.
PhilWBA

PostPosted: Thu Feb 28, 2019 5:12 pm 
Post subject:

He is still on here as Football Programme Seller or something like that, still the same. Asks questions, never replies to anyone even when he offers something for sale and you contact him about it but then thats nothing new on here with some. I've sent messages to a couple of people offering stuff and not got even the courtesy of a reply so next time I do have something those people will not be even in the running, rant over.
Rocky

PostPosted: Thu Feb 28, 2019 6:35 pm 
Post subject:

PhilWBA wrote:
He is still on here as Football Programme Seller or something like that.

Ah, now that explains my recent PM dialogue I had regarding a valuation he wanted.

https://www.flickr.com/photos/187311548@N07/albums

https://www.flickr.com/photos/117760314@N07/albums
slightfold

PostPosted: Thu Feb 28, 2019 7:26 pm 
Post subject:

That some would regard him as a character is a matter of opinion. One might be tempted to use less flattering terms when having had your time wasted
Whilst we are on 'annoying' seems like there's plenty on here who still want to tell everyone 'PM sent.' Just save time and send the bloody thing, that's why it's called a PM !!! Nod
overlap

PostPosted: Fri Mar 01, 2019 7:53 pm 
Post subject:

Once you eventually realised that he may respond to maybe one in five forum members' replies to his wide ranging questions, then it became less irritating. Glad to hear he still flourishing in pastures new.
grantham

PostPosted: Thu Jan 12, 2023 11:41 am 
Post subject:

Guess who re-appeared in one of my facebook groups this morning (well the title of the thread is a big clue)

He hasn't changed, his first question was about some worthless teamsheets

The group is https://www.facebook.com/groups/827769967300404
For anyone interested
Dorking

PostPosted: Thu Jan 12, 2023 12:49 pm 
Post subject:

Unfortunately you have to join the group to see, but I have good memories of Dangerman, and it was easy to ignore his repetitve daft questions about 50p programmes to be honest.
| More
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Football Programme Forum Index -> Anything Goes Chit Chat All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: