Football Programmes Centre

Blackpool FC in receivership 2018/2019.
AlbumAlbum   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   My Wants ListMy Wants List   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
Blackpool FC in receivership 2018/2019.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Football Programme Forum Index -> Anything Goes Chit Chat
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Topbidwinsagain

PostPosted: Wed Feb 13, 2019 9:30 pm 
Post subject: Blackpool FC in receivership 2018/2019.

Normally when clubs go into receivership it is a sad day for all those working within the club and also a mind-numbing period for the loyal fans who face a bleak future in seeing their club, potentially, vanish into oblivion.

However, in the case of Blackpool FC with that famous background and success (moderate in todays terms), this may be the beginning of a new, bright,inspirational future that will bring old and new together to celebrate the beginning of a new focus on what really matters to those involved.

I just wondered if today will be welcomed by all those guys rather than the opposite?. A pity that Jimmy Armfield is not here to see this court decision.
seand

PostPosted: Thu Feb 14, 2019 9:49 am 
Post subject:

Is that the Oystons gone then? Is there a supporters group or some such ready to step into the breach? For once it sounds like receivership could be a blessed relief
martino

PostPosted: Thu Feb 14, 2019 11:19 am 
Post subject:

Pompey rose from the ashes so hopefully Blackpool can do likewise.

Good luck for a bright future free from uncaring owners.
Auchinleckian
Forum Moderator

PostPosted: Thu Feb 14, 2019 11:28 am 
Post subject:

Think John Cross, who's a regular on here, will be over the moon with the news. Easy
Fishy

PostPosted: Thu Feb 14, 2019 12:38 pm 
Post subject:

Good luck Blackpool!

I think that we (Millwall) have been there, certainly twice - possibly 3 times (memory is fading) and, whilst we are still losing money like a lot of clubs, we are surviving mainly due to a good owner. Not with billions to spend, but enough to keep us running.

There is a future for all you Blackpool fans and let's hope that this is the start of a bright one.
48/9 Newport.
49/0 Walsall; Exeter.
50/1 Port Vale.
51/2 Port Vale 1/5.
52/3 Swindon.
Topbidwinsagain

PostPosted: Thu Feb 14, 2019 2:44 pm 
Post subject: Blackpool FC in receivership 2018/2019.

The Blackpool club are now in receivership due to the Qystons not keeping to the series of payments to the other major shareholder. The sum of money is around £22 million, the Football club, the stadium, the training ground, and apparently other assets (a Travelodge and another property) are to be sold so that the £22 million may be appropriately requisitioned and paid over.This will take sometime because the current owners have shown their ability to thwart any procedures that have been thrown at them and, no doubt, mortgages and loans will exist on the assets making it difficult to unwind the collateral therein.

The fans have been up in arms and boycotting the matches all to no avail but this will change and a lot will come back, in time.

It is amazing how the club have kept going, how the players have kept putting in good displays in the matches and how the management have persevered through all this.

I hope this once proud club will rise from the ashes and we will see them have some success in the future---- the away fans can also join in because it is a great day out as well--unless it is raining!.
martino

PostPosted: Thu Feb 14, 2019 4:36 pm 
Post subject: Re: Blackpool FC in receivership 2018/2019.

Topbidwinsagain wrote:
It is amazing how the club have kept going, how the players have kept putting in good displays in the matches and how the management have persevered through all this.

Yes, they won 1-0 at Pompey!!!

Sad
Pete’s Picture Palace
Forum Moderator

PostPosted: Thu Feb 14, 2019 5:50 pm 
Post subject:

Great news for Blackpool fans, particularly like John Cross who I know has been watching only away games for the last few years.

I have this photo on PPP which might be suitable for dart practice if anyone is interested:-

Just like a pantomime villain.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website My Wants List
| More
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Football Programme Forum Index -> Anything Goes Chit Chat All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: