Football Programmes Centre

Negative Feedback on eBay
AlbumAlbum   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   My Wants ListMy Wants List   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
Negative Feedback on eBay
Goto page Previous  1, 2

Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Football Programme Forum Index -> Shirt Collecting/Other Football Memorabilia
View previous topic :: View next topic  
DySporting

PostPosted: Mon Feb 25, 2019 11:07 am 
Post subject:

eBay is what it is, yes there are some chancers but the vast majority of buyers are great. I’ve sold almost 28000 items on eBay and I have 1 negative feedback because the item didn’t arrive, despite having proof of postage. My gripe would be that if people leave negative feedback then they have to give the buyer a chance to rectify any problems.
daiward

PostPosted: Mon Feb 25, 2019 4:54 pm 
Post subject:

DySporting you are another buyer who has been let down with just that one unjustified negative. How many more out there just pass it off as not a problem? So no pressure on eBay over this imbalance between Buyers & Sellers. They may be a global concern but it is still a giant boot sale after all with all the attributes of what to expect from buyers after a bargain. Some of them to sell on at a profit. As a buyer I will admit to doing just that but would never consider dissing a seller unless they really deserved it. So as a seller when I am dissed for no good reason am I supposed to turn the other cheek as Tynie appears to be able to do Again that lets eBay off. We take the grief as they receive so few complaints. And I hate that injustice. It should matter to ALL of us.
Tynie ‘our odd little hobby’ is a multi-million pound seller when all added up. Go tell that to the Man United collectors. A naïve statement if there has ever been one about ‘our hobby’. So yes eBay need to ‘learn’ more about it.
And yes life is short but if you do not strive against injustice in your lifetime then you have let all the rest down, including those who have suffered because of our sadly lost trade unions.
Yes I do go on Tynie but at least my conscience is clear. (Gavin Murtagh Djumbola on Amazon)
Tynie Topics

PostPosted: Mon Feb 25, 2019 5:17 pm 
Post subject:

daiward wrote:
DySporting you are another buyer who has been let down with just that one unjustified negative. How many more out there just pass it off as not a problem? So no pressure on eBay over this imbalance between Buyers & Sellers. They may be a global concern but it is still a giant boot sale after all with all the attributes of what to expect from buyers after a bargain. Some of them to sell on at a profit. As a buyer I will admit to doing just that but would never consider dissing a seller unless they really deserved it. So as a seller when I am dissed for no good reason am I supposed to turn the other cheek as Tynie appears to be able to do Again that lets eBay off. We take the grief as they receive so few complaints. And I hate that injustice. It should matter to ALL of us.
Tynie ‘our odd little hobby’ is a multi-million pound seller when all added up. Go tell that to the Man United collectors. A naïve statement if there has ever been one about ‘our hobby’. So yes eBay need to ‘learn’ more about it.
And yes life is short but if you do not strive against injustice in your lifetime then you have let all the rest down, including those who have suffered because of our sadly lost trade unions.
Yes I do go on Tynie but at least my conscience is clear. (Gavin Murtagh Djumbola on Amazon)

Clearly someone has left you negative feedback and you've completely lost the plot over it and are taking it out on this forum's members. It's no big deal, seriously.

eBay makes $Billions a year, so yes, a few $million (a total guess) from an odd little past time such as programme collecting won't even register, and what will register even less is a handful of complaints from programme collectors. Looking at the last report revenue figure, $3m of revenue would be 0.03%

eBay UK is the only eBay site which actually has a specific programme section, the rest of their global sites don't, or at least it's wrapped up under general sports memorabilia because outside of the UK it's pretty small beer as a hobby.

Let it go Confused
daiward

PostPosted: Mon Feb 25, 2019 6:14 pm 
Post subject:

Tynie It is only because of your kind who obviously love eBay to such an extent that the rest of us have to suffer. My only hope is that that they diss you one day. And that is my final word.
Tynie Topics

PostPosted: Mon Feb 25, 2019 6:42 pm 
Post subject:

daiward wrote:
Tynie It is only because of your kind who obviously love eBay to such an extent that the rest of us have to suffer. My only hope is that that they diss you one day. And that is my final word.

"your kind"? "suffer"? get a grip, don't use ebay would be my advice Wave
daiward

PostPosted: Sat Mar 02, 2019 5:01 pm 
Post subject:

What I have learned in my varied lifetime are those who you can deal with and those who are maybe a little special.

Your goodbyes say everything about you.
PhilWBA

PostPosted: Sat Mar 02, 2019 6:48 pm 
Post subject:

Brought something off a seller recently, decent feedback, only 2 neutrals in the past 12 months, one for an item that went missing and another for something that he sold but then found he didn't have.

Brought the item which cost me £1.49, postage was £2.99 which seems high but I thought we'll see , maybe it will be sent signed for !!

Item came in board backed envelope with large letter stamp so £1.01 plus say 50p for envelope so £1.51 at most. Contacted seller asking why the high costs and just got mouthful of abuse back along the lines of "you saw the cost, no-one else has a problem" so I asked him politely for a partial refund of £1.25 as despite it stating the cost I expected something more if he was doubling what it actually cost only to get back that I was now threatening him and he would report me to eBay and then get any feedback removed.

I didn't reply, just waited the 7 days before I could leave neutral, didn't leave negative as was happy with the item etc just not the postage cost. Leave neutral stating "seller overcharges on p&p, refuses to refund". Checked today and he has had it removed, phoned eBay who couldn't tell me why it was removed as it seemed fine and they would listen to the call and pass it to a manager to review.

This is why it appears no-one else has a problem with his costs as anyone that does complain he whines to eBay about it.
Tynie Topics

PostPosted: Sat Mar 02, 2019 7:28 pm 
Post subject:

daiward wrote:
What I have learned in my varied lifetime are those who you can deal with and those who are maybe a little special.

Your goodbyes say everything about you.

Always with the insults, no wonder you get left negative feedback Laughing
slightfold

PostPosted: Sat Mar 02, 2019 8:11 pm 
Post subject:

Well Phil, surely what the total cost of a single item is what matters? If you can see that the postage cost is high but the item price is low, then deduct what you consider the excess to be, and add it to the item cost to decide if you think it is worth buying! Sometimes a high postage cost can put people off and you might get a better price than you would have if the costs were more reasonable.
Again I am with you that I don't like postage rip- off merchants either, but you cannot really complain if you bid knowing what that cost is. Now if we want to talk about the far worse crime of not combining postage costs then that really pisses me off.
Paul Johnson

PostPosted: Sat Mar 02, 2019 9:17 pm 
Post subject:

PhilWBA wrote:
Brought something off a seller recently, decent feedback, only 2 neutrals in the past 12 months, one for an item that went missing and another for something that he sold but then found he didn't have.

Brought the item which cost me £1.49, postage was £2.99 which seems high but I thought we'll see , maybe it will be sent signed for !!

Item came in board backed envelope with large letter stamp so £1.01 plus say 50p for envelope so £1.51 at most. Contacted seller asking why the high costs and just got mouthful of abuse back along the lines of "you saw the cost, no-one else has a problem" so I asked him politely for a partial refund of £1.25 as despite it stating the cost I expected something more if he was doubling what it actually cost only to get back that I was now threatening him and he would report me to eBay and then get any feedback removed.

I didn't reply, just waited the 7 days before I could leave neutral, didn't leave negative as was happy with the item etc just not the postage cost. Leave neutral stating "seller overcharges on p&p, refuses to refund". Checked today and he has had it removed, phoned eBay who couldn't tell me why it was removed as it seemed fine and they would listen to the call and pass it to a manager to review.

This is why it appears no-one else has a problem with his costs as anyone that does complain he whines to eBay about it.

that's why all my listings are post free then buyers cant complain
Auchinleckian
Forum Moderator

PostPosted: Sat Mar 02, 2019 10:47 pm 
Post subject:

slightfold wrote:
Well Phil, surely what the total cost of a single item is what matters? If you can see that the postage cost is high but the item price is low, then deduct what you consider the excess to be, and add it to the item cost to decide if you think it is worth buying! Sometimes a high postage cost can put people off and you might get a better price than you would have if the costs were more reasonable.
Again I am with you that I don't like postage rip- off merchants either, but you cannot really complain if you bid knowing what that cost is. Now if we want to talk about the far worse crime of not combining postage costs then that really pisses me off.

If I win more than one item from anybody I always ask for combined postage, and most of them give it to be fair. I only had one who point blank refused to do so, so I told him to shove his programmes as he'd billed me wih about £8 postage for something that wouldn't cost more than £1.30.

Had another who when asked for combined postage on four programmes I'd bought with £1.30 postage each, he sent me an invoice for postage at £4 not £5.20. When I emailed him back saying I wanted the postage combined not slightly lowered he didn't like it one bit - but did so after I told him the programmes would stay with him otherwise. Needless to say he doesn't let me bid on his items any more. His loss, I see a number of things I'd have bid on that didn't attract any bidders.
daiward

PostPosted: Sun Mar 03, 2019 4:37 pm 
Post subject:

Thanks again to those who sent a pm with supportive advice including not allowing myself to be dragged to the level of certain others. I should have heeded that good advice.

I started this thread as I was dismayed over receiving a negative for no good reason and angry that eBay turned a blind eye once again. I accepted a best offer BIN from a buyer. I had to send two reminders for payment as I had heard nothing for several days. I eventually get paid but the buyer sends later that day a wind-up message hoping that I would be as efficient in posting as I had been with my reminders. I had already posted the item and so simply remarked in a reply asking did he deserve such fast posting? He then left the negative and also later accompanied it with a message with a snivelling self-righteous load of claptrap saying how hurt he was. I replied saying that he had made me the injured party to which he went into another bout of self-pitying spiel (obviously not the full-ticket) so I decided to leave it at that and contact eBay. No sympathy there which echoes the views of certain parties on here who believe that they too have been insulted and leave silly laughing faces as a response. How much of a wind-up is that? Anyway I’m done with it. I will follow the wise advice given of by others.
Tynie Topics

PostPosted: Sun Mar 03, 2019 5:00 pm 
Post subject:

Is that your final final, or are we to be treated to a final final final? I'm sure your inbox will be bursting with supportive messages, aye right Laughing
daiward

PostPosted: Sun Mar 03, 2019 5:27 pm 
Post subject:

Am I not right? Aye I am completely right.
Tynie Topics

PostPosted: Sun Mar 03, 2019 6:08 pm 
Post subject:

daiward wrote:
Am I not right? Aye I am completely right.

Wahay!!! Laughing
| More
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Football Programme Forum Index -> Shirt Collecting/Other Football Memorabilia All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: