Football Programmes Centre

Chelsea Postponed Programme 1974
AlbumAlbum   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   My Wants ListMy Wants List   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
Chelsea Postponed Programme 1974

Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Football Programme Forum Index -> Rare Football Programmes and Prices
View previous topic :: View next topic  
gatfb

PostPosted: Mon Jan 28, 2019 2:54 pm 
Post subject: Chelsea Postponed Programme 1974

I found the post below on a Facebook Chelsea site. I make no comment apart from the guy must mean Chelsea v Sheff United 1974 League game and not a cup game.

'I was out with my mates yesterday. One of them Martin, collects programs.

He was on eBay a while ago and a bloke was selling 15 Chelsea programs from 1974-76 for a fiver. He put in a bid of £15 as he thought he could sell a few of them and make a couple of bob. In the list of what games they were it said ‘Sheff Utd + 1 other’. My mate has around 5-6 thousand programs but does also have a couple of gaps. He won the bid.

A couple of days later the programs turn up. My mate flicks through them and the ‘1 other’ feel out.

It is a program from a Chelsea v Sheff Utd postponed cup game in 1974/5. It is very rare. He told a couple of collectors that he knows and has now turned down an offer for it of... £5,000.

Check your lofts lads!'
kilfie58

PostPosted: Mon Jan 28, 2019 6:18 pm 
Post subject: Re: Chelsea Postponed Programme 1974

gatfb wrote:
I found the post below on a Facebook Chelsea site. I make no comment apart from the guy must mean Chelsea v Sheff United 1974 League game and not a cup game.

'I was out with my mates yesterday. One of them Martin, collects programs.

He was on eBay a while ago and a bloke was selling 15 Chelsea programs from 1974-76 for a fiver. He put in a bid of £15 as he thought he could sell a few of them and make a couple of bob. In the list of what games they were it said ‘Sheff Utd + 1 other’. My mate has around 5-6 thousand programs but does also have a couple of gaps. He won the bid.

A couple of days later the programs turn up. My mate flicks through them and the ‘1 other’ feel out.

It is a program from a Chelsea v Sheff Utd postponed cup game in 1974/5. It is very rare. He told a couple of collectors that he knows and has now turned down an offer for it of... £5,000.

Check your lofts lads!'

Hello gatfb,

Thanks for this posting. I saw that posting as well, and added to it with my copy of a photo of part of the front cover.

Personally, I sincerely doubt that an offer of £5,000 is realistic.. However, it may indeed have happened. Had I been one to sell this programme, and had been offered £5000, I would have bitten the buyers hand off! I'd say a more realistic price of £1000-£1500 is right, personally, depending on quality of said programme.

Best wishes

Kilfie58
| More
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Football Programme Forum Index -> Rare Football Programmes and Prices All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: