Football Programmes Centre

THE GIANT NEW YEAR PROGRAMME FAIR
AlbumAlbum   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   My Wants ListMy Wants List   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
THE GIANT NEW YEAR PROGRAMME FAIR

Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Football Programme Forum Index -> Upcoming Football Programme Fairs. In honour of Gordon Bennett. RIP
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Sprogs

PostPosted: Sat Dec 08, 2018 10:50 am 
Post subject: THE GIANT NEW YEAR PROGRAMME FAIR

London’s big annual event THE GIANT NEW YEAR PROGRAMME FAIR takes place on Sunday 6 January at the Royal National Hotel London WC1H 0DG.

Open 10.30am until 4.00pm. Admission is £1.50.

Easy to get to and easy to park. Russell Square Station is opposite and the hotel’s Galleon Suite is at ground level. There is free parking in the adjacent roads. No congestion charge on a Sunday either.

Once again featuring many of the country’s leading dealers, including Chris Williams from Sportingold, who will be happy to give advice on auctioning any of your rarer items, or not in the case of glossy Ipswich reprints.

There are no vacancies as all of the available dealers will be there once again, but we may be able to squeeze in one non-programme seller. Further info from [email protected]

More news and a full dealer list will follow. Easy
Geordie Ian

PostPosted: Sun Dec 09, 2018 6:31 pm 
Post subject:

Any spare places.
Sprogs

PostPosted: Sun Dec 09, 2018 6:44 pm 
Post subject: THE GIANT NEW YEAR PROGRAMME FAIR 6 January question

Hello Ian

As mentioned above we can probably fit in a non-programme dealer - what do you sell?
Westwardprogs

PostPosted: Thu Dec 20, 2018 9:08 pm 
Post subject:

I shall be standing at is the NEW YEAR FOOTBALL PROGRAMME & MEMORABILIA FAIR on SUNDAY JANUARY 6 at Royal National Hotel, Bedford Way, London WC1H 0DG (10.30am-4pm).

As a relatively new dealer, of only just over six years standing, I try to cover all aspects of second-hand programme collecting: Big Matches (Internationals, Finals and Semis); A decent range from virtually all League clubs in England and Scotland plus a few from Ireland (although with a slight bias for West Country clubs as I am based in Plymouth).
NB: I've recently added lots of 1940's and 50's Chelsea homes plus 1950's Arsenal and Spurs homes.

I shall also have a wide range of over 400 English and Scottish Non-League Clubs programmes with me, including v League Clubs in the FA Cup and in Friendlies, (again with a slight bias for West Country Clubs); plus a range of Testimonial Matches, Reserve and Youth team programmes and Teamsheets.

Because I travel widely throughout the country attending Fairs, often buying more programmes than I sell, I am constantly replenishing my stock, so collectors often find something on my stand that they are looking for!

If any collectors wish me to bring any specific items to this Fair, please contact me by email on or (preferably) before Friday January 4 (as I shall be driving up from Plymouth on the Saturday): [email protected]. Or phone 07543-845396.

WILL BE BUYING ON THE DAY: CONTACT ME VIA EMAIL OR PHONE

Last edited by Westwardprogs on Thu Dec 20, 2018 11:46 pm; edited 1 time in total
se20blue

PostPosted: Thu Dec 20, 2018 9:38 pm 
Post subject:

Gordon, have you got your dates mixed up again ?
Westwardprogs

PostPosted: Fri Dec 21, 2018 10:54 am 
Post subject:

Have edited my earlier post to correct the date.
Thanks for pointing out my error - old age does not come alone!
I look forward to meeting many Members at the Fair on SUNDAY JANUARY 6!
Sprogs

PostPosted: Sat Dec 22, 2018 4:51 pm 
Post subject:

Here is the full list of dealers at the upcoming GIANT NEW YEAR FAIR on Sunday 6 January.

Unprecedented demand means that there are over 60 tables, once again ensuring you will see many old and rare items, unusual European aways and friendlies from a host of different clubs, handbooks and other miscellaneous items plus a great selection from this season.

Chris Williams from Sportingold will be bringing another display of ultra rare programmes, plus news of forthcoming auctions. Chris will also be delighted to offer advice about programme values and how much you might expect to get in a future auction sale.

Tom Roe’s large stand will have some more fascinating memorabilia - much of which you will never see for sale anywhere else, while around the Galleon Suite there will be the usual great selection of bargain bundles, plus brochures, annuals, magazines and the self-explanatory Terry’s Badges.

Every available dealer has renewed. Unfortunately Elmo Books will not be there this time due to a family occasion but we welcome Legends Publishing with some highly detailed Club histories etc. They will provide an excellent complement to Ian Nannestad’s excellent Soccer History magazine.

Our many regulars will know that the venue is so easy to find and unless you are planning to stay overnight is all on the flat. It is just over the road from Russell Square Underground station, or if you are coming by car (a good idea if practical as most of the dealers will be pleased to purchase your spare items) you can park right outside for free as there are no restrictions on a Sunday in the vicinity of the Royal National Hotel - which also has a vast underground car park.

It's pretty much a must for everyone able to get there. After the event, you are just a few minutes away London’s West End.

If you do plan to stay on in London, hotel room rates will be relatively reasonable at this time of year. If you fancy staying at the Royal National itself, it is a very popular tourist venue with over 1600 rooms - making it the largest in London.

Season’s Greetings to everyone on the Forum - and here’s wishing you a very Happy (Giant) New Year!

*IAN WILSON PROGRAMMES

*JOHN DEE

*BARRY DIXEY

*ELLIS PROGRAMMES

*footballprogrammes.com DAVID ALLEN

*MARTIN SILVERMAN

*LEGENDS PUBLISHING

*MARTIN LANE

*NWM FOOTBALL

*PROGRAMME MONTHLY

*TOM ROE

*TAYLOR PROGRAMMES

*MARTIN SCOTT

*SOCCER HISTORY MAGAZINE

*SOUTHERNPROGS

*KEVIN TRIVETT

*CHRIS WILLIAMS/SPORTINGOLD AUCTIONS

*TREVOR JONES SPURS COLLECTABLES

*TERRY'S BADGES

*WESTWARD PROGRAMMES
footballprogrammes.com

PostPosted: Fri Jan 04, 2019 4:06 pm 
Post subject:

As the New Year fair coincides with the magical third round of the FA Cup weekend the Programme Promotions stand will feature a backboard display of vintage Cup tie programmes from the 1940s and early 1950s from all clubs. In addition we will also have over 1,000 pre 1955 league programmes from every club. Our regular customers at the London fairs will already know that we only sell superb condition programmes on our stall with no handwriting or any defects.

We will also be offering a huge new collection of first and last game in the league programmes plus loads of ground opening/closing special edition issues.

We have continued our policy of selling off all the unsold stock from our previous fair in cheap bundles so therefore all the stock in boxes on my stand will be completely different to that displayed at the last Premier Fair in June 2018.

This will include over 1,000 'new to stock' 1960's programmes, all in excellent condition available at £2 each.

We will also have hundreds of different Non-League clubs from £1 each, Charles Buchan’s magazines from the early 1950s to 1971 starting at £2 each plus the usual selection of big match finals, internationals, bargain bundles etc...

We will also have all the latest current season big match available plus all the end of last season big match finals etc. NB It is advisable to contact me to reserve any of these you require to pick up on the day to avoid disappointment. Due to the size and weight we can only bring limited quantities of the large size big match issues for display on the stand.

I know it is short notice but should any forum member like to view any items listed on the www.footballprogrammes.com website then please either email [email protected] or drop me a PM by 3pm Saturday with details of what you would like me to bring along and I will be happy to do so.

Finally, may I wish all customers and Forum visitors a happy, prosperous & healthy New year!

I look forward to seeing those of you who are attending the fair at the Royal National hotel on Sunday.
| More
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Football Programme Forum Index -> Upcoming Football Programme Fairs. In honour of Gordon Bennett. RIP All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: