Football Programmes Centre

Why do people overpay for easy to find items on Ebay?
AlbumAlbum   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   My Wants ListMy Wants List   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
Why do people overpay for easy to find items on Ebay?

Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Football Programme Forum Index -> Queries About Football Programmes
View previous topic :: View next topic  
dereksuffolk

PostPosted: Fri Dec 07, 2018 6:18 pm 
Post subject: Why do people overpay for easy to find items on Ebay?

I was just looking at a search for sold Ipswich programmes on Ebay. I see today someone paid £4.99 plus £1 postage for a 1959/60 Aston Villa v Ipswich programme with rusty staples and stains. Others have the same item at 99p plus £1 postage in good condition. I have seen this before and always wonder why someone would buy without doing a quick search of other prices. Have others noticed this? Is it the way Ebay drive the searches to business sellers listing huge numbers of programmes?
Dorking

PostPosted: Fri Dec 07, 2018 6:24 pm 
Post subject:

Impulse purchase is the best explanation, they find what has popped into their mind, they are happy with that price, job done.

It's why corner shops sell crisps and chocolate at double the price of the supermarket next door, sometimes you just want the first thing you see.
manchesterunitedman1

PostPosted: Fri Dec 07, 2018 7:15 pm 
Post subject:

good point Dorking, but i favour the not got a clue scenario Laughing

Wave

To see 19,900++ original items relating to Newton Heath & Manchester Utd 1878-2023 then visit www.flickr.com/photos/manchesterunitedman1/sets to see entire uploads.

1000's more images to be uploaded, to view the latest uploads go to www.flickr.com/photos/manchesterunitedman1/

Click any images 21 MILLION views to date to the Flickr site since 2007 growing every day. New Uploads weekly. Thank You to one & all for visiting!
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website My Wants List
Dorking

PostPosted: Fri Dec 07, 2018 8:44 pm 
Post subject:

Sherlock
derby1884
Forum Moderator

PostPosted: Fri Dec 07, 2018 8:49 pm 
Post subject:

As a collector, I should know better, but if I've sunk the best part of a bottle of wine on a Friday night after a bugger of a week at work and then head for EBay, anything can happen Smile

Others too, perchance?
Dorking

PostPosted: Fri Dec 07, 2018 9:05 pm 
Post subject:

On the day that a new series of Match Attax cards come out, I just want to order them all, and there are so many listings all offering different combinations of the various cards, that after 5 minutes of my head spinning I just order whatever listing I see first as long as it comes out at a broadly sensible sort of price.

I haven't the patience to work out which seller works out cheapest when some do 3 for 2, others do 13 for 10, some do free postage and so on! I just want them ordered and am not too worried about saving every last penny
| More
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Football Programme Forum Index -> Queries About Football Programmes All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: