Football Programmes Centre

How low can some folk go?
AlbumAlbum   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   My Wants ListMy Wants List   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
How low can some folk go?

Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Football Programme Forum Index -> Football Programmes For Sale at Fixed Prices
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Auchinleckian
Forum Moderator

PostPosted: Sun Nov 11, 2018 7:25 pm 
Post subject: How low can some folk go?

The guy's hardly cold and yet here's someone blatantly trying to make a huge profit out of his death. I absolutely despise this.

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/LEICESTER-CITY-v-BURNLEY-10th-November-2018-OFFICIAL-PROGRAMME/123483690945?hash=item1cc03397c1:g:kAkAAOSwolpb5yX8
se20blue

PostPosted: Sun Nov 11, 2018 7:34 pm 
Post subject: Re: How low can some folk go?

Auchinleckian wrote:
The guy's hardly cold and yet here's someone blatantly trying to make a huge profit out of his death. I absolutely despise this.

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/LEICESTER-CITY-v-BURNLEY-10th-November-2018-OFFICIAL-PROGRAMME/123483690945?hash=item1cc03397c1:g:kAkAAOSwolpb5yX8

Have you read the following from the listing (if true)
Note that due to the nature of this programme, all profits from the sale of these programmes are being donated to charity
Auchinleckian
Forum Moderator

PostPosted: Sun Nov 11, 2018 7:52 pm 
Post subject:

I hadn't, and if it is genuine then I really do feel the charity ought to be named. I doubt they'd want to be linked to something like this, because whichever way you view it it's making money out of someone else's terrible misfortune?
farmersboy

PostPosted: Sun Nov 11, 2018 8:17 pm 
Post subject:

I was in Leicester on Saturday and passed by the ground, on my way to mighty Aylestone Park, I saw everybody clutching their white carrier bags. Travelling back with some Leicester fans later the bag contained a scarf and souvenir programme, among other things. I remember thinking at the time how long before they are on e-bay.

As the guy made his billions in trading in a country rife with corruption, I presume he would have understood. I wonder what the reaction of United fans would be if the Glazers perished in a similar way.
manchesterunitedman1

PostPosted: Sun Nov 11, 2018 8:45 pm 
Post subject:

farmersboy wrote:
I was in Leicester on Saturday and passed by the ground, on my way to mighty Aylestone Park, I saw everybody clutching their white carrier bags. Travelling back with some Leicester fans later the bag contained a scarf and souvenir programme, among other things. I remember thinking at the time how long before they are on e-bay.

As the guy made his billions in trading in a country rife with corruption, I presume he would have understood. I wonder what the reaction of United fans would be if the Glazers perished in a similar way.

A minor % who are without any intelligence anyway would react in a way that you would have expected, the majority I would feel would act in a dignified manner or so I would like to think so.

I suspect if you put this scenario to any number of clubs where managers and owners are either adored or abused you would get a similar response I guess.

Just my 2 pennies worth.....

Now if it's that Bastard who out bid me at the last Auction well...
Laughing Laughing

To see 19,900++ original items relating to Newton Heath & Manchester Utd 1878-2023 then visit www.flickr.com/photos/manchesterunitedman1/sets to see entire uploads.

1000's more images to be uploaded, to view the latest uploads go to www.flickr.com/photos/manchesterunitedman1/

Click any images 21 MILLION views to date to the Flickr site since 2007 growing every day. New Uploads weekly. Thank You to one & all for visiting!
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website My Wants List
manchesterunitedman1

PostPosted: Sun Nov 11, 2018 8:46 pm 
Post subject:

farmersboy wrote:

A minor % who are without any intelligence anyway would react in a way that you would have expected, the majority I would feel would act in a dignified manner or so I would like to think so.

I suspect if you put this scenario to any number of clubs where managers and owners are either adored or abused you would get a similar response I guess.

Just my 2 pennies worth.....

Now if it's that Bastard who out bid me at the last Auction well...
Laughing Laughing

To see 19,900++ original items relating to Newton Heath & Manchester Utd 1878-2023 then visit www.flickr.com/photos/manchesterunitedman1/sets to see entire uploads.

1000's more images to be uploaded, to view the latest uploads go to www.flickr.com/photos/manchesterunitedman1/

Click any images 21 MILLION views to date to the Flickr site since 2007 growing every day. New Uploads weekly. Thank You to one & all for visiting!
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website My Wants List
foxes1

PostPosted: Sun Nov 11, 2018 9:08 pm 
Post subject:

As a Leicester fan who was at the game these were given out free of charge, I think the Burnley fans at the game were also given free programmes.

As others have said you don't know what charity will benefit from it if any but there are always people out to make a quick buck which in this day and age is sad really.

It also goes in the face of all that Vichai stood for, no one knows how he made his money (Which goes for a lot of owners these days) but he was held in high regard in Leicester not only by football fans but by the city as a whole with donations to local hospitals / charities etc. and also he brought us a premiership title something we never thought would happen and won't again
goonerboy

PostPosted: Mon Nov 12, 2018 11:30 am 
Post subject:

I dont know the seller so have no basis to judge them but they do say proceeds go to charity and also there are likely a number of fans either in UK or abroad who would love a copy of the programme but couldn't be at the match. Also i do notice that the seller is not a football dealer but other items seem to be clothes and bric a brac. So not sure i see much wrong with selling that one item for charity. The former Leicester chairman may even admire their effort after all nobody gets that rich without being pretty hard nosed themselves.
Five and In

PostPosted: Mon Nov 12, 2018 12:58 pm 
Post subject: How low can some folk go?

I see there are loads of the bags that were given to fans on Saturday on Ebay now. Some have already attracted bids of over £300.
Opportunist? Yes.
Wrong? We will all have our own thoughts.
Personally, I think Vichai would have understood.
se20blue

PostPosted: Mon Nov 12, 2018 1:17 pm 
Post subject: Re: How low can some folk go?

Auchinleckian wrote:

This listing was ended by the seller because the item is no longer available.
| More
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Football Programme Forum Index -> Football Programmes For Sale at Fixed Prices All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: