Football Programmes Centre

eBay Again
AlbumAlbum   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   My Wants ListMy Wants List   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
eBay Again

Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Football Programme Forum Index -> Anything Goes Chit Chat
View previous topic :: View next topic  
hibernian

PostPosted: Thu Oct 11, 2018 10:10 am 
Post subject: eBay Again

A couple of days ago I sold a programme and buyers address was a click and collect point in Deal.
I never knew I even offered this option!
I checked over some of my current listings and was surprised to see that some offered the click and collect option and others didn’t.
After looking into it a bit further, it appears that this option is automatically added by eBay. You have to opt out if you don’t want to send by this method.
Nothing against click and collect ( unless you have to print the labels), but doesn’t explain how some of my listings do or don’t have the option.
Maybe forum sellers should check if they are also automatically enrolled in this method
Leigh Treymaine

PostPosted: Thu Oct 11, 2018 12:56 pm 
Post subject: Ebay again

Eric,
To check that you are not enrolled for click/collect, go to MY EBAY-ACCOUNT-SITE PREFERENCES- POSTAGE & PACKING PREFERENCES-OFFER CLICK & COLLECT. If it says YES go to EDIT on the far right hand side and CANCEL. This should ensure that all current and future listings do not offer click/collect.
Hope this helps.
Leigh
TheSorter!

PostPosted: Thu Oct 11, 2018 1:39 pm 
Post subject: Ebay again

Surely there's nothing easier than selling an item then posting it the old fashioned way! I don't know why Ebay have to complicate things Surprised
se20blue

PostPosted: Thu Oct 11, 2018 1:51 pm 
Post subject: Re: Ebay again

TheSorter! wrote:
Surely there's nothing easier than selling an item then posting it the old fashioned way! I don't know why Ebay have to complicate things Surprised

I am not one to defend Ebay but if you are the buyer and out at work all day
this option has its advantages (not for football programmes).
If you are the seller the disadvantage is if the buyer does not bother to collect,the item is returned and refunded costing the seller the original postage and PayPal 20p.
hibernian

PostPosted: Thu Oct 11, 2018 3:00 pm 
Post subject: Re: Ebay again

Leigh Treymaine wrote:
Eric,
To check that you are not enrolled for click/collect, go to MY EBAY-ACCOUNT-SITE PREFERENCES- POSTAGE & PACKING PREFERENCES-OFFER CLICK & COLLECT. If it says YES go to EDIT on the far right hand side and CANCEL. This should ensure that all current and future listings do not offer click/collect.
Hope this helps.
Leigh

Hi Leigh

Thanks. Yes I did that this morning so the option is no longer available. I just don't understand how some had click and collect and others didn't. No big deal in the big picture for me, others may feel differently
martino

PostPosted: Thu Oct 11, 2018 7:39 pm 
Post subject:

I have sent quite a few items to shops for collection, mainly Sainsbury's stores, with no problems.

If that is what the buyer wants to do then where is the problem? As has been said, if you are out at work all day then this is a good option.
Five and In

PostPosted: Fri Oct 12, 2018 6:54 am 
Post subject: eBay Again

martino wrote:
I have sent quite a few items to shops for collection, mainly Sainsbury's stores, with no problems.

If that is what the buyer wants to do then where is the problem? As has been said, if you are out at work all day then this is a good option.

I agree Martino.
I have sent loads of stuff mainly to Argos stores with no problems.
It's no different to sending an item to a works address if the buyer isn't at home during the day.
| More
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Football Programme Forum Index -> Anything Goes Chit Chat All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: