Football Programmes Centre

Terry Bone
AlbumAlbum   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   My Wants ListMy Wants List   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
Terry Bone

Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Football Programme Forum Index -> Anything Goes Chit Chat
View previous topic :: View next topic  
yachtsmun

PostPosted: Thu Oct 04, 2018 12:04 pm 
Post subject: Terry Bone

Just to let people know, Terry Bone (who posted on here and sold programmes too, I think under the name ‘President’) sadly passed away this week after an extended period of illness.

From what I understand, he was a terrific servant of Winchester City F.C., and a great enthusiast for our type of collecting in all its forms, especially with regards to the lower end of the football ladder.

R.I.P. Terry.
Five and In

PostPosted: Thu Oct 04, 2018 12:49 pm 

Sad news and thanks for letting us know yachtsmun.

I dealt with Terry on a few occasions and we had some good banter every time. Came across as a really nice guy.

RIP Mr President
Pete’s Picture Palace
Forum Moderator

PostPosted: Thu Oct 04, 2018 1:26 pm 
Post subject:

Yes, he came across as a lovely bloke with lots of interesting things to say - and to sell.

RIP Mr President
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website My Wants List
Auchinleckian
Forum Moderator

PostPosted: Thu Oct 04, 2018 2:27 pm 
Post subject:

Always sad to hear, and for me it always makes me question our own mortality.

RIP Terry.
1881Orient

PostPosted: Thu Oct 04, 2018 7:06 pm 
Post subject:

RIP Terry
manchesterunitedman1

PostPosted: Fri Oct 05, 2018 11:32 am 

I had never met or dealt with Terry but for those who did he seems like a good guy, so from myself also RIP.

Regarding mortality issues, i always think about going to a Funeral and everyone is quiet and philosophical listening to the words being spoken about whoever has passed, yet as soon as the Service concludes everyone has rushed off in high powered machines and to get back to the break neck speed off their own lives and all that was just spoken is noted but hardly ever acted upon, until the next time they go to a Funeral............

This is not cynical-it is life and there seems with most folks there is little or no time for any reflection.

Wave

To see 19,900++ original items relating to Newton Heath & Manchester Utd 1878-2023 then visit www.flickr.com/photos/manchesterunitedman1/sets to see entire uploads.

1000's more images to be uploaded, to view the latest uploads go to www.flickr.com/photos/manchesterunitedman1/

Click any images 21 MILLION views to date to the Flickr site since 2007 growing every day. New Uploads weekly. Thank You to one & all for visiting!
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website My Wants List
manchesterunitedman1

PostPosted: Fri Oct 05, 2018 11:33 am 

I had never met or dealt with Terry but for those who did he seems like a good guy, so from myself also RIP.

Regarding mortality issues, i always think about going to a Funeral and everyone is quiet and philosophical listening to the words being spoken about whoever has passed, yet as soon as the Service concludes everyone has rushed off in high powered machines and to get back to the break neck speed off their own lives and all that was just spoken is noted but hardly ever acted upon, until the next time they go to a Funeral............

This is not cynical-it is life and there seems with most folks there is little or no time for any reflection.

Wave

To see 19,900++ original items relating to Newton Heath & Manchester Utd 1878-2023 then visit www.flickr.com/photos/manchesterunitedman1/sets to see entire uploads.

1000's more images to be uploaded, to view the latest uploads go to www.flickr.com/photos/manchesterunitedman1/

Click any images 21 MILLION views to date to the Flickr site since 2007 growing every day. New Uploads weekly. Thank You to one & all for visiting!
Auchinleckian
Forum Moderator

PostPosted: Fri Oct 05, 2018 1:16 pm 
Post subject:

You're right Leslie, and we're both of an age - as I suspect many folk are on here - where we find going to funerals is becoming more and more prevalent as our peers pass on.

I have a funeral mid month, of my aunty, which now makes me the oldest surviving member of the family. It's quite a responsibility to have when you think that perhaps others in the family now look to you for advice and words of wisdom.
Paul Johnson

PostPosted: Fri Oct 05, 2018 3:46 pm 
Post subject:

RIP Terry.

Dealt with him a couple of times top bloke and will be sadly missed to the programme world
| More
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Football Programme Forum Index -> Anything Goes Chit Chat All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: