Football Programmes Centre

ebay - how can I revert back to seeing 200 lots per page?
AlbumAlbum   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   My Wants ListMy Wants List   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
ebay - how can I revert back to seeing 200 lots per page?
Goto page Previous  1, 2

Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Football Programme Forum Index -> Anything Goes Chit Chat
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Five and In

PostPosted: Tue Oct 02, 2018 5:31 am 
Post subject: ebay - how can I revert back to seeing 200 lots per page?

Pete’s Picture Palace wrote:
This is interesting and confusing as in my version of eBay, in the bit at the bottom offering "Items per page", it gives me 10, 25, 50, 75 or 100.
Confused

No problem changing the items visible. but mine gives me 25, 50, 100 or 200.

My first thought was that it was something to do with the kind of "shop" you have on Ebay as to how you can view your pages, but reading the previous comments it's clear that none of it makes any sense Confused
smk06

PostPosted: Tue Oct 02, 2018 6:52 am 
Post subject:

Could be an issue with your browser. Have you tried using both Internet Explorer and Google Chrome, and are they up to date? I have not experienced any eBay issues but occasionally some websites don't display correctly when I use Chrome.

Derby County home wants:
1982/83 Sunderland Fr (s/s)
Reds v Whites & Whites v Blues 1948-1957
1946/47 Arsenal post 5/2

Derby County away wants:
1968/69 Carlisle post 8/2/69
1946/47 Middlesbrough, Liverpool
1945/46 West Brom

Also looking for Guiseley home programmes pre-1980s.
Auchinleckian
Forum Moderator

PostPosted: Tue Oct 02, 2018 10:12 am 
Post subject:

se20blue wrote:
Auchinleckian wrote:
se20blue wrote:
Simple,
put in team you want to search go down to bottom right and click on 200 no problems.

I look out for many different types of programmes, not just one club.

How did you manage to get a list of 200 consisting of "many different types"?

I go through all the different genres of programmes, ie English league, non league, F A Cup, friendlies etc.
Auchinleckian
Forum Moderator

PostPosted: Tue Oct 02, 2018 10:17 am 
Post subject:

se20blue wrote:
Leigh Treymaine wrote:
The view box only gives an option of a gallery view ie. 3 items per section.

Leigh

If you click on the down arrow in the view box it should give you the list view.

Nothing happens when I click the arrow. I think I must have the ****ed up version of ebay!
bee007

PostPosted: Tue Oct 02, 2018 1:39 pm 
Post subject: ebay - how can I revert back to seeing 200 lots per page?

Strange but typing sports memorabilia followed by football memorabilia then clicking on Badges & Pins gives me 1-48 of 48,000 results and then clicking on view, only gives me gallery option and at the bottom of page 1-10. Then typing in search box supporters club(only badges I collect) I get 1,500 results, but clicking on view, I get gallery & customise options. At bottom of page I have the items per page option. Why does it do this on some catagories, but not others.
Leigh Treymaine

PostPosted: Tue Oct 02, 2018 2:14 pm 
Post subject:

That is the problem. It first started about 9 months ago on "other football programmes" which I check every 24 hours. 48 items per page with no facility to change. Some other categories have the option at the bottom of the page to change to 96, 150, 200 or whatever it is.However the static 48 item per page seems to be spreading to other categories which can be a bind at weekends when you maybe have to go through 25 pages of rubbish just to keep up.
se20blue

PostPosted: Tue Oct 02, 2018 2:39 pm 
Post subject:

Leigh Treymaine wrote:
That is the problem. It first started about 9 months ago on "other football programmes" which I check every 24 hours. 48 items per page with no facility to change. Some other categories have the option at the bottom of the page to change to 96, 150, 200 or whatever it is.However the static 48 item per page seems to be spreading to other categories which can be a bind at weekends when you maybe have to go through 25 pages of rubbish just to keep up.

When I put "other football programmes" into the box across the top I get a TOTAL of 67 items so no need for another page.
Pete’s Picture Palace
Forum Moderator

PostPosted: Tue Oct 02, 2018 3:00 pm 
Post subject:

se20blue wrote:
Leigh Treymaine wrote:

When I put "other football programmes" into the box across the top I get a TOTAL of 67 items so no need for another page.

Same here.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website My Wants List
se20blue

PostPosted: Tue Oct 02, 2018 3:13 pm 
Post subject:

Pete

Does your Ebay have any of the problems encountered by others here ?
GrestytheLion

PostPosted: Tue Oct 02, 2018 3:17 pm 
Post subject:

If I search badges which I do daily, I start on page 1 newly listed, normally 48k of items, turn my first page and it allows 50 per page and the total normally drops to between 33k - 38k, suddenly I have lost up to 15k of badges.

After speaking to eBay sometime ago on a different matter they had a number of updates being launched and supposed this was just one of them. A clever marketing tool to hide 15k of badges from ever being seen.
Pete’s Picture Palace
Forum Moderator

PostPosted: Tue Oct 02, 2018 3:18 pm 
Post subject:

Not that I know of - I use it in different ways I guess. I never search programmes, until just now. I usually search for Press Photos and when I type that into the top bar, it offers a drop down to "Football Memorabilia" which I accept and Football Memorabilia shows in the Categories (top right). And then I get the page options as I showed above, 10, 25, 50. 75, 100.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website My Wants List
se20blue

PostPosted: Tue Oct 02, 2018 4:05 pm 
Post subject:

GrestytheLion wrote:
If I search badges which I do daily, I start on page 1 newly listed, normally 48k of items, turn my first page and it allows 50 per page and the total normally drops to between 33k - 38k, suddenly I have lost up to 15k of badges.

After speaking to eBay sometime ago on a different matter they had a number of updates being launched and supposed this was just one of them. A clever marketing tool to hide 15k of badges from ever being seen.

If I put in badges I get 1,516,943 items,am I doing something wrong ?
Pete’s Picture Palace
Forum Moderator

PostPosted: Tue Oct 02, 2018 4:13 pm 
Post subject:

So did I but if you go back up to Categories and drop down and select Sports Memorabilia it reduces it to only 82,427 !!

But then I notice at the bottom of the page, instead of my usual options, I've got a drop down box offering 25, 50, 100 or 200 items per view.

I have no idea why it's different to the options I get on Press Photos.
Auchinleckian
Forum Moderator

PostPosted: Tue Oct 02, 2018 4:15 pm 
Post subject:

It would appear this is like the north west trains fiasco with nobody in charge. There are obviously discrepancies across the board with ebay users, and because it's such a huge organisation now they don't give a toss about items like this that might infuriate users as long as the money keeps rolling in. Their approach to "customer service" is appalling as well, so I don't find it at all surprising.
Leigh Treymaine

PostPosted: Tue Oct 02, 2018 4:53 pm 
Post subject:

A well known Scottish dealer told me a few years ago that he knew that
Ebay showed a different number of items in each category, depending on which part of the UK you lived.
He said the reason for this was something to do with Ebay being such a large operation and something about the servers capacity. Perhaps this is the cause of such discrepancies.
GrestytheLion

PostPosted: Tue Oct 02, 2018 5:05 pm 
Post subject:

Sorry, football badges in Football Memorabilia

se20blue wrote:
GrestytheLion wrote:

If I put in badges I get 1,516,943 items,am I doing something wrong ?
| More
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Football Programme Forum Index -> Anything Goes Chit Chat All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: