Football Programmes Centre

Corinthians or Casuals picture 1890's ?
AlbumAlbum   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   My Wants ListMy Wants List   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
Corinthians or Casuals picture 1890's ?

Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Football Programme Forum Index -> Anything Goes Chit Chat
View previous topic :: View next topic  
ramsfan7

PostPosted: Fri Apr 29, 2016 2:15 pm 
Post subject: Corinthians or Casuals picture 1890's ?

This team group was taken at Derby's Racecourse Ground at some point before 1895 when the club moved to The Baseball Ground. The Corinthian Casuals were regular visitors to play friendly matches and I want to see if anyone can definitely identify them as such or any other team- I'm 99.99% confident it is not a Derby County team.

cheers all

Last edited by ramsfan7 on Fri Apr 29, 2016 2:49 pm; edited 1 time in total
Pete’s Picture Palace
Forum Moderator

PostPosted: Fri Apr 29, 2016 2:41 pm 
Post subject:

Corinthian FC and Casuals FC were 2 separate clubs till they merged in 1939. Corinthian were formed in 1882 and Casuals a year later.

Corinthian only played friendlies till the 1920's and I think usually wore white. Real Madrid adopted their colours. The 1896-7 team is below:-

While they only played friendlies, it's worth mentioning that they inflicted the record defeat on Manchester United, 11-3, in 1904.

So in your picture it's more likely to be the Casuals who wore pink and chocolate halves and played more competitively through the 80's and 90's. But whether it is them, or not, is another matter. Can't help there, I'm afraid.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website My Wants List
Rocky

PostPosted: Fri Apr 29, 2016 5:08 pm 
Post subject: Re: Corinthians or Casuals picture 1890's ?

ramsfan7 wrote:
This team group was taken at Derby's Racecourse Ground at some point before 1895 when the club moved to The Baseball Ground. The Corinthian Casuals were regular visitors to play friendly matches and I want to see if anyone can definitely identify them as such or any other team- I'm 99.99% confident it is not a Derby County team.

cheers all

I've dropped you an email with the name of a Corinthians contact who may be able to help.
Thumbs Up
ramsfan7

PostPosted: Fri Apr 29, 2016 7:02 pm 
Post subject:

Thanks for the email - I am already in contact with them and they do think it may be a Casuals team but waiting for confirmation.
Just wanted to throw it out to a wider audience in case it comes back as a negative reply.

I'll let you know
ramsfan7

PostPosted: Sun Sep 23, 2018 4:33 pm 
Post subject: unknown team

I'm revisiting this unknown team...anyone shed any light on who they might be, or identify any individuals. Blenkiron has been mentioned as one possible
| More
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Football Programme Forum Index -> Anything Goes Chit Chat All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: