Football Programmes Centre

10 FAIRS BETWEEN NOW & NEW YEAR
AlbumAlbum   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   My Wants ListMy Wants List   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
10 FAIRS BETWEEN NOW & NEW YEAR

Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Football Programme Forum Index -> Upcoming Football Programme Fairs. In honour of Gordon Bennett. RIP
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Westwardprogs

PostPosted: Thu Sep 13, 2018 1:37 pm 
Post subject: 10 FAIRS BETWEEN NOW & NEW YEAR

Between now and the New Year, I shall have stands at the following 10 Programme & Memorabilia Fairs.
If anyone has any specific requests for me to bring items to any of these events, please email me on [email protected]

Sunday October 7: West London Fair: St Stephens Church Hall, Emperor's Gate, Kensington,SW7 4HJ (1.30am-1.30pm),
Sunday October 14: Accrington Stanley Fair, Sports Bar, Accrington Stanley FC, Livingstone Road, BB5 5BX (10.30am-1.30pm)
Sunday October 21: Derby Fair, Nunsfield House Community Association, Boulton Lane, Alvaston, DE24 0FD (10.30am-1pm).
Sunday October 28: Leeds Fair, Billy's Bar, South Stand, Elland Road, LS11 0ES (10.30am-1.30pm).
Sunday November 4: AFC Wimbledon Fair, Kingsmeadow Stadium, Jack Goodchild Way (422 Kingston Road), KT1 3PB 10.30am-1.30pm.
Sunday November 11: Bradford Park Avenue Fair: Social Club, Horsfall Stadium, Cemetery Road, BD4 2NG, 10am-1pm
Sunday November 18: Bury Fair: Bury FC, Gigg Lane, Bury BL9 9HR (10.30am-1.30pm)
Sunday December 2: West London Fair: St Stephens Church Hall, Emperor's Gate, Kensington,SW7 4HJ (1.30am-1.30pm),
Sunday December 9: Leeds Fair: Billy's Bar, South Stand, Elland Road, LS11 0ES (10.30am-1.30pm).
Sunday December 30: Sheffield Fair: Ballroom, Royal Victoria Hotel, Victoria Station Road, S1 2AU (11am-2pm),
slugger

PostPosted: Thu Sep 13, 2018 6:54 pm 
Post subject: Fairs

Gordon

Still no sign of a fair in Wales?!

John
goonerboy

PostPosted: Thu Sep 13, 2018 7:21 pm 
Post subject:

Any info on the dealers stalling at the Derby fair ?
Westwardprogs

PostPosted: Thu Sep 13, 2018 8:21 pm 
Post subject:

Suggestions for a suitable venue for a Fair in Wales would be welcomed.
Also wanted are volunteers to take stands as traders.
Jamesy1926

PostPosted: Fri Sep 14, 2018 11:52 pm 
Post subject:

I’d love a fair in Wales, by the time you factor in travel costs to get to other fairs, it’s actually cheaper to stay home and buy online.
Westwardprogs

PostPosted: Sat Sep 15, 2018 6:19 am 
Post subject:

Please suggest a suitable venue in Wales.
Also need some volunteer traders to attend.
slugger

PostPosted: Sat Sep 15, 2018 8:02 am 
Post subject: Welsh Fair

Gordon

There hasn’t been a fair in Wales for at least 10 years as far as I’m aware in the south of the country.

In the past, venues have included Newport Leisure Centre, Newport Stadium (Spytty) and the Marriott Hotel in Cardiff.

None of these may be available or cost-effective now, but possibly worth exploring.

I’m sure there are other possibilities that forum members could suggest.

I would support as a trader.

Cheers

John
Auchinleckian
Forum Moderator

PostPosted: Sat Sep 15, 2018 10:21 am 
Post subject:

Why not do what has worked well for us in Scotland? When we'd had no fairs for nearly ten years because of an apathy by the established dealers I started up my own fair at Auchinleck Talbot. This November we are having our fifth annual one. It works because nobody's greedy - venue is small, it's the club that that gets any profit from rental of stalls, and stallholders are all very keen collectors with excess programmes as opposed to full time dealers.

We keep stall rental low - it's been just £15 since we started - and that encourages folk to maybe have a go as it means they'll not be losing much, especially if they live within say a 50 mile radius.

I know of a good number of such folk from dealings I've had a with fellow countrymen from Wales over the years, as well as dealers, so it only takes someone to take up the mantle and get it organised. I helped to set up the Accrington Stanley Fair along with Nick and it is now a regular feature on fairs in the north west.

Find out which collectors have access to a local non league club, who have a semi decent social facility and you have your venue. Let the club know you want to do it and they will then have their well established links to the local press so you can get a decent feature done on it for nothing, rather than paying exorbitant advertising rates.

If you want any further info just let me know?
| More
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Football Programme Forum Index -> Upcoming Football Programme Fairs. In honour of Gordon Bennett. RIP All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: