Football Programmes Centre

New / Revised Derby County Badge Site
AlbumAlbum   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   My Wants ListMy Wants List   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
New / Revised Derby County Badge Site

Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Football Programme Forum Index -> Badge Collectors Section
View previous topic :: View next topic  
RipleyRams

PostPosted: Fri Feb 19, 2010 7:22 pm 
Post subject: New / Revised Derby County Badge Site

Hi everyone, I have now managed to sort out a domain name and I have got some free hosting courtesy of my uncle Very Happy As such, my new site can be found at www.ramsbadges.co.uk

www.ramsbadges.webeden.co.uk still exists but it just contains a link to my new site.

I hope you like what you see and don't hesitate to get in touch if you want a link adding etc.

All the Best

Paul
RipleyRams

PostPosted: Sat Feb 20, 2010 9:51 am 
Post subject:

Sorry to post again but if you want to view the web site, you best do so as I am unsure how long it will be up and running for.

Basically, I have received an e-mail from some jumped up solicitor in America representing the Dodge / Chysler corporation giving me 28 days to close my site prior to further action being taken Shocked

Believe me, you have never read anything like it. The e-mail goes on to suggest my site is a portal for selling fake Dodge RAM merchandise and that they find my copies of their logo amateurish Very Happy

No offence to any American visitors, but what gives them the right to think they own the world Mad

I have told them exactly where to go, but I cannot afford to get into a legal battle over a web site that I have set up for £5 and was only set up as a portal to display my badge collection.
Footiebadgebloke

PostPosted: Sat Feb 20, 2010 10:49 am 
Post subject:

Blimey. what assho!es!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Did you tell them that Derby County have always been known as The Rams and were founded in 1884 and then ask them when exactlty was Chrysler founded and when the Ram brand came into issue.
RipleyRams

PostPosted: Sat Feb 20, 2010 12:22 pm 
Post subject:

FBB, I certainly did inform them of Derby County Football Club and that its nickname of 'The Rams' was around long before they invented the Dodge RAM.

To be honest, the more I read their e-mail and after having reviewed their web site, I can see no avenue by which they can legally force the site to be closed down. Although they may have the worldwide rights to RAM (with a specific logo), I can see nothing to suggest they own the rights to RamsBadges. Sherlock

I have asked them for proof of any claim they have to the name RamsBadges and await their response.

Worst case, I will set up a new domain name and simply transfer the web site. However, I will not do this without pushing it as far as I can. I will be giving the PR dept. of the UK offices of Chrysler a call on Monday to give them a piece of my mind. Laughing
Footiebadgebloke

PostPosted: Sun Feb 21, 2010 11:12 am 
Post subject:

I would also make it clear on the index page, with a breif history lesson about the Derby County Foootball Club been formed (1884) and founder football league members (1899)
also
a Disclaimer - something like
Thie website is solely and 100% dedicated to my collection of Derby County Football Club badges/pins and no other brand or product type.
RipleyRams

PostPosted: Sun Feb 21, 2010 3:47 pm 
Post subject:

Andy

Sent you a PM.

I will certainly add the disclaimer and add a page about Derby County to avoid any future issues Thumbs Up .

Regards

Paul
| More
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Football Programme Forum Index -> Badge Collectors Section All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: