Football Programmes Centre

Porto v Penarol Toyota Cup
AlbumAlbum   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   My Wants ListMy Wants List   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
Porto v Penarol Toyota Cup

Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Football Programme Forum Index -> Queries About Football Programmes
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Markyboy

PostPosted: Tue Jul 31, 2018 1:59 pm 
Post subject: Porto v Penarol Toyota Cup

I have picked up a copy of this programme in a box I have purchased. I notice on ebay that there is an original and a re print....It looks like the re print has a white border round it and the original doesnt. Is there any other way to tell the difference?
overlap

PostPosted: Tue Jul 31, 2018 3:10 pm 
Post subject:

The original is perfect bound, ie with a broad spine, and I believe the reprints do not have a spine.
Also I believe the reprint has many fewer pages, with a lot of the advert pages removed.
The original pagination from memory is around 100 pages.
The original obviously does not have a white border either.

Also, the 1983 Toyota Cup original programmes are also the ones that are most likely to be in less than pristine condition, as there was a snowstorm on the match day, and many have some scuffs, wearing, minor folds on them etc as they were stuffed inside pockets, coats, bags etc.
Markyboy

PostPosted: Tue Jul 31, 2018 3:18 pm 
Post subject:

overlap wrote:
The original is perfect bound, ie with a broad spine, and I believe the reprints do not have a spine.
Also I believe the reprint has many fewer pages, with a lot of the advert pages removed.
The original pagination from memory is around 100 pages.
The original obviously does not have a white border either.

Also, the 1983 Toyota Cup original programmes are also the ones that are most likely to be in less than pristine condition, as there was a snowstorm on the match day, and many have some scuffs, wearing, minor folds on them etc as they were stuffed inside pockets, coats, bags etc.

Perfect mate...yeah, this one has a wide spine and about 92 pages and loads of adverts. Thanks for your help
| More
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Football Programme Forum Index -> Queries About Football Programmes All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: