Football Programmes Centre

Chelsea v CF Barcelona 20th April 1966 postponed programme
AlbumAlbum   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   My Wants ListMy Wants List   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
Chelsea v CF Barcelona 20th April 1966 postponed programme
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    The Football Programme Forum Index -> Rare Football Programmes and Prices
View previous topic :: View next topic  
colchestersid

PostPosted: Tue Jul 24, 2018 2:09 pm 
Post subject:

se20blue wrote:
Hopefully that decision does not back fire on your cousin, please make sure they are aware of the pitfalls of selling high value items on Ebay I would hate for them to end up with no programme and no money which is quite possible.

Shouldn't worry too much, the original poster's cousin happens to be a well known dealer Easy
holtie96

PostPosted: Tue Jul 24, 2018 4:46 pm 
Post subject: Prog

Come back to it in 9 days time and whatch it double in price in the last 10 seconds![/u]
garyspain

PostPosted: Tue Jul 24, 2018 7:34 pm 
Post subject:

colchestersid wrote:
se20blue wrote:
Hopefully that decision does not back fire on your cousin, please make sure they are aware of the pitfalls of selling high value items on Ebay I would hate for them to end up with no programme and no money which is quite possible.

Shouldn't worry too much, the original poster's cousin happens to be a well known dealer Easy

Can you tell us more? Have we been taken for a bunch of mugs here?
gatfb

PostPosted: Tue Jul 24, 2018 7:50 pm 
Post subject:

Don't know if they are dealers or not but I do know they sell football items on a regular basis. I have had a few items from the seller myself.
colchestersid

PostPosted: Tue Jul 24, 2018 7:54 pm 
Post subject:

garyspain wrote:
colchestersid wrote:
se20blue wrote:

Perfectly good seller so nothing to worry about, I wouldn't have any hesitation in bidding if it was something I needed for my collection. Not sure about the back story but nothing wrong with what' s been sold
garyspain

PostPosted: Tue Jul 24, 2018 9:39 pm 
Post subject:

colchestersid wrote:
garyspain wrote:
colchestersid wrote:
se20blue wrote:

Perfectly good seller so nothing to worry about, I wouldn't have any hesitation in bidding if it was something I needed for my collection. Not sure about the back story but nothing wrong with what' s been sold

OK not doubting that but didn't really need our help as a newbie who just discovered a rare programme I assume.
goonerboy

PostPosted: Tue Jul 24, 2018 10:04 pm 
Post subject:

Maybe they or their cousin thought they had a good un in their hands but wanted to check. On the other hand why start the auction at £2.99. Why bother with asking around and why not just chuck it on at £2.99 anyway to see what happens ? Maybe just drumming up interest for when it is listed.
New Forest

PostPosted: Wed Jul 25, 2018 9:29 am 
Post subject:

goonerboy wrote:
Maybe they or their cousin thought they had a good un in their hands but wanted to check. On the other hand why start the auction at £2.99. Why bother with asking around and why not just chuck it on at £2.99 anyway to see what happens ? Maybe just drumming up interest for when it is listed.

I agree with the above. There are in my opinion several things wrong with this sellers approach. Firstly why ten days! I for one curse having to wait that long, it shows a nervous seller who really does not know the market. If you do indeed know what you are selling then why £7 postage. You could easily afford that from the high selling price, it just seems mean.

Also it does not take a genius to guess what the current highest bidders top bid is. Change your pattern.
gatfb

PostPosted: Wed Jul 25, 2018 2:07 pm 
Post subject:

I would rather seven days but ten is no problem. £7 postage is no problem for an item of that value. After all an auction house would not send it for free and most would want far more than £7.
bluejames

PostPosted: Wed Jul 25, 2018 3:51 pm 
Post subject:

Looks like his cousin has a cousin or a mate who keeps the bidding ticking along
This should not be allowed on ebay in my opinion
pompeypete
Forum Moderator

PostPosted: Wed Jul 25, 2018 4:47 pm 
Post subject:

bluejames wrote:
Looks like his cousin has a cousin or a mate who keeps the bidding ticking along
This should not be allowed on ebay in my opinion

Especially as his rating on e bay is (1)........Mmmmm

Even the chap (342) may be dodgy but keeps the bidding going....

Flickr pages in the process of closing......

Happy to forward any info on Pompey...
holtie96

PostPosted: Wed Jul 25, 2018 6:24 pm 
Post subject: PROg

It will all be irrelevant in the last 10 seconds
holtie96

PostPosted: Wed Jul 25, 2018 6:29 pm 
Post subject: PROg

It will all be irrelevant in the last 10 seconds
Auchinleckian
Forum Moderator

PostPosted: Wed Jul 25, 2018 6:47 pm 
Post subject:

We heard you the first time Ayatollah
holtie96

PostPosted: Wed Jul 25, 2018 7:10 pm 
Post subject: Progs

Get My Coat
daiward

PostPosted: Thu Jul 26, 2018 4:42 pm 
Post subject:

Other than the date is the programme content any dissimilar from the played game in May?

From experience of printers they are liable to pull the plug at an early postponement.

A similar occasion at a less worthy club at the time 1978-9 Watford’s home against Chester was postponed at short notice. A handful of original programmes exist only because they were saved by a collector connected to the printers. The printer went on to use the others for the next match which happened to be against Chesterfield!

All food for thought.
se20blue

PostPosted: Thu Jul 26, 2018 4:55 pm 
Post subject:

daiward wrote:
Other than the date is the programme content any dissimilar from the played game in May?

From experience of printers they are liable to pull the plug at an early postponement.

A similar occasion at a less worthy club at the time 1978-9 Watford’s home against Chester was postponed at short notice. A handful of original programmes exist only because they were saved by a collector connected to the printers. The printer went on to use the others for the next match which happened to be against Chesterfield!

All food for thought.

From memory would that be Maybanks ?
Driver8

PostPosted: Thu Jul 26, 2018 7:35 pm 
Post subject:

Having compared the pages on the scanned April issue there are some pages that are exactly as those to be found in the May issue e.g. photos from previous rounds, pen pic / pictures of the Barcelona players. However, the fixture / results / tables information are all updated, there is a different editorial, team line ups page show different officials, and a match report of the 'first' leg played in Spain is contained. There are enough changes to show a full reprint was done (in my opinion).

As a European collector of over 35 years I was unaware of the existence of a postponed issue and also as a statistician I had been unaware of this cancelled fixture.

From the previous posts it doesn't appear that anybody has seen this issue before, or at least is admitting to it.

The early frenzy of bidding seems to have abated and I would expect this start again in earnest in the last few hours rising to the usual mayhem in the last 10 seconds.

Given the obvious rarity and Chelsea having many serious collectors with financial clout I thought it might be fun to have a "guess the final price" competition. I will start the ball rolling and say £3,000.

As Brucie used to say "higher or lower?"
Dorking

PostPosted: Thu Jul 26, 2018 7:43 pm 
Post subject:

I'll guess £1900.01
holtie96

PostPosted: Thu Jul 26, 2018 11:35 pm 
Post subject: Price

£2100 this could be outrageously high....
| More
Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    The Football Programme Forum Index -> Rare Football Programmes and Prices All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
Page 2 of 3

Jump to: