Football Programmes Centre

Chelsea v CF Barcelona 20th April 1966 postponed programme
AlbumAlbum   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   My Wants ListMy Wants List   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
Chelsea v CF Barcelona 20th April 1966 postponed programme
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3

Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    The Football Programme Forum Index -> Rare Football Programmes and Prices
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Grumpypants

PostPosted: Fri Jul 27, 2018 6:44 am 
Post subject:

My guess would be about £1,750.
Pete’s Picture Palace
Forum Moderator

PostPosted: Fri Jul 27, 2018 1:14 pm 
Post subject:

£2250.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website My Wants List
Auchinleckian
Forum Moderator

PostPosted: Fri Jul 27, 2018 1:15 pm 
Post subject:

£3677.
CodeXIII

PostPosted: Fri Jul 27, 2018 1:54 pm 
Post subject:

£1650
and then by pure coincidence he finds ANOTHER one tucked away in the attic Wink
martino

PostPosted: Fri Jul 27, 2018 5:26 pm 
Post subject:

Still over six days to go. If they are experienced Chelsea buyers why are they bidding now?

Why show your interest so soon?

If it was me I would hold off and bid loads in the last minutes and see what happens?

Anyway an interesting diversion and my guess is £3,150.
holtie96

PostPosted: Thu Aug 02, 2018 9:27 pm 
Post subject: Progr

as expected two big buyers came in bidding during the last 10 Seconds fetching £1800
Now the big question is, where there is one is there now two?
se20blue

PostPosted: Thu Aug 02, 2018 9:31 pm 
Post subject: Re: Progr

holtie96 wrote:
as expected two big buyers came in bidding during the last 10 Seconds fetching £1800
Now the big question is, where there is one is there now two?

And the winner is the seller £1816
Dorking

PostPosted: Thu Aug 02, 2018 9:43 pm 
Post subject:

Dorking wrote:
I'll guess £1900.01

Wasn't far off Easy
chelseapeter

PostPosted: Thu Aug 02, 2018 10:22 pm 
Post subject:

The Winner £1816 ROBERT STEIN.
se20blue

PostPosted: Thu Aug 02, 2018 10:42 pm 
Post subject:

Lets hope the seller pays the added cost of special delivery(9.50) to cover upto £2500.
paulobee

PostPosted: Fri Aug 03, 2018 10:00 am 
Post subject:

se20blue wrote:
Lets hope the seller pays the added cost of special delivery(9.50) to cover upto £2500.

As I posted just after he listed the item. Should be the higher postal charge to cover for any potential loss. The buyer is covered by PayPal, the seller is only covered up to £1000, if using the cheaper postal option. The seller will lose out......
bluejames

PostPosted: Fri Aug 03, 2018 11:15 am 
Post subject:

This was never of interest to me personally, and even if it had, neither my pocket nor my wife would have let me bid.That said,it has been interesting to watch members opinions of the final value and to analyse those suggestions against the actual final result.
The so called,experienced dealers on the forum were either 25% too high at £2250 or 100% too high at £3677.I think the lesson here is to give dealers a miss and buy on ebay if you can afford the high ticket items.
Pete’s Picture Palace
Forum Moderator

PostPosted: Fri Aug 03, 2018 2:13 pm 
Post subject:

bluejames wrote:
This was never of interest to me personally, and even if it had, neither my pocket nor my wife would have let me bid.That said,it has been interesting to watch members opinions of the final value and to analyse those suggestions against the actual final result.
The so called,experienced dealers on the forum were either 25% too high at £2250 or 100% too high at £3677.I think the lesson here is to give dealers a miss and buy on ebay if you can afford the high ticket items.

That would be me then. I deal in press photos and haven't any idea about programmes. So being 25% out wasn't too bad a guess really. But thanks for your kind words.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website My Wants List
pompeypete
Forum Moderator

PostPosted: Fri Aug 03, 2018 2:21 pm 
Post subject:

I just feel sorry for the 1st bidder of £2.99

Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing

Flickr pages in the process of closing......

Happy to forward any info on Pompey...
bluejames

PostPosted: Fri Aug 03, 2018 2:47 pm 
Post subject:

Pete’s Picture Palace wrote:
bluejames wrote:

That would be me then. I deal in press photos and haven't any idea about programmes. So being 25% out wasn't too bad a guess really. But thanks for your kind words.

FFS where's your sense of humour?As code X111 suggested some on the forum, are stuck in the 1970's.I think it was a great and interesting idea to play guess the price.I even found it more interesting than say the fantasy football leagues.I think we should try and spot more potentially rare items on ebay,or even a football auction,and try and guess what the achieved price will be
Driver8

PostPosted: Fri Aug 03, 2018 5:46 pm 
Post subject:

Perhaps the seller should have gone through a blind auction e.g. Sports Programmes with a high end minimum bid. Alternatively they could have started off on ebay with either a high end 'buy it now' or high end starting bid, and not the £2.00 and "will see what the true value will be" approach.

If I ever have something I think might be of value or just have no idea what it might be worth I start high on ebay and work my way down.

Still, hindsight is a wonderful thing !
Auchinleckian
Forum Moderator

PostPosted: Fri Aug 03, 2018 7:13 pm 
Post subject:

Jings. A bit of fun and it turns into something serious....
Driver8

PostPosted: Fri Aug 03, 2018 7:49 pm 
Post subject:

Just a little bit more information, this time on the game itself and how Tommy Docherty "engineered" a postponement.

https://theprideoflondon.com/2018/03/13/chelsea-barcelona-inter-cities-fairs-cup/

Contemporary Spanish reports also raise questions on the postponment:

http://hemeroteca.lavanguardia.....1/pdf.html
http://hemeroteca.mundodeporti.....fullScreen
manchesterunitedman1

PostPosted: Sat Aug 04, 2018 12:48 pm 
Post subject:

I do not have much to say of late even though i pop in most days and take a quick look and see who is saying what, so looking at this Chelsea postponed item that as John has said has now turned into a bit of a hoo ha eh, with some folks getting quite annoyed, angry and a malevolent dark side has emerged, so i asked myself this question:

I wonder why RoddyN of this forum has not replied?

Perhaps it is because RoddyN and Robert Stein are one and the same? I thought this is common knowledge amongst the established forum members?..

Anyway must dash......just heard about a Newton Heath item turned up so I must get my trampling boots on and not to forget my bike chains again, some of these older frail ladies in their 90’s can be so aggressive nowadays! Laughing Laughing

To see 19,900++ original items relating to Newton Heath & Manchester Utd 1878-2023 then visit www.flickr.com/photos/manchesterunitedman1/sets to see entire uploads.

1000's more images to be uploaded, to view the latest uploads go to www.flickr.com/photos/manchesterunitedman1/

Click any images 21 MILLION views to date to the Flickr site since 2007 growing every day. New Uploads weekly. Thank You to one & all for visiting!
craig
Site Admin

PostPosted: Sat Aug 04, 2018 5:20 pm 
Post subject:

Hi All

Please can I remind you that although this is a public forum and I'm all for free speech, please refrain from what may be judged to be either defamatory, slanderous or libelous comments.

I haven't read everything, and I'm not commenting one way or the other or saying anyone is right or wrong, I'm just asking for the good of the forum to change the subject please.

Thanks all
| More
Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    The Football Programme Forum Index -> Rare Football Programmes and Prices All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3
Page 3 of 3

Jump to: