Football Programmes Centre

Vacant stall at Auchinleck Talbot Fair October 13th
AlbumAlbum   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   My Wants ListMy Wants List   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
Vacant stall at Auchinleck Talbot Fair October 13th

Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Football Programme Forum Index -> Upcoming Football Programme Fairs. In honour of Gordon Bennett. RIP
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Auchinleckian
Forum Moderator

PostPosted: Wed Jul 03, 2019 7:42 pm 
Post subject: Vacant stall at Auchinleck Talbot Fair October 13th

Looks like we will have one stallholder who might not be able to make it, so we now have a vacancy at the fair, which is now in it's sixth year - Scotland's longest running fair. Stall rental is just £15.

Please contact me if there's any interest.
Auchinleckian
Forum Moderator

PostPosted: Wed Jul 24, 2019 6:43 pm 
Post subject:

Still vacant stall available.
Gladiator

PostPosted: Fri Jul 26, 2019 9:28 am 
Post subject:

So it is agreed that is by no way “Scotland’s longest running fairShake

But the Scottish Glasgow Programme Fair is?

Glad that tiny inaccuracy was finally cleared up over 8000 clicks later on that last thread.

But good luck on the day in October Thumbs Up

Last edited by Gladiator on Sat Aug 03, 2019 8:10 am; edited 3 times in total
Auchinleckian
Forum Moderator

PostPosted: Fri Jul 26, 2019 9:43 am 
Post subject:

I realise you're not the brightest bulb in the house by any margin and you seem to think that having a pop at the Auchinleck Talbot Fair is somehow fun.

For the record, I think the Glasgow Programme Fair is now in it's second (or maybe third?) year. This Fair will be our sixth. Do the maths, and give my best wishes to your dad, at least he knew what he was talking about.
Gladiator

PostPosted: Fri Jul 26, 2019 10:44 am 
Post subject: Fairs

This is a programme forum and would like to think it’s members are mainly people that are educated and base the information that they gather mainly on facts and not fiction this way it helps collectors know what’s a good investment and maybe what is not.

The Rutherglen Programme exchange sponsored the 1st ever Scottish Glasgow Programme fair in October 1976 ( probably why you choose this month your self ) too follow in such great footsteps as was on the 10th October and I remember it well having been their.

200 official day programmes where issued by John Lister the fair organiser then Alan Dick and John C Turner got involved in 1978 up too to the the 1980 fair ( the 5th annual Scottish Programme Fair ) when Alan Dick and Stewart Turner took over from John Lister whom had pioneered the idea for the famous McLennan Galleries venue and has carried on successfully changing organiser hands all the way to this years Glasgow Programme Fair with the organiser now Douglas Stevenson and by all accounts the recent May fair was a success.

That and still is “Scotland’s running programme fair” in Glasgow certainly not in Auchenleck which I in no way mean to be little and wish the event well.

Last edited by Gladiator on Sat Aug 03, 2019 8:10 am; edited 1 time in total
Gladiator

PostPosted: Fri Jul 26, 2019 10:50 am 
Post subject: Programme fairs

Also you mention in your post “bulbs and houses” maybe that’s a Ayrshire thing so this does confuses me.

But just to add that the very 1st programme fair programme was famously produced with a cotton seamed spine each individual hand made and anyone lucky enough to still have the 1st ever programme for the event ( I do ) ( Maybe it is a item that is worth a few pounds that I don’t know ) you have mislead people into thinking that this is the “longest running Scottish programme fair” when its just completely inaccurate.

The programme was priced 10p and the admission was 20p.

I would upload one and share if it I new how but sadly at my age all this HTML stuff confuses me.
Auchinleckian
Forum Moderator

PostPosted: Fri Jul 26, 2019 1:10 pm 
Post subject:

I can now confirm that the stall has been taken, by fellow Ayrshire Junior football lover and Largs Thistle fan Paul Laing.

By the way Gladiator / Danny, you are more than welcome to pop in and have a look. It's a cracking day out.
Tynie Topics

PostPosted: Fri Jul 26, 2019 1:16 pm 
Post subject: Re: Fairs

Gladiator wrote:
That and still is “Scotland’s running programme fair” in Glasgow certainly not in Auchenleck which I in no way mean to be little and wish the event well.

I'm guessing, given the complete absence of programme fairs in Scotland for many years, John refers to the current environment, in which case the Talbot fair is currently the longest running.

The Glasgow and Scottish Fairs were long dead, until one was revived very recently, not sure how something can claim to be longest running if it never ran for years.

However, does it actually matter? who cares really. Time to give it a rest, we were all bored of it last time. Try posting about programmes.
Gladiator

PostPosted: Fri Jul 26, 2019 2:06 pm 

Personally I think it’s obvious why so few collectors are turning up to the
“ Scotland’s Longest Running Fair” 25 people at the last one for such a “cracking day out”.

Then by sheer coincidence within a couple of hours of my earlier post this morning after a couple of weeks of heavy advertising by the Talbot organiser a Largs fan has by magic taken the spare slot today.

To the other poster Tyne Topics I think it has relevance because to say one was “ dead “ for a while then made a come back “ and that it doesn’t matter nobody really cares “

Well then you could say that Albion Rovers have been running longer than say Glasgow Rangers as they made a come back too so it can be complex statement to make.

I actually think if the organiser was smart he would have fed off of the success of the Scottish Glasgow Programme Fair famous for the largest attendance of any fair in the UK I believe back in 1979 when over 2000 people attended that fair it was even known for large T V companies and coverage to attend further fairs in the early 1980’s such was their popularity.

This obviously helped grabbed the attention of many young collectors at the time whom now like myself are a lot older and whom knows maybe no face book collectors pages, or fairs would be in existence at all if was not for these programme fairs and early pioneers so to just brush off the brains behind these fairs in the first place I think would be a very sad and misguided thing to do particularly if trying to promote “ Scotland’s longest running fair

That way the Auchinleck Talbot venue would have a bit of a story behind it and maybe with such advertising then more than 25 people would attend?
Tynie Topics

PostPosted: Fri Jul 26, 2019 3:16 pm 

Gladiator wrote:
“ Scotland’s Longest Running Fair” 25 people at the last one for such a “cracking day out”.

Then by sheer coincidence within a couple of hours of my earlier post this morning after a couple of weeks of heavy advertising by the Talbot organiser a Largs fan has by magic taken the spare slot today.

To the other poster Tyne Topics I think it has relevance because to say one was “ dead “ for a while then made a come back “ and that it doesn’t matter nobody really cares “

Well then you could say that Albion Rovers have been running longer than say Glasgow Rangers as they made a come back too so it can be complex statement to make.

I actually think if the organiser was smart he would have fed off of the success of the Scottish Glasgow Programme Fair famous for the largest attendance of any fair in the UK I believe back in 1979 when over 2000 people attended that fair it was even known for large T V companies and coverage to attend further fairs in the early 1980’s such was their popularity.

This obviously helped grabbed the attention of many young collectors at the time whom now like myself are a lot older and whom knows maybe no face book collectors pages, or fairs would be in existence at all if was not for these programme fairs and early pioneers so to just brush off the brains behind these fairs in the first place I think would be a very sad and misguided thing to do particularly if trying to promote “ Scotland’s longest running fair

That way the Auchinleck Talbot venue would have a bit of a story behind it and maybe with such advertising then more than 25 people would attend?

Nobody cares, give it a rest for goodness sake, all your posts (along with your previous ID) have been attacking John and the Fair. nothing else. Pathetic.
Gladiator

PostPosted: Fri Jul 26, 2019 4:18 pm 

Have replied to this on the previous thread on this subject thought would be easier.
Auchinleckian
Forum Moderator

PostPosted: Fri Jul 26, 2019 4:56 pm 

Gladiator wrote:

You really do yourself a disservice with your suppositions based on complete ignorance.

Paul actually messaged me on Facebook on July 5th about having a stall. As he was not an FB friend I didn't get physical notification of it arriving. I only saw it today when checking for something else, so contacted him to see if he'd still like the stall and he affirmed that he did. So it's got absolutely nothing to do with anything you've done or not done. I suggest you draw a line under this thread, grow up, and concentrate your energies elsewhere?
pastpirate
Forum Moderator

PostPosted: Fri Jul 26, 2019 9:33 pm 
Post subject:

Forumcollector/Gladiator. Please can you give it a rest. You contribute nothing to the forum except attacks on John. From now on any more of the same will see the post deleted. If you have nothing positive to add please don't bother.

Thank you.

www.bristolroversmemorabilia.weebly.com The definitive list of Bristol Rovers programmes
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website MSN Messenger My Wants List
whosbrianwilson

PostPosted: Fri Jul 26, 2019 10:35 pm 
Post subject:

pastpirate wrote:
Forumcollector/Gladiator. Please can you give it a rest. You contribute nothing to the forum except attacks on John. From now on any more of the same will see the post deleted. If you have nothing positive to add please don't bother.

Thank you.

Hear bloody hear
| More
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Football Programme Forum Index -> Upcoming Football Programme Fairs. In honour of Gordon Bennett. RIP All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: